• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTopo

Banned
If Tokido or Full Schedule were a pad player.

MandoPS4.jpg

Homer Simpson's controller.

latest

shaowebb

I need mahvel, might be time to pick up anime games

I tried this and didnt work out lol. Xrd is fun tho but still..

Combofiend makes every character look good when facing Mike "4th place" Ross
You want melty or arcana heart
Or Skullgirls

Yeah, I'm gonna second both Skullgirls and Arcana Heart here for the Marvel needs...Skullgirls is by far the closest though. Arcana Heart is great though and really deserves more play. Every Arcana is like equipping an entire character's worth of tools onto any character you want. Custom xfactor abilities is a part of that too. Major differences though make it far less marvel than Skullgirls is, but its still got that super deep excitement too it though it has its own spin on it. Homing dashes and homing dash cancels instead of wave dashing and clashable/nonclashable attacks are the biggest differences.

Definitely try it out sometime. I can't say anything much for the waifu aesthetic, but the gameplay is fucking great. As for Melty Blood I've yet to play it. Anyone here able to elaborate on it?

Didn't they say something about not just not nerfing everything during balancing in that vid?

Talking about their plan for revisions once the game is actually released, not beta phases.

I want all of the zoners and charge characters, we already have plenty of grapplers, but we could use more, I need everything I can get to make rushdown obsessed scrubs mad. :p

you can play footsies with any character tho

or are you saying you want shit to just throw out without giving a fuck what the other guy is doing and they have to hold that

Had a small local Ultra SFIV tournament at our weeklies yesterday and I got super bodied. First game I lost because the other player was far better but second game I lost because I got too worked up from dropped combos and simple mistakes. Been going to tournaments for a couple years and it’s crazy that I can still be affected by jitters.

Asked for some FT5s with people including the guy that put me out of the tournament. Won most of them so that at least boosted my confidence a bit but really need to work on my tournament play. Really need to re-establish my execution too, I feel like I got it to a great point but it’s kind of degraded because I haven’t put the time in recently.

I still think tournament play is the most fun you’ll ever have playing fighting games but it’s just a whole other ball game to casuals, even tiny and irrelevant tournaments.

Kumubou

Definitely try it out sometime. I can't say anything much for the waifu aesthetic, but the gameplay is fucking great. As for Melty Blood I've yet to play it. Anyone here able to elaborate on it?
There's a lot of things that someone would expect from a Marvel game that aren't in Melty (no assists whatsoever, no pushblock) but the overall pacing does kind of match up with how MvC3 is. Where you have players playing a shitton of really involved neutral until someone gets clipped (especially since air counterhits lead to about three days of untechable hitstun, regardless of the normal used), and then they tend to eat a ton of pressure in the corner until they either can get out or die trying. The game does have universal defensive options (guard cancels, invincible activation, bursts) but they can also all be baited rather easily, but at least the damage is lower so you actually have more than one chance per round.

Regardless of all that, you should play Melty because it's a good game (and now you can actually buy it -- well, in a couple months, anyway).

DunpealD

i think its fair to criticize the way they are going atm...i dont really understand their direction as far as the character design. im not comparing the characters relative boring-ness to their previous states in this game, im comparing how boring they are as SF characters in general. like why make ryu so (seemingly) bland...especially when he has the potential for being super interesting due to stuff like his v skill and guard break fireball setups. why not emphasize those interesting points instead of downplay them?

You can now V-Trigger cancel Ryus sweep.
Which means you can guard crush setup with EX hadoken for normal sweep on quick rise and normal hadoken for crush counter sweep due to hard knockdown.

Haven't noticed other changes. He still kept the nerfs.

Since Crush Counter now also builds V-Meter, you can now do the D.E.D. option select into meterless guard crush setup. This new change probably also opens some more V-Trigger D.E.D. OS hitconfirms than the given example.
Hitting backdashes now results in counter hit which also means crush counter chance.

hitsugi

Regarding SFV and how hype or unhype it is... we won't know till the game has been out for 6 months - a year. I think that's enough time for players to familiarize themselves with however the cast ends up and find what makes them work.

To say with any degree of certainty that you know what type of changes Capcom will make down the road because they've stated their "vision" for the game is complete nonsense, though.

Ryu's cr.HK -> V-trigger cancel is so good. Especially off a CH sweep for hard knockdown into Denjin setups.

I really don't expect to see this in the latest build tbh

Ryu's cr.HK -> V-trigger cancel is so good. Especially off a CH sweep for hard knockdown into Denjin setups.

While they are removing a lot of things, I think they are adding subtle things as well. People aren't noticing because they're focusing on checking for what they know instead of experimenting for new stuff.

hitsugi

I'll definitely vouch for this. Probably the best / most interesting thing he has going for him at the moment.

DunpealD

The only guaranteed setup you can get is with CH sweep. If somebody does not quick rise ex charged denjin goes bye.
Characters like Nash, Cammy and Chun can still escape with CA though. So you will have to watch the opponents meter.

While they are removing a lot of things, I think they are adding subtle things as well. People aren't noticing because they're focusing on checking for what they know instead of experimenting for new stuff.

I think I mentioned this before, but I think his parry got buffed by reducing startup to 1 frame. Could be placebo but the amount of active frames might have increased too.

The only guaranteed setup you can get is with CH sweep. If somebody does not quick rise ex charged denjin goes bye.
Characters like Nash, Cammy and Chun can still escape with CA though. So you will have to watch the opponents meter.

Yea I know you'd be stupid to do it on a character that clearly has an answer.

DunpealD

I really doubt Ryu's parry is now one frame, unless my experience online was laggy as shit

There is still one frame where you can get counter hit before it gets active. Tested this on all available characters post 1.02 Beta.
Cannot parry R.Mikas cr.lp after blocking a fully charged st.HK, but st.lk you can. Still need Dictator to see if Ryu can parry mids after a blocked st.HK to see if it is an universal change.

notworksafe

USPS pls

Naomi parts were supposed to be delivered yesterday (package was shipped last Saturday with two day delivery...yet somehow the delivery date was Thursday. What?) Their tracking info hadn't been updated since Monday. No sign of the package on my porch.

Today I get a notice that it won't be delivered by the scheduled date (duh) and that they have no idea when it'll be delivered. Tracking info is still not updated. I'll be real salty if these arcade parts "disappear".

All I want is to play some damn CVS2 on an arcade cabinet D:

LegatoB

What joystick should I get for the PS4?
Do you want to pay less than $200? Are you cool with not having Sanwa parts? The Hori HRAP4 Kai -- it's like $120 on Amazon currently.

Do you want a very nice, and very expensive, stick? The Madcatz TE2. I like my TE2 a lot (after I replaced the plexi overlay), but I honestly can't recommend paying $100 more for it over the HRAP4 unless you're really interested in doing custom art, etc., right away.

notworksafe

Do you want to pay less than $200? Are you cool with not having Sanwa parts? The Hori HRAP4 Kai -- it's like $120 on Amazon currently.

Do you want a very nice, and very expensive, stick? The Madcatz TE2.

Hell even buying the HRAP and replacing all the parts with Sanwa would be cheaper than a TE2 right now.

phaonaut

Doesn't the current hrap have the same components as the Fighting Edge? The Fighting Edge components are pretty nice at least compared to the old hrap's.

Beckx

Hell even buying the HRAP and replacing all the parts with Sanwa would be cheaper than a TE2 right now.

I have a bunch of old sanwa buttons lying around from some mods and am giving thought to buying that new $40 hori stick just to see if I can swap out the buttons. even if they're hard wired I can always crimp on some clamps to rewire new buttons. only hitch would be if the stock buttons are shallow and there's not enough space for sanwa buttons.

joystick is probably crap but it's $40 with a tiny footprint.

jerry1594

I have a bunch of old sanwa buttons lying around from some mods and am giving thought to buying that new $40 hori stick just to see if I can swap out the buttons. even if they're hard wired I can always crimp on some clamps to rewire new buttons. only hitch would be if the stock buttons are shallow and there's not enough space for sanwa buttons.

Try Seimitsu ps-15

Man, Mika's fully charged dropkick no matter what the range doesn't combo anymore?! BOOOOOOO

It still combos into st.LK/st.LP. (Probably cr.LP/LK as well)

You can do full charge HK, st.LK~st.MP target combo xx FP.

It was a nerf but oh well. You still have options afterwards at least.

LegatoB

Isn't that mini $40 Hori stick one of their ones that's far, far too small to install any kind of real parts, with tiny baby buttons?

DunpealD

Just got it recently myself. The dimensions are 210mm x 150mm x 87mm with stick lever according to the datasheet which is in terms of length and width slightly bigger than a DVD case. Weight is 0.5kg. Cable length 2.5m. Buttons are about 20mm big.

Not sure about build quality, but from first glance it seems ok. Not a stick user myself though.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
CCCaster will surely be made compatible with Steam version so unless you care about multiplayer achievements, Steam chat and external netplay client will be the solution I guess

Im surprised how well the game works with CCCaster really. Ive had some really smooth matches these few days against a friend and I rarely experience terrible lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom