• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amedo310

True, but at the same time he's pretty much the only player I've seen who is that consistent with it. He does it at the drop of a hat.

I just despise it. I despise a lot of the really damaging combos due to XIII commentators expecting them in stream. Most of them from the east coast mentions them and take perspective away from the matches that are happening.

Someone does iori rekka? Some commentator expects rekka loops.

Someone does Benimaru's ex raijinken? Some commentator expects light loops.

The game's neutral always gets over shadowed by combos. It's tiring at this point.

Perro

Internet still butthurt over the censorship, damn....
Ryu's beard looks better now, at least. Hair is still a mess.

Rhapsody

Banned
That's still like 397ms, you old.

Well that and actually having to decide on the action increases the time it takes to react.

What is that overhead supposed to be 17 rames? So you would have to cut it down to 282ms to actually "win" at that thing.

edit: Now looking at xrd frame data, you can't even block a greed sever on reaction, forget about trying it online. Fighting games are hard.

Well, Greed Sever's a special case since usually, you won't be getting hit on its first active frame.
Crouching and shifting to stand block definitely buys you extra time.
True, but at the same time he's pretty much the only player I've seen who is that consistent with it. He does it at the drop of a hat.

I need to find this XIII vid I saw on a-cho. This guy with was amazing with Rekka loops along with Benimaru's lightning loops. Guy was a technical monster.

Well, Greed Sever's a special case since usually, you won't be getting hit on its first active frame.
Crouching and shifting to stand block definitely buys you extra time.

I know, I was going by the assumption on the Dustloop wiki that it's about 22 frames to hit a crouching opponent.

Edit: Either way thinking about it, I feel a lot better knowing that it's impossible for me to actually block an overhead.

Shun

America game sales always astound me.

Like Persona 4U2 is only like 10 dollar on Amazon US vs the 8,500円 I spent on the damn game.

America game sales always astound me.

Like Persona 4U2 is only like 10 dollar on Amazon US vs the 8,500円 I spent on the damn game.

I bought P4U2 brand new on amazon for $12 the other day and to my surprise when it arrived it was the LE version with the tarot cards and the Teddy blowup doll.

The game must have really underperformed in North America.

Exr

I hated all the smokers in Japan, walking into an arcade was like walking into an enormous ashtray.
I dont smoke now but when I went to Japan I was still smoking heavily and the arcades were a godsend. Go around the corner to pick up a pack of smokes, some tallboy cans of asahii and head back into the arcade for more 3S. If I lived there id be dead by 30 im sure.

Korigama

I bought P4U2 brand new on amazon for $12 the other day and to my surprise when it arrived it was the LE version with the tarot cards and the Teddy blowup doll.

The game must have really underperformed in North America.
Pretty sure it did fine, much like the other Atlus games (and Arc-developed games) do by their metric as more of a niche company.

shaowebb

Yay! Just got an octagonal gate for my stick in the mail. Never tried one before. I'm gonna setup one stick using this and leave the other with the square gate and see which feels most comfortable for what. I'm curious if launchers, Shoryukens, charge motions and rekkas will be affected...
cammy's braids have a seizure every time she goes into a crouch animation in her normal costume. shit is weird. like they got some procedural animation that freaks out.

If they didn't apply joints to the braids to physically frame by frame animate them then I'd bet that they have cloth effects on them with stretch paramaters for physics. Basically they'll flip, flail and twirl all on their own because it'll use physics to handle it instead of forcing extra animation work to hand pose them on a timeline seperately. However, the downside is in extreme moments where a force is applied to an object with any sort of cloth physics and stretch parameters the amount of stretch and bounce is just insane. Usually dashes that are in any direction other than your current one will apply too much force on objects done like this because the whipcrack of the affected area's physics is just too strong.

Its really funny if you can create instances of handcuff glitching the hair into another model because they sorta paddleball along for the ride. This can be fixed in general by either lowering the amount of stretch the objects selected for the physics have applied to them or by increasing the gravity parameters on them so they can't recoil as easily or both.

Not a hard fix at all. With long hair its actually best to select it in thirds and apply seperate parameters to each segment with the first segment being closest to the head and having the LEAST flexibility and stretch with cloth physics and stretchiness. Increase the parameters in the middle segment of the hair and then increase again for the third and final area. This tends to reign shit in enough that you don't end up with bullshit goin on with hair thats as annoying as say a cape that keeps flopping over your head and bouncing around.

Azure J

All that Skullgirls, Melee and VSav paid off.

pbkNBJz.jpg

B E Y O N D H U M A N L I M I T B O Y S

mbpm1

Yay! Just got an octagonal gate for my stick in the mail. Never tried one before. I'm gonna setup one stick using this and leave the other with the square gate and see which feels most comfortable for what. I'm curious if launchers, Shoryukens, charge motions and rekkas will be affected...

If they didn't apply joints to the braids to physically frame by frame animate them then I'd bet that they have cloth effects on them with stretch paramaters for physics. Basically they'll flip, flail and twirl all on their own because it'll use physics to handle it instead of forcing extra animation work to hand pose them on a timeline seperately. However, the downside is in extreme moments where a force is applied to an object with any sort of cloth physics and stretch parameters the amount of stretch and bounce is just insane. Usually dashes that are in any direction other than your current one will apply too much force on objects done like this because the whipcrack of the affected area's physics is just too strong.

Its really funny if you can create instances of handcuff glitching the hair into another model because they sorta paddleball along for the ride. This can be fixed in general by either lowering the amount of stretch the objects selected for the physics have applied to them or by increasing the gravity parameters on them so they can't recoil as easily or both.

Not a hard fix at all. With long hair its actually best to select it in thirds and apply seperate parameters to each segment with the first segment being closest to the head and having the LEAST flexibility and stretch with cloth physics and stretchiness. Increase the parameters in the middle segment of the hair and then increase again for the third and final area. This tends to reign shit in enough that you don't end up with bullshit goin on with hair thats as annoying as say a cape that keeps flopping over your head and bouncing around.

So when is your game coming out :p

this is good info

BadWolf

I just despise it. I despise a lot of the really damaging combos due to XIII commentators expecting them in stream. Most of them from the east coast mentions them and take perspective away from the matches that are happening.

Someone does iori rekka? Some commentator expects rekka loops.

Someone does Benimaru's ex raijinken? Some commentator expects light loops.

The game's neutral always gets over shadowed by combos. It's tiring at this point.

It is what it is at this point, at least that stuff is hard to do even on the highest level. Violent Kain wasn't really worth watching in that match but Misterio was just a pleasure to see in action, some amazing Yuri comebacks in that set (that second to last match in partilcuar was a nail biter).

I need to find this XIII vid I saw on a-cho. This guy with was amazing with Rekka loops along with Benimaru's lightning loops. Guy was a technical monster.

Would love to see it if you do come across it again :)

its good.

only weird thing is that console prolly gonna get revelator way before pc so its kind of a strange time to buy the game on pc.

Ever since ArcSys started releasing on PC, they've been getting closer to releasing them current with the consoles with each game, it seems (except for Battle Fantasia out of nowhere). Eventually they've gotta get it on time, right?

shaowebb

So when is your game coming out :p

this is good info

Its just basic animation stuff. Highlight the areas to be given physics, turn em on, adjust the numbers in the boxes, play with it to see if it looks right. It's nothing special. My guess is that on something with budgets and deadlines and assigned job tasks you ain't gonna exactly be looking to take steps backwards to keep tweaking the hair that was done during the initial rig step every time you make one of the animations...especially if an animation may get changed later (which in ways we see can happen given things like Mika's super changed somewhat). They know how to do it and fix it IMO. Its not a "trick" or secret...its just too tedious to change it before someone says for sure they wont fuck with an animation anymore in beta because you'd be doing work you'd simply have to keep doing over and over again as they make changes to the game and characters.

What I'm making isn't anything yet. Its got several models in various stages of production, a lot of art being finalized, a ton of notes and a growing pile of silhouette tests for key frames on cast to try to animate later. Engine is sitting there nude with no changes or tweaks yet from the initial setup it defaults to.

Basically, I'm on asset production for a good while. I'm a live journal at this point but its okay. I got no deadlines and I can keep at this for years which I most assuredly will.

I've never done this before so I couldn't even begin to tell you around my powerplant shift work when I could have even certain aspects completed let alone the whole game. I had 223 hours overtime this year alone.

All I know is that animation on one of the easier models is set with a working weighted/modeled rig and after a few controllers are setup I can go into the first full character and start dumping him into the engine. I just keep modeling other stuff though instead of getting around to it. I keep thinking about stages and that I should probably build up a test one soon to check lighting and shaders functioning in engine before I dump hours into testing stuff anyhow on a character.

TLDR: Lots of stuff goes into these games. Even if you know how to do it, the grind is enormous to complete each part. It speeds up rapidly after certain milestones of building your foundations for game environment and what steps you take to build things is (ie...figuring out your pipeline from start to finish per each character or feature).

I got no clue what it'll take for me to finish. I just know that I got no reason to stop even if I am the only one doin code or assets. Thank God for Q though...dude's a great help for inspiration and motivation. He comes up with some crazy fucking moveset ideas and they tend to fire me up to work on stuff...probably why I can't stop modeling cast members long enough to complete tedious fiddly stuff lol.

shaowebb

Anyone else here really digging Corrin in Smash? His pin/cancel gimmick and long range pokes look really fun to me. I keep hearing folks saying his pin gimmick is gonna make him busted in doubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom