• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Nobody's ready for the poison man. Except me. :[

I get the feeling with his tools Fang is going to be a real tourney pain. Just annoying as shit space control with poison. Imagine the irritation of running Dhalsim or Gief vs that. Most of the cast has tools that will run into severe issues with his stuff IMO. If they make his damage and wakeup weak though then it'll be a different story. There are lots of knockdown folks in this game so if he crumbles under pressure that'll be a deal breaker for him. I can see characters with ports or ground moves screwing with sloppy ones that just try to spam.

Tentatively I believe he will be a high tier guy dependent on his ability to wakeup. In either case...I keep thinking with Necalli's low moves, rushdown, and berzerker slash that he has the best tools to get around this guy since I dont see going toe to toe zoner or armoring as a good plan. Seismos and the slash would be really irritating. Nash may do well too.

shaowebb

Hmmmmmmm...important question with Fang. Is his projectile limboing dash move a go behind as well? I know he can use it to go under projectiles and approach for combos but if its a go behind it might mean his wakeup game should be fine between that and his counter.

mbpm1

Take da poison

Hmmmmmmm...important question with Fang. Is his projectile limboing dash move a go behind as well? I know he can use it to go under projectiles and approach for combos but if its a go behind it might mean his wakeup game should be fine between that and his counter.

From combofiend vs mike it works like Yang's teleport it looks like

shaowebb

From combofiend vs mike it works like Yang's teleport it looks like

So a litle bit of armor in the middle and small forward distance? That'd definitely be fine for him to avoid getting knocked down to death then unless they have long poke options and back dash on knockdown to toss em(and if they did that just jump). Folks respect his counter too much and go for throw he should be able to go into that. Curious if he has an EX version like yang.

EDIT:
Rewatched the Fang trailer. If his ground flame thingy has armor on EX then its one I plan to use. Wakeup, pop it, and be guarded low and likely trade vs anything else plus poison them. Looks fast. Just need to know if it can come out fast enough or need startup armor. Man does he ever need lab time and do I ever need my processor upgrade.

Tripon

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. I was a chip Critical Art kill away with more than half of my life bar left to beat a Zangief and the beta ends.

His name was Put_Sagat_in_SFV too.

rookiejet

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. I was a chip Critical Art kill away with more than half of my life bar left to beat a Zangief and the beta ends.

His name was Put_Sagat_in_SFV too.

u have to hold dat.. for 10 hours

most of my matches today were like:
pinkman.gif

i take so long to learn new games/characters

Mizerman

Man, I can't wait until I pick up SFV and start playing online (and get ass kicked, but hey).

Which is kinda odd, given that I'm not really an online type of person for fighters.

petghost

Banned
what is everyones opinion on the netcode so far?

some matches seem quite good for me while at the worst they become hilarious teleport/time travel fests.

Kalamari

some matches seem quite good for me while at the worst they become hilarious teleport/time travel fests.

I can't even get matches. I hope this isn't the last beta test, because the matchmaking leaves much to be desired.

rookiejet

pretty good. i have been matched against people i know are UK and far west US based (i am eastern canada), and our matches have been ok.

matchmaking, when it's working, is pretty good too. last 2 hours i have been getting matches every 2-3 minutes or so

shaowebb

All these people playing SFV beta and I'm playing Ultra like an idiot ;_;
Elena is fun

For what its worth I'm not playing either. I never clicked with SFIV at all and it bored me. SFV does have my active interest but I'm right at processor spec cutoff. The one thing I never upgraded and am long overdue for is the only thing keeping me from buying into the beta too.

I'm waiting till January when X-mas cash impact is starting to decline to make the upgrade and go in.

K.Sabot

ugh I just want BnS to release already

don't want to play any more of the beta because I'm afraid I might burn out trying to get to max level if I play it twice.

Anne

Seems like certain moves were coded to be unable hit crouchers or only hit airborne opponents and a lot of SFV's hitbox 'weirdness' can be chalked up to that. Much ado about nothing.

So it looks like Capcom finally caught up to modern times when it comes to attack properties.

mbpm1

Anne

They already did that in at least USFIV, cue Hugo crouching under high tiger shots.

Good, they should do it more consistently in SFV. I don't want anymore of "this move doesn't work as intended cause we can't foresee how bad our hitbox job is" nonsense lol

shaowebb

Minori combos in Arcana Heart 3 Six Stars

Found this just now and man do I hope this gets sold as an update or something to Love Max. I really dig characters that Yamazaki style grab and drag you all over the screen. I need to play more AH3LM period. I miss Air combos. Gonna be a diverse holidays. Just got BBCPEX, GGXRD, 2 mystery fighters for Xmas from family, Chaos Code, and I'm trying to get better at TVC. Plus In January I got Koihime Enbu to pick up.

Sorry I didn't respond to you, Disco. I had a maddening experience trying to get the beta working on my PC last night. Never did get it to work. I want to say I'm disappointed, but Karin, Mika and F.A.N.G weren't playable, so I'll live another day.
For what its worth I'm not playing either. I never clicked with SFIV at all and it bored me. SFV does have my active interest but I'm right at processor spec cutoff. The one thing I never upgraded and am long overdue for is the only thing keeping me from buying into the beta too.

I'm waiting till January when X-mas cash impact is starting to decline to make the upgrade and go in.
My laptop uses an integrated 6520G. That feeling when the game sits right at 53-57 FPS at the lowest possible settings. It's like losing a race by photo finish.

jerry1594

Sorry I didn't respond to you, Disco. I had a maddening experience trying to get the beta working on my PC last night. Never did get it to work. I want to say I'm disappointed, but Karin, Mika and F.A.N.G weren't playable, so I'll live another day.

My laptop uses an integrated 6520G. That feeling when the game sits right at 53-57 FPS at the lowest possible settings. It's like losing a race by photo finish.
If it doesn't run well online is going to be much worse

If it doesn't run well online is going to be much worse
This is why I have a PC, but the damned thing got crashed by SFV three times. Can't wait to figure out exactly what sort of laptop SFV needs so I can get on that. Windowed mode with GAF and IRC available at a moment's notice is truly the superior experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom