• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have now played these games that are basically impossible to play outside of japan

Blazblue central fiction
Guilty gear xrd revelator
Dengeki bunko fighting climax ignition
UNIEL ST
Blade Arcus

UNIEL St's new character has me thinking I'll get into that game once it hits the states.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
okay, how the fuck do i map/configure my fightstick so it doesnt default to my keyboard?
cant read japanese either.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I've never used fight cade, but you could always just map your stick to keyboard inputs with something like joy2key. That's how I used my ps3 stick on sfv beta

argh, if it comes down to that ill do so. there is always some amount of lag with those 3rd party programs.

There's no way to do so as far as I know. I just end up remapping my buttons when it happens.

i mean how do i even remap my buttons in the first place. plus there is this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fightcade/comments/2z2buv/fightcade_controller_program_to_setup_keys_for/

but i need to know where the hell in fightcade i go to to reconfigure my buttons ;_; people dont even mention whether its in actions or setting or what have you

i mean how do i even remap my buttons in the first place. plus there is this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fightcade/comments/2z2buv/fightcade_controller_program_to_setup_keys_for/

but i need to know where the hell in fightcade i go to to reconfigure my buttons ;_; people dont even mention whether its in actions or setting or what have you

Oh, you need to remap your buttons for every game. When you launch one press F5 and it'll bring up the key bindings. There you can remap.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Oh, you need to remap your buttons for every game. When you launch one press F5 and it'll bring up the key bindings. There you can remap.

i just figured that out and went to player 1 and picked joystick 0 and normal but it wont even recognize my fightstick for the input when i double click the buttons with my keyboard ;_;

Its been 2 hours and ive given up for now

vocab

w97w079.jpg

You map your buttons on a game basis. And it will only save inputs on proper exit. You just double click, say p1 coin for example, and a window will come up, and you hit a button or direction on your stick, and it auto detects the input. You do this with every single input for Player 1. If it doesn't detect an input, then it's your stick.

What stick do you have? Does it work for actual native pc games? Is it one of those shitty ass TE1's with the old ass host controller? I'm betting it works, but you don't know what you are doing. lol two hours.

i just figured that out and went to player 1 and picked joystick 0 and normal but it wont even recognize my fightstick for the input when i double click the buttons with my keyboard ;_;

Its been 2 hours and ive given up for now

Hmm, well then I don't know. I just press f5 and bind keys. Don't even select the player or input method. My stick is PC compatible tho.

Line_HTX

So I have now played these games that are basically impossible to play outside of japan

Blazblue central fiction
UNIEL ST
Blade Arcus

UNIEL St's new character has me thinking I'll get into that game once it hits the states.

Ignition is already out on JP console.

jerry1594

w97w079.jpg

You map your buttons on a game basis. And it will only save inputs on proper exit. You just double click, say p1 coin for example, and a window will come up, and you hit a button or direction on your stick, and it auto detects the input. You do this with every single input for Player 1. If it doesn't detect an input, then it's your stick.

What stick do you have? Does it work for actual native pc games? Is it one of those shitty ass TE1's with the old ass host controller? I'm betting it works, but you don't know what you are doing. lol two hours.
You can save inputs by clicking this Misc. tab I think, havent been on in a good minute, and save input mapping now.

Perro

Time to become a keyboard warrior Yams.
I've never had trouble config my buttons, but never had to do it for a stick or pad soooo, also how did you get the emulator in japanese? lmao

Line_HTX

The guy?

Also nah, she's a smart underclassman who likes to be like Sherlock. She makes the hard reads super fast and yomis effectively.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Christmas almost finished over here in the land of kimchi. For those of you whose xmas just started, hope y'all have a good onethe ^_^

Kumubou

『Inaba Resident』;190391606 said:
Because they've been working on Dengeki
Or a new Melty Blood. :x

Both UNIEST's and DFCI's release felt rather sudden, and people from both French Bread and Type-Moon have dropped some not-so-subtle hints. The impression I get is that both projects were cut a bit short so that they could move most of their staff over, since it's becoming apparent that the Tsukihime remake is coming out sometime this century (and hopefully before Idolmaster 3 comes out, or we may never see the game).

shaowebb

Blazblue central fiction
UNIEL ST
Blade Arcus

How does the new veil system feel in in UNIELST? It sounded like HD mode comboland from KOF13 in its description.

Dahbomb

Someone gave me a PSN card.

Didn't know what to buy with it, saw that the Taken King upgrade was on sale and bought it. I guess I am part of the problem now lol.

How does the new veil system feel in in UNIELST? It sounded like HD mode comboland from KOF13 in its description.
unfortunately I couldnt tell you, I've barely played UNIEL. I just decided to screw around with ST since Phonon looked fun, and she is. I wont be digging in until ST finally hits consoles

shaowebb

unfortunately I couldnt tell you, I've barely played UNIEL. I just decided to screw around with ST since Phonon looked fun, and she is. I wont be digging in until ST finally hits consoles
Are you able to give an opinion on how big a difference the Blaster characters and the new ignition/double ignition tools make on Dengeki Bunko Ignition compared to climax?

Used to you picked one support but now you pick one plus a Blaster character that boosts that supports stuff somehow. Plus the whole ignition systen seems like you get to choose comeback perk of more atk, more blast meter or faster use of supports with bonuses alotted if you choose the same perk both rounds. It sounded neat on paper but I dont have enough experience with the game to tell what is a huge difference or not in combos and stuff. I know in air support summoning sounded neat in double ignition but I couldnt tell ya if its a game changer.

How do you all feel about hitstun decay / untech time expiration combo systems? For me, it feels really odd that some combos work or don't depending on the starter or combo length even though the situation is the same. Doesn't help that some moves have tons of untechable time and you can chain them together for a long time.

.la1n

Someone gave me a PSN card.

Didn't know what to buy with it, saw that the Taken King upgrade was on sale and bought it. I guess I am part of the problem now lol.

Don't feel bad I never touched Destiny but since the taken king bundle was on sale I jumped in. Don't regret it, gun play feels great and I can't help but love loot games.

I learned long ago don't listen to GAF majority on games.

Rhapsody

Banned
Or a new Melty Blood. :x

Both UNIEST's and DFCI's release felt rather sudden, and people from both French Bread and Type-Moon have dropped some not-so-subtle hints. The impression I get is that both projects were cut a bit short so that they could move most of their staff over, since it's becoming apparent that the Tsukihime remake is coming out sometime this century (and hopefully before Idolmaster 3 comes out, or we may never see the game).

No, you can't fool me this Christmas morning. I won't let you.

How do you all feel about hitstun decay / untech time expiration combo systems? For me, it feels really odd that some combos work or don't depending on the starter or combo length even though the situation is the same. Doesn't help that some moves have tons of untechable time and you can chain them together for a long time.
Great mechanic. Allows developers to give lots of hitstun on moves for combo flexibility and variation without worrying about infinites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom