• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

4th match in a row with opponent that skips around the stage even though i'm set to only play 5 bar connections. No thanks, done for tonight.

Favorite VF stages
VF5FS Jacky
vf5fs_city-jpg.1602

One of the goat stages. Man, those background characters in V ruin the stages. Capcom need to tone it down. It's cool to have background characters, but it seems like they're made to steal all the attention with all the bullshit they're doing.

omg Fang is totally my kinda character. I've been wanting a good zoning character for awhile and he looks totally like my kind of approach to the game. Annoying and effective along with a good option on how to deal with pressure in his teleport sort of thing.

Forgot about this. Vulva wanted a charge character that can play keep away to some extent and Capcom gives him a blowjob by making that last character a Chinese character.

Beckx

As someone who has owned that TVC wii stick in the past I must agree that the dumpster is where it belongs. It was one of the last sticks from the era when Madcatz was still attempting to make their own knockoff parts based on sanwa instead of actually having sanwa. Made it all of half a day before the low quality metal in the button springs began to take on permanent deformation causing buttons to remain pressed no matter what. Plus the stick was sketchy on mine.

I was able to successfully make it back to the store that day though to show them my issues for a refund. They tried to prove me wrong on a setup and couldn't deny it was fucking terrible. Full refund...and that was my first stick. This was before the SFIV sticks became solid and standard from mad catz and before PCB mods were big. The Hori Wii stick was way better. Not stellar, but at least useable for awhile. Now folks just PCB mod other sticks and use zero delay converters.

Eh, I got one for super cheap and replaced the joystick and buttons with sanwa parts so I'm happy with it. It ends up being a nice small footprint stick after that. And it has Ken the Eagle on it so it's automatically the most badass stick on the planet.

Grakl

The menus suck. Why do I have to be booted back to a menu to search for another match? Why can't I read someone's profile while searching? Why is the search option not the first option? Hope it gets ironed out.

Anne

why can you not just pick your character before the match like every other fighting game in the history of the genre?

A lot of games now make you pick your char when you load into ranked, before MM starts so you can't get into counterpick shenanigans.

notworksafe

i'll take the hit of the extra 10 seconds if it means i don't have to go back to the main menu if i want to try someone else
the good ones understand that's an unnecessary waste of time in ranked
do they also enforce that in casual and matches that start from training mode?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can agree with that. Instead of changing properties and or damage of things they are taking it away completely. The more variety the better. A certain player also said game is pretty barebones and time is running out until release.

DunpealD

You can now V-Trigger cancel Ryus sweep.
Which means you can guard crush setup with EX hadoken for normal sweep and normal hadoken for crush counter sweep due to hard knockdown.

Haven't noticed other changes. He still kept the nerfs.

petghost

Banned
I can agree with that. Instead of changing properties and or damage of things they are taking it away completely. The more variety the better. A certain player also said game is pretty barebones and time is running out until release.

well if the game drops and is boring, capcom gonna hear a lot of complaints and will take them into account for their big balance updates. this is kinda what im predicting is gonna happen anyways.

Zissou

"I like a thing. They took away the thing. Therefore, the game is now worse." We don't really know how things will pan out yet.

AAK

Doing a little competition in the Tekken OT only for GAFers getting ready for the TKOIF2015 championship happening in around 21 hours and anyone is free to join.

Winner gets a $20 or 20 Euro or whatever region you're in PSN code.

Details are here.

Borrowing this idea heavily from DB during EVO.

Doing a little competition in the Tekken OT only for GAFers getting ready for the TKOIF2015 championship happening in around 21 hours and anyone is free to join.

Winner gets a $20 or 20 Euro PSN code.

Details are here.

Borrowing this idea heavily from DB during EVO.

that's quite an abbreviation.

notworksafe

I have nothing against the actual gameplay of SFV at this point. I like the new mechanics and the characters. Everything else I just assume is in flux so I don't want to make any judgements yet.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
i'll take the hit of the extra 10 seconds if it means i don't have to go back to the main menu if i want to try someone else

in VF5FS (2012) you choose your character when you enter ranked mode and you can change it at any point before hitting 'ready' against someone you challenge by selecting another character from a text menu brought up with the start button

easy peasy

"I like a thing. They took away the thing. Therefore, the game is now worse." We don't really know how things will pan out yet.

I think the problem is that people notice the things being taken out and are not making the effort to see what the character gained or are failing to report what is being gained.

notworksafe

in VF5FS (2012) you choose your character when you enter ranked mode and you can change it at any point before hitting 'ready' against someone you challenge by selecting another character from a text menu brought up with the start button

easy peasy

now that is smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom