• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Hori Arcade stick. A nice in-between size from a TE and a that regular madcatz stick. Buttons feel different and the stick feels okay. Cool cord hiding panel too.

peter0611

What are the names of some top Xrd May and Ram players? Tried searching for high-level matches on YT, but they didn't return anything worthwhile.

ArjanN

Ever since ArcSys started releasing on PC, they've been getting closer to releasing them current with the consoles with each game, it seems (except for Battle Fantasia out of nowhere). Eventually they've gotta get it on time, right?

I'm guessing it probably won't be that long after the console release, could easily see it be somewhere late 2016.

Updated my ASW Steam release timeline:

16-01-2014 - Guilty Gear Isuka
13-02-2014 - BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
05-09-2014 - Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
10-12-2014 - BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
26-05-2015 - Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
07-07-2015 - Battle Fantasia -Revised Edition-
29-09-2015 - Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!
10-12-2015 - Guilty Gear Xrd - SIGN -
Feb 2016 - BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
Spring 2016 - Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
Summer 2016 - Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

So having to think about blocking high/low practically doubles the time it takes to react. There is also some difference between the human benchmark site and that "traffic" test. It might be because of how often it polls for input or the way it measures the time difference. Or it could be that the stimuli vary between the two. Either way, it's probably easier to just practice defensive OSes or getting a read on the opponent.

mbpm1

So having to think about blocking high/low practically doubles the time it takes to react.

So then I react to overheads in like 700 ms? Damn, no wonder I get hit by Rolento's smack all the time

Also saw A New Hope finally, it wasn't bad. On to Empire tomorrow.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The biggest thing you'll notice is that you can combo off of Dthrow now, and Uthrow kills at ~120%.

Ohhh awesome

X9M6VhZ.jpg

these are always fun

Beats

Interesting, must be that throw buff among other things. There's always February for Palutena, last chance..

Robin also got some hitbox size increases this patch on f-tilt, neutral air, forward air, and down air. Also landing lag reduction on all aerials by 2 frames.

Tripon

Matchmaking is almost entirely broken. Enjoy your training mode time.

I'm worried that it's still an issue by the 3rd beta. This game is supposed to be out in 2 months. I don't think that's enough time to make sure Matchmaking is working like its supposed to.

That's still like 397ms, you old.

Well that and actually having to decide on the action increases the time it takes to react.

What is that overhead supposed to be 17 rames? So you would have to cut it down to 282ms to actually "win" at that thing.

edit: Now looking at xrd frame data, you can't even block a greed sever on reaction, forget about trying it online. Fighting games are hard.
I'm okay with that. In a real game a good player's reflexes probably improve significantly.
B E Y O N D H U M A N L I M I T B O Y S
I did a double-take at Cortana at the bottom left. Soon FGW's posterboys/girls will be Robo-Ky, Robo Fortune and Mecha Hisui when melty drops.
I'm guessing it probably won't be that long after the console release, could easily see it be somewhere late 2016.

Updated my ASW Steam release timeline:

16-01-2014 - Guilty Gear Isuka
13-02-2014 - BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
05-09-2014 - Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
10-12-2014 - BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
26-05-2015 - Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R
07-07-2015 - Battle Fantasia -Revised Edition-
29-09-2015 - Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!
10-12-2015 - Guilty Gear Xrd - SIGN -
Feb 2016 - BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
Spring 2016 - Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
Summer 2016 - Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late
Such a weird release schedule. Xrd just plops on us out of nowhere and Melty/UNiB get all the anticipation.
Ohhh awesome

X9M6VhZ.jpg

these are always fun
Are you a Medaka Box character? Nothing but reaction speed here.
get rekt

i really wish this beta had lobbies

and working online
I wish SFV would let me play it without crashing my entire desktop. It's nice to want things.

I can barely get a match tonight compared to this morning where they were coming pretty quickly one after another? What the hell happened during that maintenance?

rookiejet

What are the names of some top Xrd May and Ram players? Tried searching for high-level matches on YT, but they didn't return anything worthwhile.

this might help: http://www.keeponrock.in/?character1=may

also try their forums on dustloop (http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/forum/287-may/). i think all the character forums have a dedicated video thread

The average gamer would fall apart in GG and most other fighters. The average person is screwed.

sounds about right. i'm still having alot of fun tho

I am actually surprised that 17 frames still has like 1 or 2 frame leeway going by "average reaction time". What were the fastest overheads back in the arcade days? Was this just some standard that was established back then where the devs in japan figured out that was the sweet spot. Considering that with the appearance of modern day TVs and monitors, the additional input lag would more than likely make it impossible to react to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom