• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh I just want BnS to release already

don't want to play any more of the beta because I'm afraid I might burn out trying to get to max level if I play it twice.

That's actually a good idea.

I've been playing it for a while when I should really just leave it since I'm going to have to do everything all over again when it releases in january.

Tripon

Street Fighter 4 made the FGC. You heard it here first.
mhMgaPx.png

petghost

Banned
im kinda with the guy to a certain extent. i wasnt around but from what i know sf4 blew up the scene in a big way and i dont think there would be 500k prize pools and 2000+ entry tournaments if it wasnt for the cultural impact that game had and i think its influence allowed more fighting games to be made and to sell to more people creating more fgc folks of all persuasions.

what is everyones opinion on the netcode so far?

some matches seem quite good for me while at the worst they become hilarious teleport/time travel fests.

I think something was busted yesterday. (EU PS4 here)

On friday i didn't get many matches but they played well. On saturday i didn't get any at all for the longest time, and then the few i got after were straight unplayable teleport mess. The worst i've ever seen in any game. Even with people relatively close.

With all the beta problems I keep reading about, I am damn happy to not be a PC gamer.

Playing B&S has me thinking the same thing, at least in terms of machine performance.

It's all fine and dandy when you have an up to date rig but if your computer is over 5 years old and you don't want to build another one then.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least people have an option though. Seems like more fighting games are getting PC releases now more than ever.

FACE

Banned
Playing B&S has me thinking the same thing, at least in terms of machine performance.

It's all fine and dandy when you have an up to date rig but if your computer is over 5 years old and you don't want to build another one then.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At least people have an option though. Seems like more fighting games are getting PC releases now more than ever.

I mean, five years ago the PS4 wasn't even out bruh.

I appreciate this post as a yyh fan.

Relevant to the thread, ever play the Genesis YYH game by Treasure or the PS2/Arcade one by Dimps? Both are really fun.
I more or less missed the PS2 boat. Smash 64 was my introduction to fighters and it went into overdrive with Melee, DOA3/Soulcalibur II (GC and Xbox baybee) and MvC1/2 on the Dreamcast. Unfortunatley I lost interest until MvC3 and BlazBlue (which was pretty cool at the time of BBCT). PS2 had so much to offer and I missed out on it. ;_;
With all the beta problems I keep reading about, I am damn happy to not be a PC gamer.
After another three crashes I just give up on SFV. PC gaming is fine. It has done wonders for my fighting game experience between GGPO/fightcade and SG PC. I also got to mash around with Karin for about seven minutes so there is that. Didn't get to try Mika, but I'll get my chance in about a year when Alex drops.

FACE

Banned
I've been idling on matches cause I just wanna test stuff on training mode, a surprisingly high amount of folks immediately jumping back so far.

shaowebb

Yeah, Arcana Heart sure could use its shit to be less anime girl fetish oriented. If its aesthetic was the poster child for the FGC no one would want in unless you were idgaf about all art and only cared about the mechanics of the genre. I'm pretty die hard on the the genre, but even that isn't enough for me at times because occassionally I just have to put the game on mute for all the "hyaaaaaaan" shit they spout and take a break to play something a little less heavy handed with it.

Why couldn't this anime fighter have had like a mecha theme or some shit instead so folks could enjoy its mechanics without so much fanservice and tropey jank. Just replace the girls with fucking Gundams, Mazingkaiser, or even Overman King Gainer or something... ;_;

Style hyped for Minori though.:p

Another Bison nerf:
c.MP doesn't link into itself on counterhit.

I've been playing the beta on PC and haven't seen any problems so I guess ymmv?
I'm guaranteed to be on the low end of that mileage. :p

LOL LOL

I can confirm that Bison is airborn during Knee Press thanks to a recent Zangief match.

FACE

Banned

Works perfectly fine for me ever since installing older drivers.

Reposting since this probably got buried on the other thread:

I feel like s.HK (crush), df.HP, c.MP no longer works. c.MP fails to link. Anyone else want to confirm and offer a replacement follow-up?

I tested it and it still works, ch c mp into c mp doesn't(as you've said).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom