• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Aww man, fuck that. That wall bounce was hype.

Also wall cross up after the whip is gone too.
Why can't changes add to coolness and not just a step down always. Balancing is expecting but still..
Characters shouldn't be more boring as time goes on unless new mechanics are brought up

SFV training music annihilates IV's.

I'm liking the game. I haven't play anyone at all yet. Neither ranked nor casuals is working for me.

I'm liking Mika the most. Any tips with her? Her slide seems like a good option for getting under fb's, assuming they're not too close to the ground. Her anti air flips could be used for getting in as well, right?

What are some good combos with her? What's her bnb?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I can agree with that. Instead of changing properties and or damage of things they are taking it away completely. The more variety the better. A certain player also said game is pretty barebones and time is running out until release.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this 5-6 months ago and everyone though I was crazy. The game feels kinda dry, its great in terms of footsies and fundamentals but I feel spoiled from playing SF4 and having a variety of actions to use. Sure optimal damage is a thing, but you can't just use a blanket statement like that and expect someone to do it 100% of the time. I'll still play SFV but I'm hoping the competitive scene proves me wrong and can squeeze out some creativity from the game.

I have been set free from my last Final.

YAAAYYY YAAAAYYYYY YYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY~

That'll be me next week Friday. I'll get plastered and forget I ever took the exam.

SFV training music annihilates IV's.

I'm liking the game. I haven't play anyone at all yet. Neither ranked nor casuals is working for me.

I'm liking Mika the most. Any tips with her? Her slide seems like a good option for getting under fb's, assuming they're not too close to the ground. Her anti air flips could be used for getting in as well, right?

What are some good combos with her? What's her bnb?

There's probably a bunch of YouTube videos with combos for her, I know her best combo for beginners is jump fierce, fierce, qcf fierce x3

I'm not too sure if her fierce will actually combo tho so if that doesn't work, try strong.

Btw, fierce is heavy punch and strong is medium punch, just in case.

Shouta

Mika's charged st.hk had the advantage frames reduced enough that you can't do f.mp or st.mp from anymore. It works on crush counter though.

Got up to rank 4 then didn't find anymore matches for like an hour :/. Done for tonight.

Hopefully they take more things away from Ryu just for shits sake

hitsugi

Why can't changes add to coolness and not just a step down always. Balancing is expecting but still..
Characters shouldn't be more boring as time goes on unless new mechanics are brought up

This is where people will flip out and tell you the game's not finished yet so don't worry, despite the fact every iteration of the game continues to remove ("adjust") things without compensating anywhere worthwhile.

I'm glad Max finally mentioned this, and I think it's natural to have concerns... but I also think Capcom will get it right. This is too big for them to fuck it up.

Numb

This is where people will flip out and tell you the game's not finished yet so don't worry, despite the fact every iteration of the game continues to remove ("adjust") things without compensating anywhere worthwhile.

I'm glad Max finally mentioned this, and I think it's natural to have concerns... but I also think Capcom will get it right. This is too big for them to fuck it up.

Indeed.
Took the that into consideration aswell.
If it helps with not launching with a broken game i'm cool with especially since no arcade.

Nightii

Banned
Betas were a mistake?

I'm enjoying training mode, "nerfed" Vega is plenty of fun for me, but I constantly have to remind myself not to charge lol.

Swarna

Some people just have no self-control over their emotions. Sucks being them. Some of you might wanna stop looking forward to SF5 here and now because the design goals are clear and a lot more of this "fun" will get chopped off up until release.

I'm looking forward to bland sf.

Dahbomb

Some people just have no self-control over their emotions. Sucks being them. Some of you might wanna stop looking forward to SF5 here and now because the design goals are clear and a lot more of this "fun" will get chopped off up until release.

This post is kinda passive aggressive.

Swarna

This post is kinda passive aggressive.

On the contrary it's probably in the interests of those losing interest over changes to minute (in the grand scheme of things) details in the beta version of a game to stop following the game. It will make for increased interest at launch or will save a lot of time otherwise.

Not liking state B of a game because you knew what state A was like vs. if you just had known state B and being the none-the-wiser is a situation where feelings are taking priority over straight up logic.

And there's going to be more of these kinds of changes happening so I'm just sayin....lol

Shouldn't be? It makes perfect sense that the characters were at the strongest at the beginning of development. They were throwing everything at it, and seeing what to keep.

Asking for new mechanics as compensation, when that's obviously not the purpose...you're judging this like we're playing Super Street Fighter 5.

Numb

Shouldn't be? It makes perfect sense that the characters were at the strongest at the beginning of development. They were throwing everything at it, and seeing what to keep.

Asking for new mechanics as compensation, when that's obviously not the purpose...you're judging this like we're playing Super Street Fighter 5.

Didn't they say something about not just not nerfing everything during balancing in that vid?

Essay

Grinded out three dozen hotel room matches against Dora's Chipp. Once the adrenaline finally dies down, I'm going to sleep deeply tonight.

Nightii

Banned
Didn't they say something about not just not nerfing everything during balancing in that vid?
This is technically not balancing, though, it's developing of the game. I mean, I sorta get why Max doesn't see it, dude has gotten to play it so many times he must forget it hasn't really come out yet.

If it happens post-release you may complain.

I'm looking forward to seeing the salt from people who weren't looking towards bland SF. Capcom will definitely play it safe with their fighter equivalent of the goose that lays golden eggs.

Numb

This is technically not balancing, though, it's developing of the game. I mean, I sorta get why Max doesn't see it, dude has gotten to play it so many times he must forget it hasn't really come out yet.

I ain't complaining. Already expected changes. Still annoying tho and makes the game boring.

petghost

Banned

i think its fair to criticize the way they are going atm...i dont really understand their direction as far as the character design. im not comparing the characters relative boring-ness to their previous states in this game, im comparing how boring they are as SF characters in general. like why make ryu so (seemingly) bland...especially when he has the potential for being super interesting due to stuff like his v skill and guard break fireball setups. why not emphasize those interesting points instead of downplay them?

This. After the game launches, Capcom is going to be doing everything in their power to keep the game thriving. If people aren't happy with how weak the characters are, Capcom will buff them. They really need to keep this game alive for as long as possible. Besides, I'm pretty sure Combofiend has already said that Capcom is going to try to avoid nerfing characters post-launch. If that's the case, it would make sense for all of the characters to start off a little weak.

Numb

Gotta go as safe as possible that first round.
Haven't they heard of patches and NetherRealm?
pls dont be like that tho

I'm thinking that they are starting the characters off as simple and weak so new players have an easier time getting into the game and slowly buffing/balancing them as time goes on.

After seeing Woshige completely body Combofiend in the FT2 they did, I'm sure the actual devs have a pretty good grasp of how the game works

just a hunch though

Marz

Barebones SF might be a good thing. Complete Focus on fundamentals and character matchups instead of stupid shit like OS's and setups. Ultra SFIV is complicated and thats ok because the game had been out for so long but it was a ton of shit to learn.

But yea the cast is pretty meh at the moment so i dont think ill get super serious about V until Sagat shows up.

Nightii

Banned
I want all of the zoners and charge characters, we already have plenty of grapplers, but we could use more, I need everything I can get to make rushdown obsessed scrubs mad. :p

Dahbomb

There's no character that really suits my style in SFV yet. Closest is Chun Li. I will probably just end up playing a character like Cammy when the game comes out.

Line_HTX

Gotta go as safe as possible that first round.
Haven't they heard of patches and NetherRealm?
pls dont be like that tho

That's a guaranteed way to kill the scene and stop showing up for tournaments. I still can't believe UltraDavid tried to express his concerns only to get shouted down on TYM.

As for characters, I might try out both R. Mika and Karin. Can't say no to the blonde hair.

Numb

That's a guaranteed way to kill the scene and stop showing up for tournaments. I still can't believe UltraDavid tried to express his concerns only to get shouted down on TYM.

As for characters, I might try out both R. Mika and Karin. Can't say no to the blonde hair.

Every tourny different from last due to patches. Not fun.
Sure SFV will sell alot on name and years of hype alone. MKX got that casual money.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If Tokido or Full Schedule were a pad player.

MandoPS4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom