• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

Kind of.

It's like two point columns. One regional and one global. If you win 20 pts in NA and 10 in Latin America, you have 30 global points....but only 20 for NA and 10 for LA.

Yes.

Also, no more qualifying in a premier without qualifying. If you're second and the first place has previously qualified, the event falls to global points.

Doubtful. If the point structure is the same, a strong international player can just place first at a tournament and probably qualify for the regional tournament.

They traveled for the money more than anything else.

Prize structure is the same.

kirblar

Doubtful. If the point structure is the same, a strong international player can just place first at a tournament and probably qualify for the regional tournament.
Yes, they can place first.

But if they're not going around the regional tour, they probably don't qualify any other way.

It's set up in a way that discourages international travel for the regional events. You need to spike one if you're an outsider to get on a regional CPT.

I wouldn't put it that way, although it can work out that way. I think the focus is to get more players from different regions. Traveling to ranking events outside of your region can still be beneficial, it's just that you better win to make it count so you can have a spot in the regional qualifier in case you need it. Otherwise it was sort of a wasted trip and the only reason to keep going is if you need points for the Global leaderboard or you still haven't given up on trying to qualify for the regional qualifier. That's the pros and cons that people need to weigh if they decide to travel abroad for a ranking event.

MrDaravon

I just read the CPT article from red bull and im so confused....

Yeah I get it after the show and reading that but it's still poorly explained in both places. I'm sure someone will throw together an infographic quickly explaining it if anything.

Also Lupe vs Daigo happening next fucking week is out of goddamn nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom