• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Alex's new design is kinda weird. Hope the character model looks better than the art.

SrhYfhU.png

I'm almost getting a Scotsman vibe from him with that green and red flannel look there. Just replace the suspenders with a sash and you'd have the look nailed.

Remove MvC3 or you will make yourself a great and powerful enemy today NWS.
We playing Overwatch later, right?
This is me 100%.

My kid is now 3 and having to do more and more. I'm already having to cut my flag football league. I just have softball team on Wed evenings, and that is probably going to have to go soon.

After picking up the kid a few days a week, working all day, cooking/cleaning (depending which one the wife tells me to do lol), bathing the kid, reading stories, etc.. last thing I want to do is go out. I'd much rather read or play a game.

I just got my first stick today. I enjoy competition and look forward to hopefully getting somewhat better than my button-mashing ways :)

Literally my life-schedule. I find myself getting hot and cold with games and trying to find something the wife and I can agree or tolerate to watch together.
My friends did a Destiny for dads group, maybe we need a Street Fighter for dads group. Feel free to add me on PSN.

Ace of the Diamond, guy nicknamed Clockwork because he can pitch to any corner like...clockwork.

What are the characters like? How's the tone?

I'm looking for serious sports manga to read. Most of them are on the comedic side. Not that that's wrong, but I finally started reading Teppu after hearing great things about it, and I'm so disappointed it's so silly and lighthearted. I was really hoping for something more serious in tone like Real.

Yeah, a quick google search shows this isn't what I'm looking for.

Basically, Inoue needs to make more sports manga. The king.

Beckx

I'm looking for serious sports manga to read. Most of them are on the comedic side. Not that that's wrong, but I finally started reading Teppu after hearing great things about it, and I'm so disappointed it's so silly and lighthearted. I was really hoping for something more serious in tone like Real.

hey don't write it off that fast!!

If you like baseball Ace of the Diamond is truth. It has some lighthearted/comedic stuff (the main protagonist is not your typical sports manga lead because he's not the best player by far, and comes off like a loud idiot a lot). The baseball is serious business, all pretty realistic w/ Japanese high school baseball. Characters are really good.

CPeBM18XAAA1xgB.png

Kuroko's is the GOAT if you like basketball but it's not realistic. very character driven and not comedic. (again, with lighthearted bits)

just watch kuroko

hey don't write it off that fast!!

If you like baseball Ace of the Diamond is truth. It has some lighthearted/comedic stuff (the main protagonist is not your typical sports manga lead because he's not the best player by far). The baseball is serious business, all pretty realistic w/ Japanese high school baseball. Characters are really good.

I'll look into it.

I got into Teppu because of the opposite reason. The main character is good at everything, but has to actually work when it comes to MMA. I liked that. But the rest...ugh. And after reading Yawara, I need some serious sports manga. Just the mood I'm in.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
CIndi, shut up and watch Kuroko. Its really fucking good.

I'll be there.

Getting my new stick today with a Brook board in it. Will use it for a bit and see how it goes.

Great, time to plot my revenge.

I'm going. My dream is to at least go 1-2 in Xrd and SFV, but pipe dreams = w=

We can finally weeb it out and read doujins during the tournament :v

I'll be materializing at the venue hotel late Thursday. Xrd, VSav, secret Canadian spy missi—erm, roadtrip to the Atlantic coast afterwards... should be a fun trip.

Haven't sorted out my room splitting situ either, so if any of you are still looking for an in there, I'm holding a room.

Lemme know so I can holler!

Thanks for reminding me to catch up on One Piece manga today.

Its truly good. Damn, I don't know how Oda does it.

I think God's Beard's post is pretty relevant

Most likely what happened was that development saw that they weren't going to meet the deadline with the cinematic story mode, then asked Bengus to do a rush job for a made-do story mode, which is what we're getting at launch.

A sad reality, life ain't easy.

Vulva shed a tear somewhere.

If this is Juri's default costume then it's not that bad.

The eye patch is good, BUT PLEASE HER HAIR CAPCOM! HER HAIR! IT SUCKS!

Alex's new design is kinda weird. Hope the character model looks better than the art.

I like it, feels like its representing a culture.

Pro-Juri and Anime. This is all gross.

We're talking manga. Manga isn't anime. It trashes anime. Don't you dare!

Cindi became my new favorite person for mentioning Yawara. Give Touch a try Cindi, if you haven't already.

I've read Touch already. I'm actually...not big on Yawara.

No seriously, Kuroko's is the GOAT, easily one of my favorite things of all things created in the last decade.

I'll give it a shot.

I dunno sometimes it feels like I can just autopilot in a lot of single player games. Even in something like Bloodborne it felt like I was just doing the same thing to every single enemy besides the bosses so I was just sort of bored by the end of it.
True but you can autopilot in competitive games as well. In both cases it's just finding the appropriate challenge for your skill level.

Beckx

Uhhh so in case any of you get an early copy and want to do story mode or anything before the game launches, DON'T.

The servers were down for a few hours and once they came back up all my Fight Money and EXP were gone but the story mode progress was not. Meaning I can't even get the FM from story mode again.

So, uh, thanks for that Capcom.

welp

Beckx

What's screwed up is that they let you earn it when the servers are down but then take it away, instead of giving you a warning or not awarding it period.

Tripon

My avatar bet with Zissou starts on Tuesday. The bet is that SFV doesn't go F2P in a major region (NA/EU/JP) for one calendar year.

Beckx

Nah man, Kise is GOAT. You know why and I don't have to explain myself.

Kuroko's is the name of the show, man, everyone knows Aomine is the best

actually it's akashi (remember his reference to the "cheap copy" Kise, heh), so overpowered he's broken

Skilletor

So I hear you get 10k/story mode.

That would be 160k for just story mode. Do you think everybody has their own story, even DLC? because that would be 220k.

Challenges will probably offer a similar amount, but let's say it's a lot less...5k for trials. That's 110 for doing the trials. That's 330k, 3 characters just for doing some of the solo stuff. This isn't including extra battle, survival, daily challenges, or leveling up your characters (which you can do without even playing online).

Seems pretty reasonable, imo, if the numbers are even comparable anyway, and assuming every character has their own story mode.

ShinMaruku

I wonder if art valle and miguel ross are feeling about the rush to be e-sports?
Is it worth it. I mean Lupe and Daigo is one thing but...

mbpm1

art is max cpm so I'm sure he's okay.

Mike...who knows how much of him is still real lol

Valle is the one I thought who was pushing for this

Beckx

Of course that shit is going to be server side. Come on.

Right, the fucked up thing is where they let you complete one-time only things and award the FM, then take it away. It shouldn't operate that way, it should stop you from earning anything until you connect. (Apparently that's the intended functionality, so who knows.)

Guy who posted the thing said when he deleted his save, it reset his story progress so he can do that for FM now.

This shit being server side makes me want to buy a season pass.

I'll wait a bit and see what the discount vs. buying separate is like, and how the FM earn rate is after you complete that initial batch of character stories. It may be that buying Alex with FM and buying the others as they are released is the best way to go, unless the season pass cost is essentially a discount against the price of 5 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom