• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

Since we were talking about it let's see our average reflex reaction time.

https://www.justpark.com/creative/reaction-time-test/

Mine is 19 years and I'm 30. My friend got it at 90 Milliseconds. I refuse to believe her. She's ex marine.
180-200ms is about the reaction time you typically see from fighter jet pilots or professional baseball players (and professional fighting game players are around that area as well, iirc), so I would say anything lower than that is due to blind luck. It also depends on the exact type of stimulus and how much additional data needs to be processed -- it's actually a lot more involved than one would initially think.

Only if the game supports Vulcun... DirectX games to Linux/SteamOS are almost always a light-up performance wise.

I'm really surprised Capcom is porting the game to Linux/SteamOS. I never figured that would have even been a thought that would have crossed any Japanese publisher's mind.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Since we were talking about it let's see our average reflex reaction time.

https://www.justpark.com/creative/reaction-time-test/

Mine is 19 years and I'm 30. My friend got it at 90 Milliseconds. I refuse to believe her. She's ex marine.

23194674273_d8ce490745_o.png

Ok then.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Rip my laptop though ;_;

I don't know if my specs are good enough, tried playing beta and it would lag so hard that even on the lowest settings, there was still lag. My specs are:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
16 gigs of ram
NVIDIA Geoforce 750M

Oddly enough, it shows two of them for my display adapters, one working and one with an exclamation mark on it... Someone halp

Edit:

I have a solid state drive that I don't know how to access... ;_;

Grakl

I get between 250-300 ms with that test on my phone

It says you're not human if you get below like 290 or some shit

K.Sabot

Wow, I really have bad reactions lol. No wonder I keep getting hit by stuff like Ibuki's neckbreaker even though I swear I blocked it.

Nah you don't have good reactions.

Millia mixup is just unreactable, apparently Mike Z created millia blocker to make that point when people were telling him they could react to Tiger Knee Bad Moon or TK Badmoon.

Rip my laptop though ;_;

I don't know if my specs are good enough, tried playing beta and it would lag so hard that even on the lowest settings, there was still lag. My specs are:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
16 gigs of ram
NVIDIA Geoforce 750M

Oddly enough, it shows two of them for my display adapters, one working and one with an exclamation mark on it... Someone halp

Edit:

I have a solid state drive that I don't know how to access... ;_;

The processor and ram are probably ok. But that graphic card
4gk3CmS.png

NEVER buy a laptop as your main computer.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The processor and ram are probably ok. But that graphic card
4gk3CmS.png

NEVER buy a laptop as your main computer.

Its an SLI model so its two GeoForce 750M sandwiched together. Somehow the updating fudged up on the second graphics card so my laptop was running on one the entire time until I snooped around and tried updating the second one. Didn't even know my laptop had 2 of them. Was just testing Ground Zeros on max settings and it played at 60 FPS. Did it a couple months ago when I bought the game and the stuttering felt like a seizure, but now its glorious. Granted the scale of the game isn't open world but it was a pretty amazing sight to see on my laptop. Even the resolution on gaf is better, my eyes were starting to hurt as to how sharp everything was lol

Although I am planning to get a good desktop and a netbook to carry around for coding. This laptop will just be for home and chilling.

petghost

Banned
one thing i like about sf5 is that its super easy to confirm off single hits. coming from learning 3s stuff to playing this is night and day.

Man, I got into the beta initially, but I had to input a windowed command in the steam launch options since apparently windowed mode is offset into a corner when chosen in game. Now I can't even get into this stupid beta. I had different expectations of what a beta is supposed to be after more than a year of the SG PC beta. This is a pain in the ass and I haven't even gotten to use minimum settings for testing purposes yet. -_-
BBCPEX netcode is trash at high levels :/
All delay based netcode will be like that.

Anne

Nah you don't have good reactions.

Millia mixup is just unreactable, apparently Mike Z created millia blocker to make that point when people were telling him they could react to Tiger Knee Bad Moon or TK Badmoon.

People will still say that they react to stuff though.

i know it's just my impatience, but the loading in sfv is killing me

i feel like i'm spending just as much time in menus and waiting as i am playing matches

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I got the SF5 Beta running on a 525M on my old computer. Had to turn all the graphics settings to lowest and bump the resolution scaling down to 25%, so it looks miserable, but the frame rate at least held steady.

Its an SLI model so its two GeoForce 750M sandwiched together. Somehow the updating fudged up on the second graphics card so my laptop was running on one the entire time until I snooped around and tried updating the second one. Didn't even know my laptop had 2 of them. Was just testing Ground Zeros on max settings and it played at 60 FPS. Did it a couple months ago when I bought the game and the stuttering felt like a seizure, but now its glorious. Granted the scale of the game isn't open world but it was a pretty amazing sight to see on my laptop. Even the resolution on gaf is better, my eyes were starting to hurt as to how sharp everything was lol

Although I am planning to get a good desktop and a netbook to carry around for coding. This laptop will just be for home and chilling.

That's good news, now you should be able to enjoy SF5. :)

onionfrog

Matchmaking doesn't seem to be working for me at all in the SFV beta.
:(

Also, attacks which hit medium still say that they hit high in training mode. (And vice-versa)

Reminder, the 3v3 tournament begins in about 16 hours

There's an arcade 3v3 and 5v5 tournament on the 19th and 20th. So that will be on the evening of 18th and 19th for us here in the states. 95 teams have signed up so that's 475 players. Some teams:

3v3 (which you had to qualify for)
1. Ebi, Juso, Enoki
2. Reiketsu, Y., Nishikin
3. Potherman, YHC Mochi, Coma
4. Aqua, Zangitan, Yossan
5. Zaregoto, Sekiganryu, Oitajin
6. Aiai, Oppoi, Gonzalez
7. MDR, Pamyu, Gachikun
8. Hagejin, Kitasenju Dj, Shinto
9 Storm Kubo, Dashio, YOUTH-K
+ 7 other teams

5v5
1. Nemo, Kazu, Misse, Nyanshi, YHC Mochi
2. Kichiken, Santarou, Dashio, Shiro, -R-
3. Itazan, Machabo, Kyabetsu, Haitani, Shungoku Neurosis
4. Kindevu, Eita, MOV, Pontherman, Gonzalez
5. Zeregoto, Pugera, Dunhill, Sekiganryu, Oitajin
6. Inaba, Kai (sakura), Jeppa, FuriKuri rufus, Tomuson
7. Ikego, PE, Darui, Zangitan, Yossan
8. Kyoku, Nekojita, Tonpy, Inco, Nishikin

Other notables scattered in different teams: Aiai, Fuudo, Poongko, Reiketsu, Akimo, Meimomo, Coma, Gachikun, Juso, Hameo, Kenzo, AC Revenger, MDR, Hagejin, Anton, Okkun, Matsuri, Kojiro, Haneyama, Jinetta, Kawaguchi, Y。, Kitasenju DJ, Muscle Kingdom, Choco,

http://www.twitch.tv/kagecchi
http://www.twitch.tv/kagecchi79

BadWolf

Momochi with the parries! Good shit

That was Fuudo tho...

Wonder if he is considering Ryu again, he used to play him in SFIV before he started maining Fei Long and beat Daigo in a Ryu mirror grand finals at some European tournament (really great match).

23.9 Frames.

That's still like 397ms, you old.

Well that and actually having to decide on the action increases the time it takes to react.

What is that overhead supposed to be 17 rames? So you would have to cut it down to 282ms to actually "win" at that thing.

edit: Now looking at xrd frame data, you can't even block a greed sever on reaction, forget about trying it online. Fighting games are hard.

oh man, i'm gonna have to go over and listen to this

You have to go to Rip's channel to see it btw.

Storm Kubo's Birdie
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27821395

SFV Battle Costume Trailer

lmao at Cammy's hair having a seizure here https://youtu.be/RcNe9mYtgVU?t=6s

I thought those issues and all the clipping would've been fixed heading into the final build..nope

Doesn't seem to be anywhere near as bad in the jp trailer which was on the London stage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy4SVDtsN5g

Wonder what's up with that.

BadWolf

The sad part is when I saw the results, I knew that the only way the VK won was because of the infinite. I'm not going to take his victory away, but the shit is whack.

True, but at the same time he's pretty much the only player I've seen who is that consistent with it. He does it at the drop of a hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom