• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Character loyalty isn't why he lost though.

its cause he's a fuccboi

nkA6K6lp6ccb6.gif

Chair knockdown tech

im glad someone giffed it

Is KOF13 worth $3.99 on Steam if I already have it on PS3?

im down to buy it to learn stick with it

LK lol

Throws in SFV are cancer. Terrible animations, terrible range, and you can quick rise after them.

git gud m8, play 3rd strike

shaowebb

I'm no Dengeki Bunko fan, but the little girl that plays basketball was real weird when i tried her. I had a decent amount of fun with Misaka and Kirito though.
Yeah, I keep seeing her in vids. I love the super where her whole basketball team each does an attack then the screen goes black and suddenly a color explosion goes off as they strike a Power Rangers pose in front of it. Pretty fun stuff. We need a sentai fighting game character with a similar super.

what about Kirino? isn't she top tier in that game.
*makes mental note to check this*
Kuroneko best girl. Kirino is stinky.
*makes footnote*
Man one thing about DFC, the assists should have been playable. I wanted to play Koko Kaga. I'll probably get Ignition now, with 2 index characters being playable.
Agreed.I'd love to play as Celty from Durara and Dokuro Chan. Especially Celty. Kamen Rider Dullahan lol. Closest I'll get to getting Akira from Rival Schools back.
Main thing this game and Arcana Heart need though is to put visual gifs on screen SHOWING what you are equipping. It'd be nice to not have to memorize every assist and all it'd take is a quick gif showing what that selected assist does on screen.Maybe a few notes like armor frame 1-5 or something...

I really dig that every assist has 2 moves though. Pick a character, choose an assist, get 2 moves. Marvel was mainly front load a dude with 2 assists so picking a single assist and having 2 versions of it to call is nice. Either press assist or press assist + direction to choose which one you want. An AA one and a GTFO one is nice to find in one selection. Means you can choose for one assist but still get a backup tool just in case. I wish TVC had something like that. Be nice to use Karas' AA as an assist instead of the sword spin.

vocab

It's funny because I can't react to throws for shit in Blazblue with it's large window while I could actually predict some enemy throws in SF5 which as far as I know is a lot less generous on the throw break opportunity.

I have more of a problem with Purple throws. Purple throws are the dumbest fucking thing in any fighting game ever. It's so jarring, and no other game should copy it period.

play 3rd strike

I rather drink bleach.

petghost

Banned
im new to the game but im getting the impression that single elim team tournaments like coop cup are a really good format for 3s because they soften the effect of tiers to a certain extent. like im watching an old coop cup and genki alex is doing work against chuns etc. which seems like something he might wind up losing in a long set due to character disadvantage. watching a team of necros tear shit up too.

Tripon

Throws are fucking great when the lag is there. Try to guess when to tech. You can't because lol, we are playing like somebody has a lag switch built in.

jerry1594

im new to the game but im getting the impression that single elim team tournaments like coop cup are a really good format for 3s because they soften the effect of tiers to a certain extent. like im watching an old coop cup and genki alex is doing work against chuns etc. which seems like something he might wind up losing in a long set due to character disadvantage. watching a team of necros tear shit up too.
Yeah that's the reason it's the preferred format for it and ST. Otherwise you'd see less variety in top 8 and stuff.

Really looking forward to this, I think this is the 3rd year they're doing this. It's fun to watch them start cracking about 8+ hours in because they're getting desperate and restless. Since so many top players play online over there, they're dealing with real competition instead of your typical good online player with 4kpp. I remember Poongko was constantly always trying to get in there room and he would also play random select like they did. Hopefully they struggle again because I want to see them desperate again. I wish some top Americans would get together to do the same thing. It would be really fun to watch since we can actually understand them.

They're not doing random select this year because Nyanshi said it was basically torture for the topanga members. lol

They're going to have the ft7 between Mago and Momochi and they bantered each other off during the show. They're going to do other stuff besides that. Maybe play other fighting games.

Congrats Markman. That fan made Daigo video is blowing up on Nico Nico. Daigoat with that marketability.

vocab

Can't throw tech a pretty much 30 frame throw tech window?

Nah, it's not that. It's getting thrown during blockstun. Games usually have protection against that. No other game really has that. When I realize I got thrown it's too late to tech. I can tech the harder throws easier because they make sense. If you play nothing but BB, ya you will get used to it, but I'm a casual BB player and I never will. I think teching command grabs like that too is even worse because you can't tech command grabs regularly. Not a mechanic I find interesting or enjoyable to play with.

Kumubou

Nah, it's not that. It's getting thrown during blockstun. Games usually have protection against that. No other game really has that. When I realize I got thrown it's too late to tech. I can tech the harder throws easier because they make sense. If you play nothing but BB, ya you will get used to it, but I'm a casual BB player and I never will. I think teching command grabs like that too is even worse because you can't tech command grabs regularly. Not a mechanic I find interesting or enjoyable to play with.
If I had to guess as to why purple throws get added to games, it's to make tick throw setup a bit less punishing when you screw one up. In most games, if you try to throw someone too early you just whiff your throw and get lit up because you were possibly a frame or two early. Now it's likely that you have a broken throw and get reset to neutral, but that's better than whiffing one and getting blown up.

I know in UNIEL they actually matter, because there are instances where gold throws are useful -- specifically, when you catch someone shielding in blockstun close to use. They're also guaranteed if you manage to throw someone during the startup of a move (although it doesn't work if they're mashing on wake-up, since the game still has traditional throw protection when getting up from a knockdown).

My bro in law had his PS3 in his room in storage so we were able to play MvC2 and other fighting games. Truly a Christmas miracle.

Edit: Dear Santa, I hope I don't get bodied in SF5 and MvC4 becomes a thing.

Rhapsody

Banned
I have more of a problem with Purple throws. Purple throws are the dumbest fucking thing in any fighting game ever. It's so jarring, and no other game should copy it period.

Purple throws fit BB for me because of how TRM setups work, so I don't mind having it in that particular game. It's a neat way to punish people trying to "safely" tech with barrier throw tech OS.

UNIEL has gold throws too which is also there to punish people that are shielding in your blockstrings.

So I guess I'm fine as long as it's part of a bigger plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom