• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

I had a rough day with Karin but with Cammy I'm back in action, now just need Juri and Ibuki to get some booty.
Flco0YW.jpg

shaowebb

Because they don't give a fuck about the general world market

Like I said, its Examu. They do what they like. They're damned good at combat at least, but I'd love to see them pair up with a different art lead sometime. Its a fucking waste how good they are and how much they cut their own market appeal with that super moe style of theirs. No appeal outside of extreme niches outside of japan. My god some of the shit they have though is great tool wise.

You should check out the Saber combos I've been seeing with the insect swarm assist option. Easy mode fun.

ShinMaruku

If they like what they are doing and they are fine with the return they get I see nothing wasted. I get that people don't dig the art style but that's fine not everything is for everybody. Now if you want massive success to come to them and get aclaim world wide, I doubt the gaming industry nor the consumer would see the brilliance in their work regardless of the art style.

shaowebb

Yes, on that note thank fucking god Shao's character design is A tier

Yeah my inspirations are NOT moe thank GOD.

Shit I like:
  • Stjepan Seijic
  • Marc Silvestri
  • Kamen Rider
  • Tekkaman Blade
  • GUYVER
  • McFarlane
  • Darkstalkers stuff
  • Superheroes
  • Armor and mecha shit
  • Martial arts and anything Kung Fu (Andy Seto manga hnggggg)

No uguu. No problem.
If they like what they are doing and they are fine with the return they get I see nothing wasted. I get that people don't dig the art style but that's fine not everything is for everybody. Now if you want massive success to come to them and get aclaim world wide, I doubt the gaming industry nor the consumer would see the brilliance in their work regardless of the art style.

You know what...I can see a lot of truth to this. I couldn't pull out a lot of creativity for moe if I tried. Maybe they can't pull out much inspiration outside of it and it would hurt them. Its really stifling working on stuff that doesn't fit your interests. I'd quit before I'd wanna design plain clothes realistic space marine bro shit.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Best moment to me so far was when you were just doing that one doodle and were like how's this for a draft of a character idea?

Looked at it and said 100% DONE DONT CHANGE SHIT lol

He's like the one character I want to show the world super badly but cant cause yeah :p would be dumb to right now.

Also if you can get on skype you totally should cause now I need to vent LOL

shaowebb

BTW is anyone gonna be playing Nitroplus? I will but I'm not certain if its under a X-mas tree somewhere with my family. I gotta lot of traveling this week and everyone was after fighters for me. I already got Under Night in Birth today! I plan on trying out Muramasa's cool looking zipline thingies.

Best moment to me so far was when you were just doing that one doodle and were like how's this for a draft of a character idea?

Looked at it and said 100% DONE DONT CHANGE SHIT lol

He's like the one character I want to show the world super badly but cant cause yeah :p would be dumb to right now

Please say it wasn't one of the pics I drew at work and it was covered in cocks drawn on by the meatheads I work with...

shaowebb

This is why I will never tell anybody to change art style if it's something regional or of their style.

I'm not certain Skullgirls would feel so fresh without Alex's stuff to be honest. Its hella divisive with folks but it really comes across in the game the personality of the artist and the characters.

As a player though, I'll always pine for good playing games to be more in the artstyle I love. Its just a thing. I get the feeling folks would have been bigger on Blaz Blue had it looked like KI or something. I know if Rachel had a flaming skull for a head and looked Marvel it'd been a big plus for at least one dude here :)
We all have our tastes and we're a fairly western board.

Marz

So since Capcom is releasing 6 DLC characters for SFV in 2016 at a rate of what would seem to be 2 months per character, the first character should be released around launch no?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Beaten, but I will mention that there's also a launch trailer for Combo Breaker 2016.

If I go, will I be promised VIP/Illuminati access? You got one hungry FGC'er here who will come depending on your answer bub.

Just got curious who the blorpy moe meat tentacle character Saya was in Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel so I looked up the game she's from.
0WfA63y.jpg

O_O

Saya no Uta
Lets see...main character had agnosia or something and sees the world covered in gore and everyone as monsters...except Saya who IS a monster.
-Eats human flesh and digs it
-All endings either involve everyone dying, or the world ending.
-close friend gets brain damaged rapes saya
-you get committed to mental world
-saya decides rape slaving another friend and turning her into monster would help spice up the romance. Main character digs it
-babies

You know...for the holidays and such its the perfect romantic comedy with moe the whole family can enjoy.
THE FUCK IS THIS!?

My friend started mentioning a game about something like this... where the protagonist falls in love with a blob of flesh but he see's her as a normal girl and starts eating flesh too just for her sake since she does it too... I literally got mindfucked when I heard that. It involves raping too, the japanese are some fucking crazy people.

So since Capcom is releasing 6 DLC characters for SFV in 2016 at a rate of what would seem to be 2 months per character, the first character should be released around launch no?

The math sounds about right...

mbpm1

Played a bunch of beta for a couple of hours today

Thoughts:

Ryu sucks
GIEF IS SO FUCKING GOOD OMG
Everyone else is fun to some degree

If they didn't change much for the final release probably would play Gief, Ken, and Mika.

shaowebb

From what I know Karst likes Zato, Hakumen, DC Sorceress and Dormammu so I'm guessing it's a combination of these elements.

DC Sorceress + Dormammu = Nine --- so what combination is your character?
Nope. None of the above and I'm not telling. Most I'll do is probably reveal screenshots of stages, but I saw Panzerfaust ripped off to become Potemkin before he could ever become a reality. No way will characters be shown or gimmicks be out in the open. Hopefully, the stages get the art across once they're setup. I've begun work on one to test the lighting and shaders so hopefully between it and the rest I flip back and forth on I can show something at some point at least on that end.

As to that character I'll just say that it would appeal to Karst because "badass".

Looking forward to Xmas by myself again this year :D at least I won't be banned on gaf this time lol
Enjoy the Amiibo! Also enjoy all the stuff on that flash drive I sent with it. Should have plenty to play with this year. Maybe now you can get around to stomping a mudhole in me in some games online till I learn up proper.

BTW I got UNIEL, BBCPEX and GGXRD on PS3. Are they cross gen so I can play you since you flipped to PS4 or am I still all by myself?

Kumubou

I actually played a fair bit of Nitro+ Blasters this weekend... who thought it would have been a good idea to have command grabs
and everything else
lead to straight death? The combos are surprisingly easy for a game that expects you to be doing 10-15 second combos for 80-100% damage off of a given hit once you have resources.

The implementation of assists is kind of disappointing though, especially after coming from Aquapazza and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. There are some good neutral ones, but they take too long to charge up to really be worth it. May as well just summon locusts until the end of the world happens.

You just sold me a copy of this game!
Not really.

I googled Saya, though. Nope.jpg:
The funny thing is, I think she would be perfect for you in terms of playstyle
and flesh eating tendencies

shaowebb

I actually played a fair bit of Nitro+ Blasters this weekend... who thought it would have been a good idea to have command grabs
and everything else
lead to straight death? The combos are surprisingly easy for a game that expects you to be doing 10-15 second combos for 80-100% damage off of a given hit once you have resources.

The implementation of assists is kind of disappointing though, especially after coming from Aquapazza and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. There are some good neutral ones, but they take too long to charge up to really be worth it. May as well just summon locusts until the end of the world happens.
Yeah once folks are hit the stun goes on for days. Combos seem pretty easy. Still watching a lot of vids on it. I'm liking Ruili, Muramasa, and whoever that Wolverine like girl was. Also I think Al's zoning looks annoying and fun.

The funny thing is, I think she would be perfect for you in terms of playstyle
and flesh eating tendencies

Honestly, she would be perfect for Karsticles for both those reasons. Watch the vid I posted Karst. She's your new waifu.

Nope. None of the above and I'm not telling. Most I'll do is probably reveal screenshots of stages, but I saw Panzerfaust ripped off to become Potemkin before he could ever become a reality. No way will characters be shown or gimmicks be out in the open. Hopefully, the stages get the art across once they're setup. I've begun work on one to test the lighting and shaders so hopefully between it and the rest I flip back and forth on I can show something at some point at least on that end.

As to that character I'll just say that it would appeal to Karst because "badass".

Enjoy the Amiibo! Also enjoy all the stuff on that flash drive I sent with it. Should have plenty to play with this year. Maybe now you can get around to stomping a mudhole in me in some games online till I learn up proper.

BTW I got UNIEL, BBCPEX and GGXRD on PS3. Are they cross gen so I can play you since you flipped to PS4 or am I still all by myself?

I got ya.

I'll expect your game to be at EVO at some point :p (now that I think about it having something you made actually have a competitive community form around it would be the most surreal thing imo, even more so if it was featured at something like EVO).

shaowebb

I got ya.

I'll expect your game to be at EVO at some point :p (now that I think about it having something you made actually have a competitive community form around it would be the most surreal thing imo, even more so if it was featured at something like EVO).
If I even have a small community thats dedicated and I occassionally see side tournies I'd be thrilled. Everyone's goal is to EVO and I'd be overwhelmed if I made. I only hope that what I make excites folks and makes them have fun. Even if it will inevitably like all fighters devolve into tier whining and bitching lol.
I also like Mewtwo, Bowser, Painwheel, Nightmare, Astaroth, SFV Bison, and Dizzy. :)
I WANT TO SEE!

You know my reasons are valid after Potemkin stole Panzerfaust's look. I spent a LOT of time on some of these. Silhouette tests fill notepads I carry constantly and those in turn become things I clean up multiple times later over months. Most of which I toss before Q sees what he gets to critique because I critique heavily before that. I aint' sacrificing that work at random. When there's content and I'm close to getting things out I'll be showing stuff. Most I can say is I'll likely have stages and misc art renders I can show sometime. If I use a dummy block model maybe I can use rig swaps to show off comabt flow at some point but the extra work for the attention isn't worth much considering it'd be best to NRS the thing and reveal everything weekly the year its launching to build up hype instead of wearing it out before I can catch up to the fan interest with more content.

Hopefully, I can use some contacts me and Q have made as gate keepers to put it in front of a real publisher once its so far in hopes of getting some much needed assistance on some parts. Otherwise, I'll have to start consulting folks I need to fill in gaps on stuff like bug testing, sound design, and netplay out of pocket (which I'll do if I have to but dont want to because I'll be broke again unless I can barter percentages of sales).

For now...its still at the fun stage of art art art, texture, rig and dump. Once it turns into animate and code all day then figuring out budget, bugs, and core ,mode functionality then it'll get serious enough to know how far I am from showing off. Those things will be the gatekeepers on a release.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
What did you have in mind?

You know, now that I think about it, I have no idea. It would be nice to just be able to get a staff shirt so I can just walk around without being stopped too often. I've helped out at Defend The North and was planning to help out during NEC but finals bodied me so I didn't help out Big E and Kyle. I can lend a hand or two around when it comes to little stuff though, think of the little people! lol

spreading the broken sfv tech so it gets nerfed only helps my true goal of getting everyone to play guilty gear instead muahahaha

I don't want to deal with Elphelt lol, I'm still a scrub at my locals.

K.Sabot

spreading the broken sfv tech so it gets nerfed only helps my true goal of getting everyone to play guilty gear instead muahahaha

CurlyW

You know, now that I think about it, I have no idea. It would be nice to just be able to get a staff shirt so I can just walk around without being stopped too often. I've helped out at Defend The North and was planning to help out during NEC but finals bodied me so I didn't help out Big E and Kyle. I can lend a hand or two around when it comes to little stuff though, think of the little people! lol

Yeah, I can hook you up. You've run brackets before?

shaowebb

Wow...the inputs in UNIEL are super easy and responsive. Carmine feels like the love child of Testament and Freemen.

• Magic Series
  • Mashable one button combos for easy confirms
  • large hitboxes for easy links
  • down down motions and forward + button motions for things like projectiles and pillar summoning is super easy for big payoff
  • pretty uniform inputs for super stuff and comeback mechanics are fairly standard proven defensive/offensive modifiers easy to learn.
  • Link timings between moves isn't really super strict meaning I can see it being fun and easy to get good stuff with so long as Touch of Death doesn't begin to reign supreme. Gonna have to play a lot longer to know if enough defensive tools are in play to mitigate this possibility.

Just feels smooth and easy to start learning. Grid system and EXS is gonna take getting used to with the whole tug of war thing for bonuses, but it feels fresh and neat unlike Aquapazza's negative emotion system that had very little way to pull things back in your court. Not certain really what to make of it yet. Gordeau feels fucking monstrous. Last 30% health yielding increases to player moves feels like an evolution on the Arcana Heart Guts idea which gave bonuses to health instead of too the effects of moves. Feels neat.

Overall, I can see myself really enjoying this fighter. Meh on like half the cast's art, but the attacks are snappy and flashy with lots of charisma so I'll be fine considering its leagues above Arcana Heart animation and I love playing that game for what it had.

Seems to be a growing trend these days to make the inputs as easy as possible and to add mashable auto combo or string style things in addition to the standard fair to allow new players to feel impressed with themselves by giving them tools that let them do important things like confirm into combos and execute "the cool stuff" consistently. Good on you game industry. This is like the 4th title or so I've seen in recent years drawing from this same pool of mechanics and it still feels great.

shaowebb

Who's the real MVP Shaowebb, Guyver 1 or Guyver 3?

Guyver Gigantic playa. Guyver 3 is more competent and badass but like every secondary Rider in Kamen Rider, while cooler and better at the job he just ends up through story reasons lacking the power and beast modery that the title character eventually gets.

I'll say this...Guyver 3 sure as shit didn't spend all his time whining about stuff and dying multiple times. You just can't deny Guyver Gigantic its championship belt though.

W2aKLSK.jpg
wLM8pUF.jpg

^ because DAYUM.

Dahbomb

Guyver 3 is more bad ass and more competent (probably more intelligent as well) but Guyver 1 was actually the one who unlocked the Gigantic armor and Guyver 3 stole that shit. He didn't earn that transformation.

And let's not pretend that Guyver 3 hasn't had his ass handed to him multiple times either ( and then saved by someone else).

shaowebb

Guyver 3 is more bad ass and more competent (probably more intelligent as well) but Guyver 1 was actually the one who unlocked the Gigantic armor and Guyver 3 stole that shit. He didn't earn that transformation.

And let's not pretend that Guyver 3 hasn't had his ass handed to him multiple times either ( and then saved by someone else).

So yeah, the real hero...Guyver Gigantic. Man do I wish they'd have animated more of that thing. Wish it had been connected to something other than the Shonen publications too. Then it could've appeared in crossover fighters all the time like Hokuto No Ken did.

mbpm1

Gief is ridiculous lol

On wakeup

If you bait a DP, Crush counter with St HP into heavy SPD for 300+ damage into knockdown for the same situation. If the DP bounces off crush counter with st rh into sweep works most of the time.

If you think they're going to press buttons OR backdash,Crush Counter with St. HP into HP SPD for the same.

If you think they're going to jump you have two options, predictive jump into SPD OR Headbutt which for some reason knocks them down on a jump or backdash AND is safe on block AND can combo into a jab for spacing purposes if they just do a throw

Dahbomb

So yeah, the real hero...Guyver Gigantic. Man do I wish they'd have animated more of that thing.
Another series like Berserk that has been in an endless Manga cycle with no end in sight.

Damn shame, that series has some really interesting enemy designs.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Yeah, I can hook you up. You've run brackets before?

Awesome man. Yeah, I ran SF and Marvel pools so I know how it works. Its not a guarantee at the moment since I have to see in the first week of February if my professor is going to put a midterm on the Friday of that tournament lol. Its most likely not going to be the case but I don't want to make any promises just yet, but otherwise its a tentative yes for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom