• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah...I got in some time with SFV again, and I still really like this game. Birdie feels sooo good to play. I played a couple of pretty good players, but most other players were just flailing and were easy pickings.

For some reason, the game wasn't logging a lot of my wins. I won three matches in a row, and the game told me that all three were "my first win in a ranked match". Out of like...twenty matches, the game only saved one replay. Well, the game runs without much issue, so I can't complain about that too much.

Snake Eyez will win Evo free with Gief stays this way

jesus joseph and mary this niggas crazy

Given how much has changed between betas, I wouldn't count on Gief staying the same.

I only fought one Gief during the beta. I think he struggled with doing grounded SPDs, because he kept doing air SPDs. Maybe he thought I'd jump a lot.

NEO0MJ

Man, I'm scarred regarding how much people are playing the SF V beta. I don't play it much and when I play online I feel that some people have been playing their characters non-stop.

Been playing Cloud a lot this weekend with friends. I'm really feeling him. Can't land finishing touch often enough, though. Either I miss or raise their health to levels where it would be better to go with another break.

I'm so mature

nsfw?

I'm sure someone somewhere beat you. In fact, I bet ShinMaruku hasa folder stacked with pictures and gifs of the female cast:p

mbpm1

Tried out the beta after getting a key.

Couldn't connect to anyone :x

So I just played against AI Chun Level 8 and it was insane. Just throwing everything out there

petghost

Banned
Critique mah Cammy Brehs:

you like to rushdown and control the pace and thats cool and its what cammy does but i think you should try experimenting with a purely reactive game where for instance you only dp if the opp jumps at you, dont predictively jump and instead maybe v skill through fireballs, punish correctly on things like blocked sweep etc.

i'd just experiment with everything you do being a reaction to what the other person is doing. not for the sake of winning games just to learn stuff.

episode of scooby doo where the gang tries to find Sim's hitbox here

tumblr_nzm4tu6Qms1usrgjso1_400.gif

shaowebb

SIgh...two explanations for this if it involves what I'm thinking it does. One Gief's hurtbox isn't properly setup on his limbs but between his legs. Thats easy to deal with.

The other explanation is that his hurt box is indeed setup on his limbs...and that its not setup as a 2D overlay and is instead setup ON the limbs themselves using 3d hurt/hitboxes and thus slightly behind Ryu's foot. If this is the case then fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that could mean going back on every move in the game and testing and tossing all 3d hurtboxes AND hitboxes to set them up as 2d. Think of it as laying a piece of cling wrap on your screen and using a marker to draw your hurtboxes. Thats how you SHOULD do it. However, many engines let you set things up by limb and use 3d hit/hurtboxes over them. In those cases you can get close quarters whiffing like this because its passing beside the limb and not directly against it during animation. For 3d like tekken this is great and lets you have crazy boxer-like close quarters slugfests, but for 2.5D this is a horrible mistake to get sucked into. You either scrap all 3d hurtbox/hitbox and redraw using 2d hurt/hitboxes or you go into the limb and enlarge hurt/hitboxes in 3d which could in turn fuck up a LOT of other moves trying to fix just one.

Best hope is its a glitch or someone forgot to turn something on. If its in any way indicative of the core of how hurt/hitboxes are setup it could mean some weird stuff hiccupping forth as they tweak boxes to fix issues because each fix could create links or end links in combos...also leading to moves connecting that look like they shouldn't.

ShinMaruku

you like to rushdown and control the pace and thats cool and its what cammy does but i think you should try experimenting with a purely reactive game where for instance you only dp if the opp jumps at you, dont predictively jump and instead maybe v skill through fireballs, punish correctly on things like blocked sweep etc.

i'd just experiment with everything you do being a reaction to what the other person is doing. not for the sake of winning games just to learn stuff.
I'll keep that in mind. :)
Sweeps are something I need to work on. I'll try to doa reactive match. But my reactions are kinda meh.

Kalamari

Some lowlife scumbag donated to Justin and wrote Star Wars spoilers in the message. What a pos.

Also, when they unlocking Karin?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So I wanna build my own custom stick to last for generations, has anyone tried this site or know of it?

http://www.b15sdmdesigns.com/#!store/chlf

I looked at arcade shock, not feeling it. The link above is pretty damn expensive but they are really extensive with their options for the sticks.

Also, has anyone tried the ps360+ on their fightsticks?

http://akishop-customs.com/index.html#products

They install that into the fightstick but I have no clue if its laggy or not.

Jesus, Vega is WEIRD without his charge. Chun Li I'm not sure on, her normals aren't ranged now. Also, I miss Hyakuretsu. I know she's got a slide now so she doesn't really need it but still. I still fight the best with her though.

Zissou

Seems like certain moves were coded to be unable hit crouchers or only hit airborne opponents and a lot of SFV's hitbox 'weirdness' can be chalked up to that. Much ado about nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom