• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

petghost

Banned
i watched that daigo manga trailer thing like 40 times the last 2 days so i think its prolly time i join the fanclub with rice and kida.

shaowebb

Still at my family's place for another 3 days. Just got UNIEL, Phantom Breaker Extra, and Dengeki Bunko and I can't play yet. Goin kinda stir crazy with wanting to dig through the rosters, tools, and make notes on shit as I play and I cant yet. Found a few things in vids worth making notes on that excite me and I hope to keep finding inspired stuff in it. Hoping these dont end up like Aquapazza which ended up a dead end for noteworthy stuff to learn from. Whole game was tried and true tools. Most I found was someone using TVC Roll tools and a bad gimmick involving negative emotion.

Plus there is at least 1 more coming as well tomorrow ...gonna be so twitchy for the lab and my notebooks saturday night. Dont know if I'll get hooked on any thing and wanna get dedicated to them, but I live and breathe Fighting Game researching and I am definitely gonna be busy for a few months trying to get a feel for various tools, rhythms and inputs. Im signed up on facebook for groups on all of these for me to run sets with so the research should go well.

If anyone know of any unique or odd characters in these games I should focus my time on early then feel free to chime in. Weirder the better.

Sayad

There's one benefit to practicing on PS3 version, though: Execution. Console is stricter on half circles so it trains you to do them clean instead of something like 4236.
Huh! Are you sure that short cut isn't in consoles? I do QCB HCF super motion as QCB QCF since the console version!

petghost

Banned
Should be a lot less if

Throws are a lot worse in this version
5 frames
Less range
More recovery

i think we'll see about the same amount tbh. i think they made them worse because they understand the risk of getting counter hit while sticking out a button or contesting a blockstring is super high and lights get stuffed by heavier buttons despite being quicker. i think those kind of risks make walk in throw or button after a short blockstring or something a very powerful little mixup. the game is gonna be kinda turn based in a VF way imo. abare gonna be a ballsy thing to do.

BadWolf

The Pakistani player went 9-10 against Madkof.

Madkof ended up whipping out Kula for the final match and winning with an OCV.

kirblar

i think we'll see about the same amount tbh. i think they made them worse because they understand the risk of getting counter hit while sticking out a button or contesting a blockstring is super high and lights get stuffed by heavier buttons despite being quicker. i think those kind of risks make walk in throw or button after a short blockstring or something a very powerful little mixup. the game is gonna be kinda turn based in a VF way imo. abare gonna be a ballsy thing to do.
You definitely need to set up throws in this game, and teching on wakeup carries a lot of risks now.

The real secret tech in SF5 will be crossup throw on wakeup.

Did that to a few people last time I played and they broke around 1 in 6 throw attempts after jumping over them on their wakeup.

Still at my family's place for another 3 days. Just got UNIEL, Phantom Breaker Extra, and Dengeki Bunko and I can't play yet. Goin kinda stir crazy with wanting to dig through the rosters, tools, and make notes on shit as I play and I cant yet. Found a few things in vids worth making notes on that excite me and I hope to keep finding inspired stuff in it. Hoping these dont end up like Aquapazza which ended up a dead end for noteworthy stuff to learn from. Whole game was tried and true tools. Most I found was someone using TVC Roll tools and a bad gimmick involving negative emotion.

Plus there is at least 1 more coming as well tomorrow ...gonna be so twitchy for the lab and my notebooks saturday night. Dont know if I'll get hooked on any thing and wanna get dedicated to them, but I live and breathe Fighting Game researching and I am definitely gonna be busy for a few months trying to get a feel for various tools, rhythms and inputs. Im signed up on facebook for groups on all of these for me to run sets with so the research should go well.

If anyone know of any unique or odd characters in these games I should focus my time on early then feel free to chime in. Weirder the better.

I'm no Dengeki Bunko fan, but the little girl that plays basketball was real weird when i tried her. I had a decent amount of fun with Misaka and Kirito though.

Producer

Kuroneko best girl. Kirino is stinky.

Thats not very nice.

She's really good, but i didn't play her. I was playing local with my friend and that's his main so i just chose other people because i wanted to see the whole cast.

Man one thing about DFC, the assists should have been playable. I wanted to play Koko Kaga. I'll probably get Ignition now, with 2 index characters being playable.

Man one thing about DFC, the assists should have been playable. I wanted Koko Kaga to be playable. I'll probably get Ignition now that 2 index characters are playable.

You don't know how much I'd pay for Holo from S&W and Alica from VC to be full characters. Also agree that I'm glad that Ignition will at least have Kuroko. I really like her character and think she'll have a fun moveset.

It's funny because I can't react to throws for shit in Blazblue with it's large window while I could actually predict some enemy throws in SF5 which as far as I know is a lot less generous on the throw break opportunity.

Throws in SFV are cancer. Terrible animations, terrible range, and you can quick rise after them.

Yeah they should make throws like in Jojo's. Throw loops, unblockable setups, godlike.

get on my level
PRy9WDgh.jpg

My Jacky looks like Dio Brando kreygasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom