• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure they were doing it right?

You had to back dash after doing it to make it work full screen in the last beta.

I'm looking to see if the dude will try it again but I've seen him whiff the charged HK twice so far. I'm think I saw him go for the backdash but I'm not 100% sure.

BadWolf

I'm looking to see if the dude will try it again but I've seen him whiff the charged HK twice so far. I'm think I saw him go for the backdash but I'm not 100% sure.

If they are bouncing off the wall then it still works.

He's missing the charged HK because he is mistiming it most probably.

It's probably been answered I'm not smart but is there a trial mode? That's the thing that helps me get a decent quick grasp of moves and shit when I first try characters and stuff

MechaX

I know I'm late on this, but watching vids of Rog's Karin is... actually somewhat mesmerizing.

I also learned that Triforce thinks he's Griffith unironically. Thanks FGWeekly.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Watching the WSO stream and it looks like they took out Mika's midscreen irish whip wall bounce. Oh well.

What's the stream?

Sarcasm friend

I'll just find the character with the closest thing to a Charging Star and bop people

You better be careful not to mess around with me like that
kWOZOAn.png

The closest thing to a charging star character in the game would be R. Mika, Necalli, Rashid or Birdie. Necalli and Birdie can go through projectiles.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Birdie can go through projectiles? Show me! Armor move?

Mike was doing it with Birdie yesterday against Combo when he was using Ryu. Not sure which button it is. I think its his charge move by holding down a normal punch, then it comes out. That's what it looked like to me honestly.

EX dive grab beats them, not certain if it's actually going through with invulnerability or over them with the hurtbox not being there though

I believe it has no invulnerability on start up, Mike got hit out of it by Combo when Mike mistimed his ex dive grab, getting hit just when he was jumping off of the ground. It might actually just provide him with enough height in the air to just avoid the fireball. Would have to experiment with Dhalsim's air fireballs to see if he truly has invincibility in the air.

Cindi making me hungry...

Much obliged, I will consume all the SFV I can. Is this an invitational with top Japanese players?

SFV is after the SF4 and SF2 tournament. The SFV play in terms of top players will feature Momochi, Mago, Tokido, Kazunoko, Mago, Bonchan, Haitani, and Itazan in a 4v4.

Shouta

Birdie can go through projectiles? Show me! Armor move?

Birdie has a ton of ways to do it. f+hp for a short shoulder tackle with one armor. df+hp for a low slide, preemptive chain works and ex chain destroys fireballs. EX Dive should work too. Bull Horn, which is hold any button and then let go might as well though I haven't tried it.

vocab

Does anyone want to play ST or JoJo's tonight on fightcade? Just let me know a time that is good for you and I'll get on.

mbpm1

Mike is an idiot, lets get that clear. He can play alright when he's not letting his emotions get the best of him but Zangief has options to deal with this, since Mike wasn't doing them and Combo realized this, he just spammed what worked on Mike. In tournament setting, F.A.N.G. is not going to have an easy time against Gief.

What options are those?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Where did you get that Fighting Edge Cindi? I'm looking for a sexy fight stick myself.

What options are those?

Well it depends really whats happening on the screen. If no horizontal fireball is present, he should go for Gief's running grab, its pretty fast and can catch F.A.N.G. during his animation. If there is a fireball, he can go for the EX version of it which I think has +1 armor so he can eat the fireball. After that, lead F.A.N.G. into the corner and he's dead since he wakeup options are like zilch from what I've seen.

mbpm1

Where did you get that Fighting Edge Cindi? I'm looking for a sexy fight stick myself.

Well it depends really whats happening on the screen. If no horizontal fireball is present, he should go for Gief's running grab, its pretty fast and can catch F.A.N.G. during his animation. If there is a fireball, he can go for the EX version of it which I think has +1 armor so he can eat the fireball. After that, lead F.A.N.G. into the corner and he's dead since he wakeup options are like zilch from what I've seen.

Fang is throwing two fireballs in that video. EX gonna get popped by those. Headbutt is gonna get popped. St fierce will get popped. Parry or Lariat will work but I don't know how their recoveries match up so it may not help Gief much.. Also the horizontal fireball doesn't even have hitstun and isn't a factor in how FANG is keeping Gief out. Unless you mean the ground cloud, in which case ex could work, but that's why Fang can wait and hit him with a normal to stop that shit.

And FANG has his Yang-esque teleport, which I believe has some invincibility although probably grabbable but will still counter most reads on crush counter and give him an out of the corner.

Overall it looks like Gief has to pray for meter and try normals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom