• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astarte

Just got curious who the blorpy moe meat tentacle character Saya was in Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel so I looked up the game she's from.
0WfA63y.jpg

O_O

Saya no Uta
Lets see...main character had agnosia or something and sees the world covered in gore and everyone as monsters...except Saya who IS a monster.
-Eats human flesh and digs it
-All endings either involve everyone dying, or the world ending.
-close friend gets brain damaged rapes saya
-you get committed to mental world
-saya decides rape slaving another friend and turning her into monster would help spice up the romance. Main character digs it
-babies

You know...for the holidays and such its the perfect romantic comedy with moe the whole family can enjoy.
THE FUCK IS THIS!?

Saya's so entry level in terms of fuckery that it doesn't even phase me anymore
I want to go back to when I was still freaked out over it

shaowebb

Another series like Berserk that has been in an endless Manga cycle with no end in sight.

Damn shame, that series has some really interesting enemy designs.

Whew...yeah its been terrible.

First off was Guyver out of Control. Early 90's or something VHS only. Company died soon after.

Second one up to bat was a 12 episode OVA animated series that was released across 6 vhs tapes with 2 eps each. Company died. Went into limbo for awhile. Manga Entertainment picked it up and released it in 2 dvds. Barely able to finish these. Some dubbing and edits made to last episode. Manga Entertainment dies soon after. DVD's hard to comeby.

3rd series. Guyver:The Bioboosted armor. Known to some as the "TV series". 26 episodes, 4 dvds, covers to Guyver Gigantic. Doesnt finish the story. Amazing as fuck. However its name is so close to the 2nd series (The OVA) it makes it a god damned NIGHTMARE to locate the 2 dvds in the OVA series to watch the original because all you return are hits for this series.

Manga never sees a proper distribution in the states to completion. 31 volumes, started in 1985 and spread across 2.5 decades of publishers. You can't make up this level of fucking labyrinthine rights issues and publishing woes to one of the best things ever made. It'd take a major studio head hunting all the rights to fix this mess. I honestly haven't even been able to locate enough of the manga to finish reading what was there so I don't know if it was ever finished being written or if they'll just end up on a damned boat for a decade like Berzerk.

shaowebb

Maybe once Disney buys Capcom. At least we might get a MvC movie then...

Disney buying capcom would be pretty good all around honestly. My go to would be Nintendo for the nice fit or WB for the DC crossover but then we might get the opposite and it'd be an NRS title instead of a vs series installment.

Also if we saw Disney buy capcom it wouldn't be an MVC movie we'd get. It'd be a Dead Rising one or Lost Planet one IMO. Fits their box office style better and wouldn't interfere with their current cinemaverse.

i just remembered that i was getting absolutely destroyed in the last beta with mika just like i am in this one . . .

i fear that i won't be able to play mika u_u

Kalamari

Never mind my LP, let me show you my v-trigger.

Karin's eyes seem a little far apart, she looks like one of Shin's anime mmo gals.

Zissou

@Blackcule- I saw you bring up the 'Chun violates the no light normals linking into stuff' thing in the beta thread when I was catching up with it. That 'rule' is just a rumor that has been going around due to speculation/misreporting from eventhubs months ago. Capcom never stated anything about whether or not lights would/should link into medium/heavy normals.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
i'll play but . . . this isn't my usual level of being ass

this is worse, which is hard to imagine, which is why i'm kinda worried

This game really relies footsies, so it seems you are severely lacking in that department based on the level of ass you are saying... It takes a while, it ain't easy and it ain't fun until you get a grasp of what your game plan is. Just play with us and we'll help you out.

Never mind my LP, let me show you my v-trigger.

Karin's eyes seem a little far apart, she looks like one of Shin's anime mmo gals.

PogChamp

Real talk, that pasta on her head always makes me hungry.

Kumubou

Saya's so entry level in terms of fuckery that it doesn't even phase me anymore
I want to go back to when I was still freaked out over it
Isn't that how it always goes? You see a series like that, have your mind blown and then wonder how deep that rabbit hole goes, and then suddenly... BAD END.

Or maybe most people have more sense than I did when I was younger. D:

mbpm1

This game really relies footsies, so it seems you are severely lacking in that department based on the level of ass you are saying... It takes a while, it ain't easy and it ain't fun until you get a grasp of what your game plan is. Just play with us and we'll help you out.

You can play with other people in the beta?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
You can play with other people in the beta?

I was speaking in a future sense, when SFV comes out, master milk can grind with us in lobbies. I hope PSN and Steam will have an overlap that's not only over ranked matches but casuals as well. That would be the icing on the cake.

The Karin matchup had me shaking in my boots till i learned necalli's MP stuffs everything she does :eek:

hell it even works as an anti-air against her

I really liked my time with the SFV beta. Chun Li and Nash are likely to be my mains. I was hoping Vega would work for his pokes but I just find his character weird and uncomfortable without his charge.

ShinMaruku

All in All had a decent time, I will grow to love the game when I get characters I like, if you give me this game with just RYu Ken, Bipson,Nicali and Vega and CHun this game would be utter shit to me, but I do like Cammy. Karin is good too just can't use her. Mika and Laura being grapplers means those two can jump off a cliff, their big boobies and booties be damned.

Blocking is really important. I noticed some points where the opponent (or even me) would have a sliver of life left and wouldn't go down despite all of the blocked hits for some reason. It was crazy. In SFIV that stuff would have ended the fight, easy.

petghost

Banned
not being able to die from chip makes endings so much more satisfying

i have mixed feelings about it.

i like how in 3s the responsibility to not lose is on the person with a pixel left as opposed to in 5 where its on the one with the life lead, unless they wanna blow all their bar or something. makes for some weird situations.

ShinMaruku

What players you lot think are not to the level they 'should' be because they are held back by certain quirks. For example you think X player is too much of a nut that if they practiced mindfulness they would do much better. Or the player who plays far too lame that they never take opportunities to close out a match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom