• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocab

Natural Selection 1 did this in 2001 and is 1000 times better. Game is amazing play it folks, oh wait it's dead nvm.. Rip..

Objective based fps games are an extreme niche (actual objectives with multiple phases), but damn they are really good when it works. Games like rtcw/ET, dystopia, and NS are some of my favorites, but the player base was never there or died off fast. NS2 was really fun, but it just didn't keep people playing.

jerry1594

Objective based fps games are an extreme niche (actual objectives with multiple phases), but damn they are really good when it works. Games like rtcw/ET, dystopia, and NS are some of my favorites, but the player base was never there or died off fast. NS2 was really fun, but it just didn't keep people playing.
What you talking about. NS2 still has an active community. It's small but it's dedicated. If the engine didn't take so much to run more people would play.

vocab

What you talking about. NS2 still has an active community. It's small but it's dedicated. If the engine didn't take so much to run more people would play.
Never said it died, but it didnt take off as id wish. Devs are back on it so who knows whats going to happen.

How much input lag/bugs does a Brook add to sticks and is it true a ps3 stick with a Brook would be banned? Aren't sticks supposed to be ps4 only or you're dq'd? I ask because I'm going to the Pro Tour and hopefully EVO.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Which of ya'll are planning to head to Final Round?

HORI Fighting Edge only has PS3 support and Xrd for ps4 doesn't support PS3 sticks. :( Oh well.

Mod the stick, should cost you around 80 bucks with the right person.

5 days left! I'm starting to feelv all tingly inside

Oh man, I used to play the shit out of Natural Selection 1. Never tried the sequel though...

Yooo, this sounds good. What's Natural Selection 1 about?

How much input lag/bugs does a Brook add to sticks and is it true a ps3 stick with a Brook would be banned? Aren't sticks supposed to be ps4 only or you're dq'd? I ask because I'm going to the Pro Tour and hopefully EVO.

Brooks is weird, my PS1 pad had some lag on PS4 after a couple updates ;_;

Vouching for Natural Selection 2. I missed out on the release of the original, but the sequel is up there with Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Battlefield 2, Shadowrun and (albeit different) Chromehounds for me in the list of team-oriented classics.

Overwatch just continues the trend of Blizzard not having released anything semi-inspired or well, interesting since Warcraft III for me.

Grakl

Playboy - The Struggles and Victories of the First Transgender Fighting Game Champion

Ortiz’s journey was just beginning. She made a lot of hard decisions, including making a full transition from male to female. She’s in the second year of the transition, which can take up to five years, and the process is made even more difficult with the number of exclusions in medical coverage for transgender people. And besides the physical aspect, it’s important to Ortiz to become more knowledgeable and grow as a member of the Trans community.

Beckx

Ca7Uf54UEAArCgn.jpg

via Ono's retweets

Vouching for Natural Selection 2. I missed out on the release of the original, but the sequel is up there with Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Battlefield 2, Shadowrun and (albeit different) Chromehounds for me in the list of team-oriented classics.

Overwatch just continues the trend of Blizzard not having released anything semi-inspired or well, interesting since Warcraft III for me.

+rep

Wallach

Short of spectating that looks pretty good as far as lobbies go. I am not all that happy with the lack of spectating though so I hope they get that shit into the game quick-like.

Beckx

LabZero is so much better than, well, everyone at controller integration on PC. Shit just works. Why can't people get their shit together?

(I'm grumpy after wrangling with stupid issues like Xrd not wanting to let 2P use 2P stick, Lethal League/Nidhogg not recognizing shit/using analog for movement, etc.)

Essay

Which of ya'll are planning to head to Final Round?

I'll be materializing at the venue hotel late Thursday. Xrd, VSav, secret Canadian spy missi—erm, roadtrip to the Atlantic coast afterwards... should be a fun trip.

Haven't sorted out my room splitting situ either, so if any of you are still looking for an in there, I'm holding a room.

dunno if straight adapters are banned, but these are not
http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/f...4-fighting-board-with-paradise-breakout-.html
and this is your best bet. Its more effort than a plugin adapter, but overall its super easy

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1182768

A thread on the first page that is actually related to fighting games and doesn't have Street Fighter in the title.

What I said in the thread.

I guess I'm weird. All my life I mostly played single player games. Now I'm 30 and constantly trying to improve in fighting games and planning trips to EVO and other tourneys and shit and think most single player games are boring dog shit now. I only play fighting games now. I find competitive multiplayer has the most depth and the most challenge and the most benefit from playing. You learn aboit yourself playing these games.

I guess I'm a weirdo for getting into them seriously later in life.

gutabo

Sorry for the late reply guys but after the CPT announcement things have been crazy for us.

you gonna sponsor me?

edit: nm toryuken same time.
We're trying to get lots of interesting things for our visitors, so I don't think we'll be sponsoring anyone in particular this year. If the sponsors let us, we will, but as things are now we would rather finish many details to have a kick ass event. :D

If you do come, then we can start talking about housing you tho :D

Its super expensive for me ;_;, more than evo ;_;
Damn, is it so? Well we'll always have evo ;)

Dahbomb

Yeah I stopped trying to be super competitive when I got older. When I was in my late teens and early 20s I tried to be as competitive as possible while still having a balanced lifestyle. Though I was least interested in competitive gaming before that time.

Nowadays I want to have fun and not take games too seriously. But when I do play games I try to be as effecient at them as possible. So if I do play a single player game I do still try to min/max, go for maximum possible trophies in a reasonable amount of time.

I care about winning but I also care about getting better. I dunno. I don't put much time into it. Some nights I play fighting games all night. Some nights I draw/watch tv all night. Last night was one of those nights.

Dahbomb

I care about winning but I also care about getting better. I dunno.
You can't get better without caring about winning otherwise you won't actually get better.

When people say they don't care about winning it means that they don't have a salty rage fit when they lose anymore. They are more accepting of losses even though they would still vastly prefer to win.

Quesa

Probably a dumb question, but did Capcom confirm they're using the LZ driver on PC as well? I've had to use xpadder to get my hitbox working in the beta and it'd be nice to not have to do that.

Probably a dumb question, but did Capcom confirm they're using the LZ driver on PC as well? I've had to use xpadder to get my hitbox working in the beta and it'd be nice to not have to do that.

MarkMan confirmed that DirectInput compatibility is being added to a future patch of the PC version.

Wait, did Labzero release a pc version of their driver? what? It's just directinput.

notworksafe

It's funny how Blizzard adds RPG mechanics to every genre they wade into.

Bird's eye action game? Add talent trees and stats.
RTS game? Add talent trees and stats.
Card game? Add character classes.
FPS? Add character classes.

I don't know why other companies haven't caught on to how much people like customizing their characters more in games.

If anything Blizz is ripping directly from DOTA2 for Overwatch, even down to the progression system. But then DOTA2 is ripped from Blizzard stuff so really Blizzard is indirectly ripping themselves off. Confusing.

Ravidrath confirmed they were:
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=194761883#post194761883

But publishers keep screwing up the implementation of the driver, so we'll see how well it works when the game is released.

Edit: nvm didn't read

notworksafe

ixbbnq.png

A glimpse of the lobbies.

Any word on crossplay lobbies? I'd like to assume they are in but with how this game is doing on features...I don't want to assume the basics are taken care of already.
There is no LZ driver for PC. Directinput is pretty much standard practice but Capcom is far too moronic/incompetent to implement it.

ElTopo

Banned

Word is that Direct Input will be patched in at an unspecified later date.

I'm 27 and I've never been more willing to compete. I hit a plateau a couple of years ago and gave up for a year. Got back in after that and I've shot past my original skill ceiling to a new one which I'm now trying to break through. I love competing, I hope I always love it.

Dahbomb

YaY!

TES2 is the best, but I am also happy with my Hori.

It's funny how Blizzard adds RPG mechanics to every genre they wade into.

Bird's eye action game? Add talent trees and stats.
RTS game? Add talent trees and stats.
Card game? Add character classes.
FPS? Add character classes.

I don't know why other companies haven't caught on to how much people like customizing their characters more in games.
Starcraft doesn't have talent trees or customizable stats. Maybe it should so more people would play/watch it... a Ayy

You can't get better without caring about winning otherwise you won't actually get better.

When people say they don't care about winning it means that they don't have a salty rage fit when they lose anymore. They are more accepting of losses even though they would still vastly prefer to win.
Personally, I care more about losing because there's more room for examining where you went wrong and subsequently improving in a number of ways.

Any word on crossplay lobbies? I'd like to assume they are in but with how this game is doing on features...I don't want to assume the basics are taken care of already.
Haven't heard anything concrete, but I'd assume so with how the Hardware Preference setting from the last beta is also available when creating a Battle Lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom