• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

LabZero is so much better than, well, everyone at controller integration on PC. Shit just works. Why can't people get their shit together?

(I'm grumpy after wrangling with stupid issues like Xrd not wanting to let 2P use 2P stick, Lethal League/Nidhogg not recognizing shit/using analog for movement, etc.)
To be fair, getting it right with DirectInput is non-trivial as there are 746383936 different little things that can go wrong.

It is ultimately an issue of resources, priorities and awareness. All of this discussion about best practices regarding games on PC? Pretty much none of it exists in Japanese.

jbug617

Banned
I wonder if the DLC will launch on a tight schedule because I would hate for it to launch one month at the beginning of the month and the next month they launch at the end of the month

notworksafe

People already forgetting the day one USF4 PS4 port. Even with the lack of content, at least this shit will work lol.

We don't know that it will work.

Also let's not forget vanilla SF4, vanilla MVC3, and vanilla SFXT. It's almost like Capcom should be learning from their mistakes, not repeating them or managing to fuck up even more. Goddamn I am glad I was able to get all my preorder money back.

Ehh, I don't think it's a matter of control or using any move at any time, having proper footsies means you do control when to use each normal.

I simply do not like them lol.

It's not that I don't know when and how to use them, I just don't like my moves changing depending on distance. I like an internal consistency to my moves. I just prefer command normals.

Yeah, but they should've already learned from that disastrous start. This is seriously barebones shit.

Full lobby rooms or RIOT!

I'm not saying it's not bad or they shouldn't have learned, just that the game itself will actually work. Though I'm not expecting the online MP to work day one anyway because rarely do large MP games launch smooth.

We don't know that it will work.

Also let's not forget vanilla SF4, vanilla MVC3, and vanilla SFXT. It's almost like Capcom should be learning from their mistakes, not repeating them or managing to fuck up even more. Goddamn I am glad I was able to get all my preorder money back.

By work, I mean that there won't be a frame input delay that was worse than the PS3 version of SF4, which from what we've already seen from the beta won't happen.

Beckx

To be fair, getting it right with DirectInput is non-trivial as there are 746383936 different little things that can go wrong.

It is ultimately an issue of resources, priorities and awareness. All of this discussion about best practices regarding games on PC? Pretty much none of it exists in Japanese.

I was using xinput though, even Valve can't get directinput right!

notworksafe

and yet directinput worked fine in all the pc versions of SF4 and SFXT

Warxard

Banned
DirectInput in 2016?
fantasia2.png

I'm interested to see what he can do. A chainsaw wielding character is a nice character concept.

That said, I still don't like that it's Leatherface. Oh well, I'll deal.

He's really cool IMO. My favorite of the KP2 characters. He's got a few things that will be more interesting than you'd think from a chainsaw maniac.

Line_HTX

I wonder if the DLC will launch on a tight schedule because I would hate for it to launch one month at the beginning of the month and the next month they launch at the end of the month

The graphic made it look like it'll follow a schedule of whenever of each month. I doubt it'd be a good idea for one DLC to be the start of one month and the next DLC be the end of the following month.

He's really cool IMO. My favorite of the KP2 characters. He's got a few things that will be more interesting than you'd think from a chainsaw maniac.

Wow, interesting. Leatherface is your favorite of the four new characters? My eyes are on Bo' Rai Cho and Alien, personally. Bo'Rai Cho because I want to see how a drunken master character is handled in this new age of MK, and Alien just because he's Baraka.

That said, Leatherface is the potential sleeper hit of the pack? Very interesting indeed.

Beckx

Those were MT Framework games whereas SFV is UE4. UE4 doesn't have Dinput support out of the box so you need to add it, Capcom have not added it.

PS4 version is UE4 with direct input support. So they took care of that, but failed to do it for the version they were simultaneously releasing on PC.

PS4 version is UE4 with direct input support. So they took care of that, but failed to do it for the version they were simultaneously releasing on PC.

Isn't there a difference with PS4 controller support and PC PS4 controller support though? I honestly don't know since I've never looked into it. I'm pretty confident that UE4 on PS4 would have DS4 support out of the box.

CO_Andy

Where are you guys hearing that there's no DirectInput support day 1 on PC?

Isn't there a difference with PS4 controller support and PC PS4 controller support though? I honestly don't know since I've never looked into it. I'm pretty confident that UE4 on PS4 would have DS4 support out of the box.
DS4 on PC is just DirectInput.

Beckx

One would think.

Of course, one would think SFV PC would too, but that requires assuming they're as good as a small indie team.

Look I really am excited for a new SF and think the core game will be great, but oversights on ports like this are not acceptable and the game is not launching in the best shape. Maybe we can light the Durante symbol and he can fix it.

Where are you guys hearing that there's no DirectInput support day 1 on PC?

DS4 on PC is just DirectInput.

MadCatz said PC directinput will be post launch patch & implied their updated firmware for the new PS4 sticks will arrive sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom