• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegatoB

guys halp, i wanna buy this stick and heard its really good but i dont know if itll work on ps4's here in america... help a pleb pls

http://www.play-asia.com/real-arcade-pro-v-silent-hayabusa-for-playstation-4-playstation/13/709hzb

Its pretty cheap too for such a sleek stick imo. I wanna to get a custom baller ass stick but the guy who does them isn't doing them ;_;
Of course it'll work, there's no such thing as a "region-locked controller."

But if you don't really, really need the silent buttons, you should probably buy the regular HRAP 4 Kai from Amazon while it's $120.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SULMRI4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Of course it'll work, there's no such thing as a "region-locked controller."

But if you don't really, really need the silent buttons, you should probably buy the regular HRAP 4 Kai from Amazon while it's $120.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SULMRI4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Main reason lol, there is a place that'll suit it up for me but I don't really wanna open on my fight stick until I'm in more of a stable financial situation to afford the luxury of possibly breaking it. This seems like a good deal.

The chance of breaking a stick is really low. Replacing buttons and joystick is basically idiot proof, I could do it no problem :p

D..De...Devour

The chance of breaking a stick is really low. Replacing buttons and joystick is basically idiot proof, I could do it no problem :p

Yeah until you get into cutting wires stuff is pretty easy. I've swapped out joysticks, ball tops, springs, and buttons multiple times now, just because of random OCD shit.

It's one hit indeed. You get hit, the super KO screen flashes, and you don't get the full super animation.

The same thing happens with Rashid's super if it chips you out. I imagine this is the case for everybody's super, I guess except for the grapples, and maybe Ryu's, since his is a non cinematic multi hitting super.

Chun's is a ~17 hit super when blocked. But ~36 hits in full animation. I know that much at least.

shaowebb

Whoa, very nice.

Yeah, its pretty impressive even if it doesn't stay in the lead for this to happen considering the event has pretty much everything on it including SFV. Hope to see some cool stuff! Yo Juicebox you gonna go and compete this one?

I don't remember people bashing parry as much as people are focus attacks. In fact I'm sure people didn't. Because parry was seen entirely differently than focus attacks.

They hella were. SF4 was the "return to honest old school Street Fighter" no more blocking or parrying in the air. People would get punished for jumping. People at the start were happy about DP trade into Ultra saying stuff like "it will teach people better footsie fundimentals cause jumping in gets you blown up".

It's literally history repeating itself.

Except SFV is super fucking boring.

Dlent

I can understand saying that SFV feels bland when the only unique mechanic is the V-system which isn't very interesting for most characters. Maybe it's also that every character has fewer normals and specials in V? I'm sure more advanced techniques will be found in the future, but the simplicity of the game is what makes it feel bland to most people I've seen with that complaint.

EDIT: And a lot of the normals feel universalized as well, with most medium punches being plus on block, no cancelable crouching light kicks, cancelable hard punches but not kicks, etc.

I can understand saying that SFV feels bland when the only unique mechanic is the V-system which isn't very interesting for most characters. Maybe it's also that every character has fewer normals and specials in V? I'm sure more advanced techniques will be found in the future, but the simplicity of the game is what makes it feel bland to most people I've seen with that complaint.

More advance mechanics grow out of flexiable system mechanics which SFV lacks. I remember a year ago people were saying the same shit about Smash 4 but no one ever found anything game changing for it.

Dlent

Even if I'm not very hype for it I still enjoyed playing V, so it's already a big step up from IV. At the very least, it'll be a good side game if it doesn't require any time investment in training mode.

Even if I'm not very hype for it I still enjoyed playing V, so it's already a big step up from IV. At the very least, it'll be a good side game if it doesn't require any time investment in training mode.

I expect a good stopgap until KOF basically, if that turns out shitty for some reason at least I'll have something to go back to.

Kikirin

Oh, OK. Usually when I see ten on a scale I think it's the top. Sorry >.>

10 is the top though. I understood the remark to be: "I used to be super hype for SF5, but now I'm totally not. The potential of FANG is the only thing keeping me mildly interested."

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
There's a lack of Cindi post, much more enthusiastic then the rest of us are and a breathe of fresh air. We've already become old and decrepit from the FGC, when will we find the elixir of rejuvenation?!

smurfx

get some go again
My hype levels for SFV have gone from a 10 to a 3, and that 3 is there because of the potential of FANG.
i went from a 1 to about 7. like you i'm waiting on fang. hardest part for me right now is getting used to the slow ass gameplay. marvel has spoiled me. -_-

You know your game isn't that hype when Maximilian is on & off with his excitement levels. That guy is usually all aboard the hype train but last night he was less than thrilled for quite a while.

BadWolf

You know your game isn't that hype when Maximilian is on & off with his excitement levels. That guy is usually all aboard the hype train but last night he was less than thrilled for quite a while.

Meanwhile Infiltration, FChamp, Juicebox, Alex Valle etc. were loving the game.

Who to trust...

I don't remember people bashing parry as much as people are focus attacks. In fact I'm sure people didn't. Because parry was seen entirely differently than focus attacks.

He's right actually. When 4 was new people were praising it as a game closer to ST and not like 3s.

People liked the idea of chip kills. 100% guaranteed situations. You can't parry out of this fireball chip kill.

Now with SF5 coming out people don't want chip kills. It's funny.

And to be quite frank with you, people have been only bashing focus attack within the past year or so. I know it because when sfxt was out, one of the key elements that people said was great about it was that it didn't have a focus attack, but the greater fgc didn't *get* that yet.

smurfx

get some go again
Meanwhile Infiltration, FChamp, Juicebox, Alex Valle etc. were loving the game.

Who to trust...
eh many pro players also loved sfxt and we know how that went. it doesn't seem like a boring game to watch at this point so its not likely to go down the same route.

I'm having a ton of fun with it. I suck at execution, especially in a match, but I feel like the game's easy enough to where I can efficiently do mixups and v-trigger combos, and even some CC combos.

Swarna

It's kind of irrelevant because you already know this game isn't going anywhere. Worst case scenario it's the most popular fighting game for years simply due to the modern business model and the strength of the IP. My biggest complaint is that it looks like ass. The backgrounds look like they're from a PS2 game and if we have to look at that shit for a long time...like, it looks like the textures are supposed to load in but they never do.

BadWolf

eh many pro players also loved sfxt and we know how that went. it doesn't seem like a boring game to watch at this point so its not likely to go down the same route.

Wasn't there that series of tweets where Justin went from hating on MVC3 to loving it once he started winning?

Their opinions really don't matter all that much in the end. SFV will do well regardless of whether they like it or not, the game isn't comparable to SFXT at all.

I'm having a ton of fun with it. I suck at execution, especially in a match, but I feel like the game's easy enough to where I can efficiently do mixups and v-trigger combos, and even some CC combos.

This is great to hear, some are hating on the easier execution but imo the more people that can get into the game the better.

Deps

SF5 is everything I want from a SF game, can't wait. My only worry is that Capcom will add some shitty new mechanic because people are crying that it doesn't have enough "depth". The game right now is basic SF at its best, doesn't need anything else.

shaowebb

This is a big thing IMO. I fall asleep watching SF IV. Just dull to watch. The footsie play in SFV excites me though. I see a lot more shuffling around and the last hit is one that I see becoming a real intense one not to lose the way SFV is setup compared to SFIV. Its more impressive to watch to me.

Take it for what it is though. I couldn't stand the art and the snail pacing of SFIV and got bored fast with it. I'm finding this one more exciting. Playable even to someone like me.
Still think ASW and KOF are gonna be the real treats this year though.

It's kind of irrelevant because you already know this game isn't going anywhere. Worst case scenario it's the most popular fighting game for years simply due to the modern business model and the strength of the IP. My biggest complaint is that it looks like ass. The backgrounds look like they're from a PS2 game and if we have to look at that shit for a long time...like, it looks like the textures are supposed to load in but they never do.
If the absolute worst thing about a fighting game is the graphics of all things, then that's nothing to worry about.

shaowebb

If the absolute worst thing about a fighting game is the graphics of all things, then that's nothing to worry about.

Sweet! Fuck yoooooooooooou specular and ambient occlusion maps. I'm gonna go back to work on other stuff!
Not really. This makes me excited for the potential player base of KOF 14 being higher though.

KoF though.

Oh, OK. Usually when I see ten on a scale I think it's the top. Sorry >.>

Basically went 10📉0📈3 with the addition of Fang
Pizarro clarified my intent, thanks man.

i went from a 1 to about 7. like you i'm waiting on fang. hardest part for me right now is getting used to the slow ass gameplay. marvel has spoiled me. -_-
Yeah, it could use more speed on jumps.

Nah, it is bad once UltraDavid complains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom