• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Fang is throwing two fireballs in that video. EX gonna get popped by those. Headbutt is gonna get popped. Lariat will work but I don't know how their recoveries match up. Also the horizontal fireball doesn't even have hitstun and isn't a factor in how FANG is keeping Gief out.

And FANG has his Yang-esque teleport, which I believe has some invincibility.

The two fireballs are chucked at a parabolic angle in the air so he has time to run up at him with it. I just do roundhouse tatsu and it punishes Sim, it should be able to do the same to FANG. So if the horizontal fireball has no hitstun then the running grab should work.

ElTopo

Banned
Birdie has a ton of ways to do it. f+hp for a short shoulder tackle with one armor. df+hp for a low slide, preemptive chain works and ex chain destroys fireballs. EX Dive should work too. Bull Horn, which is hold any button and then let go might as well though I haven't tried it.

If you activate v trigger and do EX Bullhorn it has full armor.

mbpm1

The two fireballs are chucked at a parabolic angle in the air so he has time to run up at him with it. I just do roundhouse tatsu and it punishes Sim, it should be able to do the same to FANG. So if the horizontal fireball has no hitstun then the running grab should work.

So he doesn't throw the fireballs every time.

I know it's too early to tell but he also has his handy two hitting far moves which fuck up Gief's armor attempts in and his soul spiral thingy which may or may not be safe. One option which is an easy max punish on a wrong guess and will get you smacked if you use it randomly in neutral is not enough to say "Fang won't have an easy time against Gief" imo.

Life gets better for Gief if he has meter/vtrigger though.

Also hold on, the most horizontal versions look pretty damn low. It doesn't look like Gief is going under those.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So he doesn't throw the fireballs every time.

I know it's too early to tell but he also has his handy two hitting far moves which fuck up Gief's armor attempts in and his soul spiral thingy which may or may not be safe. One option which is an easy max punish on a wrong guess and will get you smacked if you use it randomly in neutral is not enough to say "Fang won't have an easy time against Gief" imo.

Life gets better for Gief if he has meter/vtrigger though.

Also hold on, the most horizontal versions look pretty damn low. It doesn't look like Gief is going under those.

Gief wouldn't go below them... Since they have not hitstun, he just goes through them. Jumping isn't the smartest option for Gief in this matchup since that's what FANG players would want you to do. Also, the two far hitting moves may stop Gief, but when he does throw fireballs, you can bait them out depending on the distance you are away from him and punish his recovery animation. I haven't tested it out so its all theory but Gief can probably do this or take some poison and play footsies. Also the FANG not having an easy time against Gief, I meant to say that for when Gief has him in the corner. If he can do that, its kinda hard on FANG to recover from that.

mbpm1

Gief wouldn't go below them... Since they have not hitstun, he just goes through them. Jumping isn't the smartest option for Gief in this matchup since that's what FANG players would want you to do. Also, the two far hitting moves may stop Gief, but when he does throw fireballs, you can bait them out depending on the distance you are away from him and punish his recovery animation. I haven't tested it out so its all theory but Gief can probably do this or take some poison and play footsies. Also the FANG not having an easy time against Gief, I meant to say that for when Gief has him in the corner. If he can do that, its kinda hard on FANG to recover from that.

No, the horizontal double fireballs are not the other horizontal fireball that have no hitstun. Do you know Fang lol

Gief just has to hold that if they're out.

I'm theoryfighting that jumping or stuffing the startup is the only way.

FinKL

If you activate v trigger and do EX Bullhorn it has full armor.

You guys forgot preemptive/reactionary regular dive too. Although, I've had 0 success with it vs the slow Sonic boom from Nash, vs Ryu/Chun has been a lot more successful.

The hold button, release move is projectile invincible as well, but you have to be pretty close to hit with it.

Warxard

Banned
Office is throwing a SFV tournament with a prize ($200 + lunch for the winner for a week.) at launch...

There's only like two dudes here that are good. Gonna enter.

Birdie has a ton of ways to do it. f+hp for a short shoulder tackle with one armor. df+hp for a low slide, preemptive chain works and ex chain destroys fireballs. EX Dive should work too. Bull Horn, which is hold any button and then let go might as well though I haven't tried it.

There are lots of anti-fireball moves but I didn't consider these as birdie going through the fireball like buddy's captain america example and how necalli can. I thought I missed something haha, everyone has anti-fireball options!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
No, the horizontal double fireballs are not the other horizontal fireball that have no hitstun. Do you know Fang lol

Gief just has to hold that if they're out.

I'm theoryfighting that jumping or stuffing the startup is the only way.

apparently not lol, ill research some more once i have the game in my hands next week.

Henry Cen streaming NLBC tonight. Last SF4 battle circuit
http://www.twitch.tv/goldencen

is spooky gone?

BearPawB

Banned
Bought a Hori Rap 4. Never used a fight stick before, but pad was really hurting my thumbs, and this already feels super comfortable.

I don't know if i will play any better on it, but it will feel a lot better

Tripon

Sakurai must be stopped.

Ca2vKZNUEAA2Owp.jpg

https://twitter.com/EveryYay/status/697406111473889285

hitsugi

No more waiting. Think we're going to see a good amount of people playing it this weekend. Why they picked Tuesday for the official release is beyond me... unless they're that obsessed with one line from the movie.

K.Sabot

Tuesday is just the general shipping game release day, though Friday seems to be the new ish for some releases, the stores still get them at the same time as tuesday releases, just hold onto them for longer... I know for a fact the walmart I buy my games at gets their games in the monday night of the release and just holds Nintendo releases until friday.

No more waiting. Think we're going to see a good amount of people playing it this weekend. Why they picked Tuesday for the official release is beyond me... unless they're that obsessed with one line from the movie.

Tuesdays have been the release day for most movies/games for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom