• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birdie can go through projectiles? Show me! Armor move?
Birdie's leap grabs go over fireballs (but he still gets hit by them if you mistime it), his forward fierce punch has one hit of armor on start-up and his EX Bull Horn also has armor. Once he pops V-Trigger though, all of his Bull Horns and Bull Heads gain armor on start-up. Down-forward fierce punch dolphin dive goes under them, EX chain destroys fireballs outright and the normal ones ignore them if the chain connects to the enemy character.

Went to a local Round one tonight. They updated some of the selection of games. Ultra edition is there but it's on a cabinet with Blaz Blue. There was also SF 2 15th anny edition and OG Cap vs Snk. Did watch some Blaz Blue matches. Looked entertaining, some guy was beasting with Hiabata(Sorry if I got name wrong). But no T7

Remember back in the day when they'd list Tuesday as release but it was really the ship date and you had to wait till Wednesday to pick the game up?

Today's youth will never know...*crawls into fetal position*

Shun

Went to a local Round one tonight. They updated some of the selection of games. Ultra edition is there but it's on a cabinet with Blaz Blue. There was also SF 2 15th anny edition and OG Cap vs Snk. Did watch some Blaz Blue matches. Looked entertaining, some guy was beasting with Hiabata(Sorry if I got name wrong). But no T7

Yeah Ultra and BlazBlue are on Nesica cabinets. Persona 4 U2, KOF XIII, Nitro+, Caladrius Blaze, etc. are some of the games available on those Cabinets.

If they get their hands on a SEGA Multi cabinet you will have Guilty Gear and other games too.

Bandai Namco games like Tekken and Gundam are usually on their own proprietary cabinets or Namco boards.

I think you mean Hazama?

Yeah Ultra and BlazBlue are on Nesica cabinets. Persona 4 U2, KOF XIII, Nitro+, Caladrius Blaze, etc. are some of the games available on those Cabinets.

If they get their hands on a SEGA Multi cabinet you will have Guilty Gear and other games too.

Bandai Namco games like Tekken and Gundam are usually on their own proprietary cabinets or Namco boards.

I think you mean Hazama?
It was Hibiki. I looked up a video. I wish they can find a cabinet with a Guilty Gear. I'd get back into it. Last time I played a GG when it was around the time MvC2 was out. Sorry GG fans

Marz

http://youtu.be/IXP0kc9Sry8

Is this a good guide on how to use a stick?

I use Daigo grip though.

Marz' official guide to using a fight stick:

1. Put left hand on joystick

2. Put right hand on buttons

3. Turn game on

Thats it, there is no right or wrong way to grip it or whatever, some scrubs try to emulate everything Daigo does but it doesnt matter do whatever feels natural. After a couple weeks of akwardness you'll get acclimated and never go back to being a pad noob.

Marz' official guide to using a fight stick:

1. Put left hand on joystick

2. Put right hand on buttons

3. Turn game on

Thats it, there is no right or wrong way to grip it or whatever, some scrubs try to emulate everything Daigo does but it doesnt matter do whatever feels natural. After a couple weeks of akwardness you'll get acclimated and never go back to being a pad noob.
I think it's worthwhile to discuss different grips, since you might not think of every way to hold the stick, yet a way you have not thought of might be optimal for you.

I like Daigo's grip because it's comfortable to me. Ive tried the grip where I have it I between my middle and ring finger and it just work for me. I find Daigo's comfortable and relaxed and the most trouble I have is getting used to putting in inputs and not jamming on the stick.

Hey everyone, what is good fighting stick to start with for Street Fighter V?

I was thinking about picking up the TES+2 Chun Li edition or a Qanba PS3 stick (which is now compatible with PS4 now?)

So yeah, this is my first post here in the fighting game headquarters. :p

I think it's worthwhile to discuss different grips, since you might not think of every way to hold the stick, yet a way you have not thought of might be optimal for you.

Yup. Had a ton of difficulty with fireballs and DPs for weeks until I tried switching up how I held the stick. It makes a big difference.

I was thinking about picking up the TES+2 Chun Li edition or a Qanba PS3 stick (which is now compatible with PS4 now?)

If you got the money to throw around, TES2+ is definitely the way to go. Have you played on a stick before?

jerry1594

Qanba is a great value. Hori sticks are also good, either ps3 or ps4. Some people have problems with the parts but they aren't bad. It boils down to preference unless they are really cheap in which case they are most likely crap. Try out sanwa, seimitsu and hori parts if you can before you buy. TE2 is nice but 230$ is outrageous to me for a plastic case with minimal components in/on it. But if money is not a concern and you have to have it then go for it.

pixelish

i have a qanba q4 and it's awesome so go for that. you really can't go wrong with q4 since it's tri-modded stick that's compatible with 360, ps3/4 and pc.

Yup. Had a ton of difficulty with fireballs and DPs for weeks until I tried switching up how I held the stick. It makes a big difference.
YaY!

TES2 is the best, but I am also happy with my Hori.

i like my qanba. Also Iput on a bat top and am trying different grips.

I don't know why I keep playing Overwatch.
It's funny how Blizzard adds RPG mechanics to every genre they wade into.

Bird's eye action game? Add talent trees and stats.
RTS game? Add talent trees and stats.
Card game? Add character classes.
FPS? Add character classes.

I don't know why other companies haven't caught on to how much people like customizing their characters more in games.

before buying anything I would wait on the details of how SFV uses the skullgirls drive. If in order to use a ps3 stick you need to pair a dualshock 4 or if it's just plug and play.

YaY!

TES2 is the best, but I am also happy with my Hori.

It's funny how Blizzard adds RPG mechanics to every genre they wade into.

Bird's eye action game? Add talent trees and stats.
RTS game? Add talent trees and stats.
Card game? Add character classes.
FPS? Add character classes.

I don't know why other companies haven't caught on to how much people like customizing their characters more in games.

Eh, Diablo has always been as much rpg as it is action game. It isn't thrown on top. It is a full fledged rpg with builds and picking skills and dungeon crawling. Rogue likes are what inspired Diablo's creation. They even have fairly similar feelings as Diablo: not knowing what you're going to get, random drops;etc

And an fps game with classes isn't new given Team Fortress and Counter Strike. I'm not sure if Blizzard has taken that further extreme and added stats but Team Fortress has been doing the classes thing for a while.

Now Warcraft III, yeah, that's a really inventive take on the RTS genre. But the others are pretty standard no?

Eh, Diablo has always been as much rpg as it is action game. It isn't thrown on top. It is a full fledged rpg with builds and picking skills and dungeon crawling. Rogue likes are what inspired Diablo's creation. They even have fairly similar feelings as Diablo: not knowing what you're going to get, random drops;etc

And an fps game with classes isn't new given Team Fortress and Counter Strike. I'm not sure if Blizzard has taken that further extreme and added stats but Team Fortress has been doing the classes thing for a while.

Now Warcraft III, yeah, that's a really inventive take on the RTS genre. But the others are pretty standard no?
Overwatch adds class skills and such. That goes beyond CS, but I'm not sure about Team Fortress. My point was more that this is Blizzard's hallmark way of doing things.

Also, Diablo I didn't have skill trees or builds. Pretty standard dungeon crawler from the gameplay front. Its incredible atmosphere is what set it apart.

Overwatch adds class skills and such. That goes beyond CS, but I'm not sure about Team Fortress. My point was more that this is Blizzard's hallmark way of doing things.

Also, Diablo I didn't have skill trees or builds. Pretty standard dungeon crawler from the gameplay front. Its incredible atmosphere is what set it apart.
Natural Selection 1 did this in 2001 and is 1000 times better. Game is amazing play it folks, oh wait it's dead nvm.. Rip..

Shouta

Gonna give the new mcz pad a go. It'll be nice to have a wired option if DS4s are banned or there's too much interference.

SFV next week is wild though. Time for me to get back into the tourney circuit.

Doesn't 2 have skill trees and builds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom