• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckx

SFV uses the LZ driver to make PS3 sticks compatible (assumed that's what they did but didn't see it mentioned)

@Skullgirls
We're excited to confirm that #SFV on #PS4 will feature @LabZeroGames' driver that lets you use most PS3 fightsticks! More $ for more games!

Hey notworksafe, have you ever heard of the issue where a PC won't detect the PS360+ when you force 360 mode? Happened to me yesterday. A thread on SRK suggested a lot of possible causes but seemed the only solution was to use a powered USB hub.

notworksafe

Hey notworksafe, have you ever heard of the issue where a PC won't detect the PS360+ when you force 360 mode? Happened to me yesterday. A thread on SRK suggested a lot of possible causes but seemed the only solution was to use a powered USB hub.

that's a new one to me. windows 10?

is it recognized if you force ps3 mode or just plug it in normally?

Astarte

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator's menu shown. Seems to have avatars in a similar manner to Blazblue now. Hey, is that a Raven avatar...?

Yo, see me in fishing though. Now THIS sounds EVO-worthy.

Oh gosh that looks adorable. I hope that the lobby system isn't as weird as Xrd's was :/

that's a good question

motherfucker

edit: you can play as mace windu in the episode 3 game multiplayer that is pretty much just a jedi fighting game. does that count?

Episode 3 was a pretty great game, like for real. That versus mode was pretty hilarious.

Rice-eater, last year we predicted the national representation for the 2015 Capcom Cup before the tour started. We should do it again this year.

With the way points are distributed this time I can see Asian players just flying out to Latin America. Ranking points count towards the specific region the ranking tournament was held at and towards the global standings. Top 2 in points for each region qualify for Capcom Cup. Plus there is that 1 from the regional finals.

Last year the best way to get points was to just farm points at ranking events due to the way points were given out. Points are being given out the same as last year which encourages players to go to ranking events. I think ranking events became that much more influential because they give out points towards the global standings and regional standings, where as the premier events only give out points towards the global standings. So even if you go to Latin American, though you probably won't have enough points to qualify out of the region, you'll still have those points count towards the global standings. Furthermore, you can no longer qualify towards Capcom Cup by placing in the top 4 (provided the players above you already qualified) at a premier event. Even less incentive to go to a Premier tournament.

https://capcomprotour.com/capcom-pro-tour-2016-season-details/
-1st place at a premier gives you 256, 2nd gives you 128, etc...
-1st place at a ranking gives you 128, 2nd gives you 64, etc...
-1st at EVO gives you 1024

So it's the same as last year, which I did not like.

Beckx

that's a new one to me. windows 10?

is it recognized if you force ps3 mode or just plug it in normally?

Windows 8.1 (it's a new Alienware Alpha but I'm not using their hivemind UI). I may upgrade it to Win 10 later this weekend.

If I just plug it in normally it detects fine (HID compliant/directinput). But then that creates issues because they don't play nice with Steam big picture mode and some games (and of course SFV when it drops).

CurlyW

You know you can look up who has the most Twitter followers on this website called Twitter.

Smash Bros.
Leffen: 363,838 followers
Mango: 124,355
Hungrybox: 111,907
Armada: 110,900
PPMD: 105,840
Mew2King: 102,699
ZeRo: 65,280
D1: 59,521
Scar: 35,945
Westballz: 35,904
Ken: 35,062
GimR: 32,413
Toph: 28,676
Axe: 26,318

Capcom
JWong: 76,987 followers
PR Balrog: 70,426
Mike Ross: 58,333
Daigo: 50,146
Team Spooky: 46,865
James Chen: 39,953
Alex Valle: 35,386
Tokido: 31,812
Ultradavid: 31,270
Kazunoko: 30,524
Momochi: 26,814
Filipino Champ: 25,600
Arturo Sanchez: 24,826

General FGC
Maximilian: 71,928 followers
Gootecks: 49,418

Dota
Dendi: 340,467 followers
Puppey: 183,811
Arteezy: 175,027
TobiWan: 147,706
Loda: 121,461
EternalEnvy: 110,819

LoL
Bjergsen: 620,873 followers
Dyrus: 515,107
Doublelift: 403,770
I don't know any other pro League players. Is Team MRN still around?

notworksafe

Windows 8.1 (it's a new Alienware Alpha but I'm not using their hivemind UI). I may upgrade it to Win 10 later this weekend.

If I just plug it in normally it detects fine (HID compliant/directinput). But then that creates issues because they don't play nice with Steam big picture mode and some games (and of course SFV when it drops).
Hm okay so probably not a USB or PCB issue.

Do you get a "new hardware" chime or driver install popup or anything from Windows when you force 360? Or does it just sit there? IIRC you have the OG firmware or something right? Are you able to upgrade it? I know a lot of PC bugs are resolved in the later versions.

Dahbomb

Man why the hell does Leffen have almost 3 times the followers of the next Smash player?

I guess a lot of haters in his Twitter feed.

Beckx

Hm okay so probably not a USB or PCB issue.

Do you get a "new hardware" chime or driver install popup or anything from Windows when you force 360? Or does it just sit there? IIRC you have the OG firmware or something right? Are you able to upgrade it? I know a lot of PC bugs are resolved in the later versions.

You hear the chime, but then a pop up that says "unknown device" and that the installation of the USB device has failed.

Yeah, I'm on 1.2 firmware. I am going to upgrade if I can't fix it with a hub tonight. I think that changes the force mode button away from mp to a button combination. The reason I'm not going with the firmware fix is that the one old thread I found from years ago said that going from 1.2 to 1.4 hadn't fixed anything.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So how does that explain your time with guilty gear xrd?
?

I force myself through all singleplayer content in any game I buy before I touch MP at all, regardless of genre. This includes all of the arcade mode content (I draw the line at some of the boring challenge mode stuff like MK has). And as I allude to below, it's pretty highly likely this is a minority of consumers today. Plus if we're using me as an example, I'm pretty sure most people don't spend 90% of their time in a game in a training mode instead of playing other human beings.

errr, actually its way more. Have you looked into a rainbow 6 siege or star wars battlefront or titanfall thread
Enthusiast outrage is one thing, the success of some of those games regardless + immense success of MOBAs and other games with limited forms of single player content is another (i.e. Hearthstone). The way people play games changed a while ago when higher budget costs made people think about how to build and reuse content differently so they could keep players invested for longer on the same content, and we already know so many people can't be assed to finish the storylines of the most popular shooters in favour of putting themselves into the MP vortex.

notworksafe

You hear the chime, but then a pop up that says "unknown device" and that the installation of the USB device has failed.

Yeah, I'm on 1.2 firmware. I am going to upgrade if I can't fix it with a hub tonight. I think that changes the force mode button away from mp to a button combination. The reason I'm not going with the firmware fix is that the one old thread I found from years ago said that going from 1.2 to 1.4 hadn't fixed anything.

Yeah the unknown device thing is a pain in the ass. Basically means the PC is having issues seeing what is going on with the PCB. So basically means the issue is either the PC or the PCB. So not helpful at all lol.

FWIW they are up to firmware 1.66 now but I think the most recent update is PS4 focused. Once you update you'll just need to hold MP+MK to force 360 mode, so not too bad.

Beckx

Yeah the unknown device thing is a pain in the ass. Basically means the PC is having issues seeing what is going on with the PCB. So basically means the issue is either the PC or the PCB. So not helpful at all lol.

FWIW they are up to firmware 1.66 now but I think the most recent update is PS4 focused. Once you update you'll just need to hold MP+MK to force 360 mode, so not too bad.

Thanks. Hopefully I can work out the kinks here. You may be on to something with "issues seeing the PCB" because I have a USB switch in between the PCB and the devices in the cab (makes it way easier to switch systems given how cramped the kraylix's storage bay is). That has never caused an issue but it might be part of the problem.

notworksafe

Thanks. Hopefully I can work out the kinks here. You may be on to something with "issues seeing the PCB" because I have a USB switch in between the PCB and the devices in the cab (makes it way easier to switch systems given how cramped the kraylix's storage bay is). That has never caused an issue but it might be part of the problem.

On my old PC the PS360 wouldn't be recognized if I plugged it into the USB ports in the front but the ones in the back would see it right away. Sometimes it's just a weird thing like that.

Tripon

You know you can look up who has the most Twitter followers on this website called Twitter.

Smash Bros.
Leffen: 363,838 followers
Mango: 124,355
Hungrybox: 111,907
Armada: 110,900
PPMD: 105,840
Mew2King: 102,699
ZeRo: 65,280
D1: 59,521
Scar: 35,945
Westballz: 35,904
Ken: 35,062
GimR: 32,413
Toph: 28,676
Axe: 26,318

Capcom
JWong: 76,987 followers
PR Balrog: 70,426
Mike Ross: 58,333
Daigo: 50,146
Team Spooky: 46,865
James Chen: 39,953
Alex Valle: 35,386
Tokido: 31,812
Ultradavid: 31,270
Kazunoko: 30,524
Momochi: 26,814
Filipino Champ: 25,600
Arturo Sanchez: 24,826

General FGC
Maximilian: 71,928 followers
Gootecks: 49,418

Dota
Dendi: 340,467 followers
Puppey: 183,811
Arteezy: 175,027
TobiWan: 147,706
Loda: 121,461
EternalEnvy: 110,819

LoL
Bjergsen: 620,873 followers
Dyrus: 515,107
Doublelift: 403,770
I don't know any other pro League players. Is Team MRN still around?
Didn't Leffen get exposed for paying for twitter followers?

notworksafe

SF8 will be a return to form after Capcom goes out of business and is bought by Chinese company Perfect World.

"It's just like SF2, including the graphics" touts Isaiah "Triforce" Johnson, new head of Fighting Game Development. "It's also free to play, my favorite price" he adds.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Those boots... Kreygasm

Bye bye green hand. I'll miss you. Guess the go to grappler will be Mika then for her tag partner calls that should help with this some. That or just say fuck it and get my fix from Necalli's nasty looking grabs and forego wrestlers altogether.

Mike is an idiot, lets get that clear. He can play alright when he's not letting his emotions get the best of him but Zangief has options to deal with this, since Mike wasn't doing them and Combo realized this, he just spammed what worked on Mike. In tournament setting, F.A.N.G. is not going to have an easy time against Gief.

Don't let this video fool you, Gief is very strong in this game and has answers to Fang. That's just a dummy behind the stick. =)

Thank you, Jesus lol

Fishing?

I'm...oddly intrigued by this prospect.

Avatar quote of the year right here.

Enthusiast outrage is one thing, the success of some of those games regardless + immense success of MOBAs and other games with limited forms of single player content is another (i.e. Hearthstone). The way people play games changed a while ago when higher budget costs made people think about how to build and reuse content differently so they could keep players invested for longer on the same content, and we already know so many people can't be assed to finish the storylines of the most popular shooters in favour of putting themselves into the MP vortex.

I think it's backwards to label the need for single player content as enthusiast outrage when online multiplayer games exist to make money off of the few whales of their consumer base. If we're going to bring a mobile game as a comparison.

but I think KidA had it right in regards to "the way people play games changed". The most relevant aspect of SF5's life as a tournament game is twitch. How spectator friendly it is. Story mode, netcode, not really.

ShinMaruku

?

I force myself through all singleplayer content in any game I buy before I touch MP at all, regardless of genre. This includes all of the arcade mode content (I draw the line at some of the boring challenge mode stuff like MK has). And as I allude to below, it's pretty highly likely this is a minority of consumers today. Plus if we're using me as an example, I'm pretty sure most people don't spend 90% of their time in a game in a training mode instead of playing other human beings.

Never compare games to the two greatest outliers of LoL and DOTA2, they hold perhaps 70-80% of the MOBA market, Fartstone has it's own market and being free to play like the former. Those 3 games are terrible to come off a conslusion that multiplayer only is good. If Quake and UT can come back into being and be the success they have been then you would have a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom