• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocab

Directinput not working day 1 is just evidence that Unreal 4 doesn't natively support DirectInput as of now (which is crazy for it being in UE3), and it's only now that people give a shit. I find it weird that Rising Thunder didn't get it implemented first, but maybe it was out of their hands until the next update to the SDK.

JeTmAn81

That Laura art is Rob Liefeld Captain America tier bad

latest

Beats

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1182768

A thread on the first page that is actually related to fighting games and doesn't have Street Fighter in the title.

I suppose that makes sense for a lot of people.

Personally, I still enjoy some single player games but as I've gotten older I've found competitive gaming more appealing and it's what I sink my gaming time into the most now even if I'm not that great at them (1v1 fighting games specifically). I think it's just that my preferences are different now and not really because I've gotten older though. Multiplayer games against human opponents can offer more challenge partially because of their ability to adapt and change that AI doesn't seem to ever really have which makes them more interesting for me. And then there's also the mastery/high skill ceiling part of them.

I dunno sometimes it feels like I can just autopilot in a lot of single player games. Even in something like Bloodborne it felt like I was just doing the same thing to every single enemy besides the bosses so I was just sort of bored by the end of it.

Line_HTX

Whoever drew that ruined the whole piece because the waist does not even justify the huge PLOT she has, LOL

Otherwise, the art looks good and the face is drawn pretty well.

I suppose that makes sense for a lot of people.

Personally, I still enjoy some single player games but as I've gotten older I've found competitive gaming more appealing and it's what I sink my gaming time into the most now even if I'm not that great at them (1v1 fighting games specifically). I think it's just that my preferences are different now and not really because I've gotten older though. Multiplayer games against human opponents can offer more challenge partially because of their ability to adapt and change that AI doesn't seem to ever really have which makes them more interesting for me. And then there's also the mastery/high skill ceiling part of them.

I dunno sometimes it feels like I can just autopilot in a lot of single player games. Even in something like Bloodborne it felt like I was just doing the same thing to every single enemy besides the bosses so I was just sort of bored by the end of it.

So are a lot of us in this thread outliers or....

I mean, fighting games ARE niche.

shaowebb

If this is Juri's default costume then it's not that bad.
Ca8gBOeXIAEViwR.jpg:large

Oooh..so this means they're going with the Skullgirls/BB sorta story thing where they have a scene, some pinup art of the characters at that scene, and dialogue running at the bottom beneath them like an RPG?

I'm cool with this. Making a bunch of movies takes more boarding and rendering than you'd think. You can get more story in a game this way.

I didn't really get into fighting game till AFTER I had a kid. Since I was stuck at home, I ended up gravitating to fighters since I stopped playing sports on the weekends.

I used to play CS for ungodly hours during college. Now I can barely keep it together in Overwatch(Not used to bullet travel speed) but do okay in BF4 (I love the helicopters).

edit: I thought they were going to let us spectate in lobbies? Didn't they learn anything from MvC3?!

This is me 100%.

My kid is now 3 and having to do more and more. I'm already having to cut my flag football league. I just have softball team on Wed evenings, and that is probably going to have to go soon.

After picking up the kid a few days a week, working all day, cooking/cleaning (depending which one the wife tells me to do lol), bathing the kid, reading stories, etc.. last thing I want to do is go out. I'd much rather read or play a game.

I just got my first stick today. I enjoy competition and look forward to hopefully getting somewhat better than my button-mashing ways :)

Anth0ny

seems like a waste if the character you want to learn is one of the dlc characters

it's never a waste! you are learning fundamentals, spacing... and even if you aren't playing the character you are maining it NEVER hurts to learn the other characters inside and out, which is what I expect to know by unlocking every DLC character without paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom