• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

I told everybody on gaf and elsewhere that we'd get Decapre, nobody believed me. When victory was mine I was like
giphy.gif

No crap. The point is they're the ones bringing it back. Just like the sweat pants or pants that look like they belong in an mc hammer video. That shit was in Japan 7-8 years ago, but people in the US started to wear it like 2 years ago maybe. Of course, these are all worn by people into street fashion no matter their location, but it happens more frequent in certain places. The pants Alex has look very Yohji like, at least at the waist.

America has been on 90's love for about 6-7 years fashion wise, tbh. It really depends on the demographic in America, because we have diverse demographics. Are mom jeans a thing in Japan now? In America, Black men have been wearing high top fades and flat tops for about 5-6 years now. Black Americans been on that 90's style almost this entire decade. The rest of America is just catching up.

Dahbomb

I don't know why you guys are obsessing over the E-sports thing. I don't think that has anything to do with SFV being rushed out.

The decision was to rush something out before the March fiscal report so it doesn't look like Capcom has been doing absolutely nothing for a year to investors.

I told everybody on gaf and elsewhere that we'd get Decapre, nobody believed me. When victory was mine I was like

Shin pls

There's also appearances by Viper, Oro, Sakura, and more. Your victory isn't guaranteed yet.

America has been on 90's love for about 6-7 years fashion wise, tbh. It really depends on the demographic in America, because we have diverse demographics. Are mom jeans a thing in Japan now? In America, Black men have been wearing high top fades and flat tops for about 5-6 years now. Black Americans been on that 90's style almost this entire decade. The rest of America is just catching up.
Yeah it does. However, people like Pharrell, Lil Wayne, and a lot of people started to wear Bape in the mid 2000s, which of course was a Japanese brand. Kanye takes a lot of influence from Yohji Yamamoto, so his clothing line is very Yohji like. Usually someone big in America looks to Japan who are pretty great with regards to street fashion. Then everyone else copies them.

I'm only talking about the masses as people who are into fashion are largely paying attention to Japan, France, etc... all the time.

I don't know why you guys are obsessing over the E-sports thing. I don't think that has anything to do with SFV being rushed out.

The decision was to rush something out before the March fiscal report so it doesn't look like Capcom has been doing absolutely nothing for a year to investors.

That makes more sense the things being asserted in the roadmap thread.

To me it's bizarre there is no arcade mode where you fight like 8 random opponents and a final boss. It's such a small thing and it was missing in Soulcalibur V, Killer Instinct(originally) and now this. I don't get it. It's not like it's resource heavy. I can understand not putting the resources into an unplayable final boss but surely you can do the arcade ladder and make a boss M. Bison or something.

But I actually kind of like all this art you guys are mocking. That Zangief and Mika picture is ok by me.

To me it's bizarre there is no arcade mode where you fight like 8 random opponents and a final boss. It's such a small thing and it was missing in Soulcalibur V, Killer Instinct(originally) and now this. I don't get it. It's not like it's resource heavy. I can understand not putting the resources into an unplayable final boss but surely you can do the arcade ladder and make a boss M. Bison or something.

But I actually kind of like all this art you guys are mocking. That Zangief and Mika picture is ok by me.

To me it seems like they want you to play every character as opposed to arcade mode where everyone was only bothered to play their favorite 2-3 characters.

mbpm1

I think I preferred delay based connections to "One player thinks they're doing well in a match but actually its because the other player sees them as a teleporting Codex from XCOM 2"

Although that happened in the delay based one too I suppose

Kumubou

That's incredibly stupid?

A PS4 console exclusive game that is having a tournament on PC where you can only use 360 sticks.
I suspect it's due to the PC version of UE4 (and, by extension, SF5) only having XInput support (so only X360 and XBone controllers are picked up natively) and that they don't want to mess with x360ce/inputmapper wrappers.

ShinMaruku

wonder why people would take offense to the term chinamen

I agreee that term is charged but I found it much more effective to use that imagery than to go nuanced about why it is so. Most people don't operate on that level in those fandoms.

Riot is a cult. :E

Rhapsody

Banned
Gonna be playing SFV later this weekend. I'd feel super excited, but I mean we've had the beta for so long so the hype isn't that high lol

Really looking forward to narrowing down who to use. At least before we see how Ibuki turns out
Don't be like SFIV Ibuki please

ShinMaruku

Basically they are fucked having made the decision to run WNF on PC, and the game doesn't support PS4 sticks.

That sounds like an issue where when they made the WNF thing they assumed the launch would be perfect and did not do enough research on what would be the best course of action.

VariantX

Ca9s2auUMAAMYBg.png:large

aaaAAAaaa!

I must be out of touch, because I don't know who Juni is.

Juni was playable in alpha 3. She had some stuff like yangs dash move and a command throw. Think she could only do spiral arrow in midair or I'm totally wrong since its been about 15 years since I touched SFA3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom