• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

vulva

Not sure if I mentioned this here but tomorrow I'm competing in some SF4 invitational tournament that I guess I qualified for. I'll probably do awful but I think I'm excited!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
You lie through your teeth shin.

Not sure if I mentioned this here but tomorrow I'm competing in some SF4 invitational tournament that I guess I qualified for. I'll probably do awful but I think I'm excited!

Have fun and get bodied.

I'll sell you my EVO stick signed by everybody for $1,000,000 + $200 shipping. Taxes are free of charge and so is handling.

Come on, I know you have a collection of sticks, I'm willing to pay.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You're a future famous doctor with a future wife who plays and knows every fighting game. Your future looks bright. Invest now and the stick will be worth ten times that when you have your fifth kid.

Don't have five kids yams just buy a stick. You can tell your kids about how awesome fighting games were while they ignore and are wearing their VR sets.

You can tell them how fighting games all went downhill after they added nice-guy-ryu, old sagat and good natured akuma DLC.

vulva

You lie through your teeth shin.

Have fun and get bodied.

Come on, I know you have a collection of sticks, I'm willing to pay.

I'm looking at how the bracket will go, I'm honestly pretty likely to go 0-2. I play against the better chun-li from Toronto first and then I play a dude I usually lose to. Oh well!

Yooo, come through and say hi to some of us.

Depends on what my plans are. I graduate college in May, but if I'm still around Jersey I'd definitely come through.

Assuming I land a job I'd actually love to start going to more tourneys after I graduate, since I won't have to deal with inconsistent class schedules while working a part time on the weekend.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Best try PC for Bipson Sandvich

I'm looking at how the bracket will go, I'm honestly pretty likely to go 0-2. I play against the better chun-li from Toronto first and then I play a dude I usually lose to. Oh well!

Its a dead game either way so don't feel bad!

Depends on what my plans are. I graduate college in May, but if I'm still around Jersey I'd definitely come through.

Assuming I land a job I'd actually love to start going to more tourneys after I graduate, since I won't have to deal with inconsistent class schedules while working a part time on the weekend.

I started going to tournaments when I was out of school. Once I got back, I did two consecutive tournaments back to back, DTN and Canada Cup. Suffice to say, work > tournaments. I thought I could handle it, and I did, but man no rest in between for busy folks. Hope you get a job.

Best try PC for Bipson Sandvich

Its a dead game either way so don't feel bad!

I started going to tournaments when I was out of school. Once I got back, I did two consecutive tournaments back to back, DTN and Canada Cup. Suffice to say, work > tournaments. I thought I could handle it, and I did, but man no rest in between for busy folks. Hope you get a job.

No Chunners anywhere?

Edit: Chunners is steam pre-order

NEO0MJ

Why do people call her that? It's the same amount of syllables as her real name, less characters to write her actual name and using just chun as an abbreviation doesn't make you sound like a moron.

People like to give nicknames to their waifus.

vulva

4CJ9SHd.png

jerry1594

What's the best PS3 stick that someone can recommend to me? I'm looking for something like these two: http://www.play-asia.com/hori-real-arcade-pro-stick-2/13/7010up http://www.play-asia.com/hori-real-arcade-pro-stick-3/13/702xsu

Kadey, if you have the PS3 or PS2 one, let me know. I'm willing to negotiate.

All the perverts do.
Get a virtua stick. There are two versions one with an S engraved in the backplate and a revision with an M. The S one has a faulty pcb that doesn't register certain inputs. The M version was supposed to correct it but apparently still faulty. Even so people have said they have had no problems so ymmv. If you do have problems, it's an annoying mod because the inside of the stick is smaller than a nyc apartment. But it's worth it.

Brett Awesome

Neo Member
I'm from Glasgow so i'm a bit biased, but Hypespotting not being a Premier event this year is some serious BS. Now it's gonna be given to some expo instead.

Beckx

Bleh. PC only detects PS360+ sticks in direct input mode. If I hold down mp when connecting to force 360 mode, I get an unknown device install error.

Can't even navigate Steam BMP without xinput.

This

http://shoryuken.com/2016/02/09/japanese-rockers-man-with-a-mission-provide-street-fighter-vs-official-theme-song/ said:
they worked with Capcom to provide the commercial theme song for Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

I didn't know.

Also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recipe_for_Hate what? They just decided to base their entire band on that album?

Beckx

Great trailer

Next Viscant article is up: https://www.brokentier.com/blogs/br...-hit-the-ground-running-3-the-next-8-fighters

(on Vega): These people are getting great results so far just using half the character, imagine how good he's going to be when people put it all together.

Speaking of online players getting away with murder, here's Karin!

The line I usually use regarding Zangief in interviews is that he specializes in easy answers to otherwise complicated questions. Screw your frame trap that you spent 3 weeks on, I'll piledrive that. Eventually people will figure out the nuances of the game and play better footsies in time but Zangief players generally have the idea right fresh out of the gate. Even if the character has combos (and often he really doesn't; for 7+ years we've been exposed to hit confirming SF4 Zangief when that's not how Zangief traditionally plays) going for a heavy piledriver or siberian suplex is never a bad decision.

There are only a few videos to look at so far. Here are probably the three most useful that have turned up. The longest and best one is Combo Fiend vs. Mike Ross and I'm not sure how much we can learn from this since FANG is supposedly a defensive zoner and Combo Fiend hasn't held down back for more than 3 seconds since 1997.

Anth0ny

i'm not paying for shit after buying the base game

I know it's going to take a lot of fight money to unlock the characters but that's how i'm going to get good.... by playing the game a fuckload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom