• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

SHIT! My internet keeps getting worse tonight. Forgot I had my PS3 on downloading Xrd from the sale. Its borked. Needs to redownload. Wife tried to get Cloud for Smash. It borked. Needs to redownload.

I am right powerfully fucked tonight on game downloads.

everytime a new smash character is released i buy it, try it, tell myself i'll play more, and then do something else

but not this time

this time . . . i'm not going to tell myself i'll play more

i'll save that for when bayonetta is released

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
vsQt8de.jpg

Cloud doesn't hit as hard as I imagined. Not a bad thing, but more practice is needed. Landing KOs might be harder than initially though.
Hey Beef have you see Gootecks and Mikes holiday adventures pt 1?

Gootecks explaining
This years Mania to Ross

I saw part 2, but not 1. Might have to check that out lol

Dahbomb

I was at my local lan center today playing some MVC2 on the arcade cabinet for fun.

A mom walked in with her 7 year old son. She looked around, saw me and then told her son "let's go honey, I didn't know there will be terrorists here".

As someone who has worked in ERs across different countries and helped save the lives of people who suffered from real terrorist attacks.. I was legit offended by that comment.

Sad part is that the place I am at is one of the very arcade/gaming centers in an area (people from a long ways come here) and her mother denied her child some quality entertainment that is very hard to come by these days... all because of her own prejudices.

I guess I should be happy she didn't pull a gun on me or something. That's actually happened before but not due to the color of my skin.

I was at my local lan center today playing some MVC2 on the arcade cabinet for fun.

A mom walked in with her 7 year old son. She looked around, saw me and then told her son "let's go honey, I didn't know there will be terrorists here".

As someone who has worked in ERs across different countries and helped save the lives of people who suffered from real terrorist attacks.. I was legit offended by that comment.

Sad part is that the place I am at is one of the very arcade/gaming centers in an area (people from a long ways come here) and her mother denied her child some quality entertainment that is very hard to come by these days... all because of her own prejudices.

I guess I should be happy she didn't pull a gun on me or something. That's actually happened before but not due to the color of my skin.

WHAT THE FUCK

Nudull

Banned
Wow, those Smash announcements were underwhelming. It's nice to have two more female characters at least, but I could've thought of better choices.

El Sloth

Banned

This is some shit, man.

Why pass on your shitty prejudices to an innocent child like that too smh

petghost

Banned
sorry to hear about that dahbomb.

there is something more personal about sf matches for me compared to the games i usually play. like if someone does some dumb or disrespectful shit i can get genuinely upset.

Maybe she was talking about the MVC2 machine

but yeah, it sucks for children who have to grow up in that kind of home, even outside of not being able to go to an arcade.

That's ridiculous.

Dahbomb

That's ridiculous.
I talked to another friend about this and he was like "man that's nothing, I was taking a leak in the bathroom of an AMC and some dudes walked in then walked out saying basically the same thing".

I kinda laughed at that no lie.

The racism has gotten a bit high lately, it almost seems higher than it was post 9/11 and I was in high school back then (so I was around a lot of dumb kids so it was to be expected).

Line_HTX

You should've given that mother your Vergil stare for that asinine statement she said. That's just messed up that she said that out loud.

Mizerman

Jeebus.

What an asshole. Especially thinking that's okay to expose a child to that way of thinking.

It would be a miracle if Capcom makes Capcom vs Capcom.

I wish they would still make it.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Wish I had curly hair. My hair is so straight and thick its uncombable without some sort of hair product which I hate.

Dude, my hair is like afro curly man, its so rough if I comb it without some gel or water, it gets pulled out. I'm just letting it grow without doing much to it and see where it takes me.

Jesus why

The power of nothingness. I will win with my own strength.

I talked to another friend about this and he was like "man that's nothing, I was taking a leak in the bathroom of an AMC and some dudes walked in then walked out saying basically the same thing".

I kinda laughed at that no lie.

The racism has gotten a bit high lately, it almost seems higher than it was post 9/11 and I was in high school back then (so I was around a lot of dumb kids so it was to be expected).

I was taking the train back home from work and school and this skinny old black man with a rough accent was trying to get in the train cart I was on. There was a guy in front of him who was waiting for the doors to open and walked in normally, just like everyone else, it was only the two of them walking in through that door though. The old black man was carrying luggage and just shoved the guy to the side saying he was taking too long to get in (he really wasn't), he just let the guy pass through and ignored him. However, after like a couple seconds, the man who shoved the guy just vehemently said "fucking terrorist" in the train cart. I was ready to kick the motherfucker out of the train cart and not stand for something as prejudice as that shit, you can ask people who have seen me in person, I'm a pretty bulky dude for my height so I can throw someone like him outside the train cart. I didn't know anything since I didn't know what he had on him, this is NY. No one responded to the guys comment, a couple of people's eyes opened up widely, just stunned at the fact that that man would say something like that. Granted, I wasn't surprised he was racist cause many foreigners, from say the Caribbean, have this weird hierarchy when it comes to color of skin. That's another talk for another day and Dominicans know this damn well, its embedded in the damn culture from birth.

Sorry for the shit you have to deal with man, I don't understand why people just go straight to hate of something they're afraid of just cause of what the news tells them and uses it as a blanket to cover an ENTIRE culture. Bet that lady won't even amount to half of the shit you've done for the world compared to her whole life so you can stand with your head held up high.

Edit:

Slowly falling asleep, excuse poor grammar

Dahbomb

I only brought it up because this was the first blatant case of racism I have experienced in over a decade so I was a bit taken a back by it. I know there is more casual/indirect forms of racism all over but at least people try to hide it.. this example was just more like "man... some people really don't give a shit do they?"

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I only brought it up because this was the first blatant case of racism I have experienced in over a decade so I was a bit taken a back by it. I know there is more casual/indirect forms of racism all over but at least people try to hide it.. this example was just more like "man... some people really don't give a shit do they?"

That's what my thought was. Btw, why are you still a junior? Its been more than 3 months for sure... Or is it a permanent thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom