• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulva

I got 100 bucks in playstation bucks. Probably just gonna use them to buy various sfv things since I don't really use my ps4 for anything. I plan on mainly playing on PC for sfv so this will be nice to just get all dlc and shit so when friends come over the ps4 will be good to go.

shaowebb

Sweet! Got a new Smartphone and a replacement 360 so Ican finally enjoy my Espgaluda 2 copy. Since my wife scored a new monitor that means I got a spare 42in to tate mode and setup a shmup station as I always wanted to do with the 360 anyway. Just wall mount the old 42 in, setup the 360 on a laptop stand with a stick on the stand and the console on the media shelf section, and wheel it up beside me in bed when I wanna get my high score on. :)

This plus the 3 fighting games means one helluva good Xmas. I'll hold off a bit on Nitroplus since its supposedly close to an english launch.Jan is Koihime Enbu anyhow so this lets me stagger playtime better between UNIEL, Dengeki, Phantom Breaker Extra, BBCPEX and the ever present TVC on Dolphin. Gonna have to setup a weekly schedule for what I play between bouts in Maya/zbrush/Unity or stuff might just collect dust at this rate. So hurray for a new weekly routine.

Merry Xmas FGC gaf. I hope everyone's fight card gets as loaded as mine has :O

Line_HTX

Sweet! Got a new Smartphone and a replacement 360 so Ican finally enjoy my Espgaluda 2 copy. Since my wife scored a new monitor that means I got a spare 42in to tate mode and setup a shmup station as I always wanted to do with the 360 anyway. Just wall mount the old 42 in, setup the 360 on a laptop stand with a stick on the stand and the console on the media shelf section, and wheel it up beside me in bed when I wanna get my high score on. :)

This plus the 3 fighting games means one helluva good Xmas. I'll hold off a bit on Nitroplus since its supposedly close to an english launch.Jan is Koihime Enbu anyhow so this lets me stagger playtime better between UNIEL, Dengeki, Phantom Breaker Extra, BBCPEX and the ever present TVC on Dolphin. Gonna have to setup a weekly schedule for what I play between bouts in Maya/zbrush/Unity or stuff might just collect dust at this rate. So hurray for a new weekly routine.

Merry Xmas FGC gaf. I hope everyone's fight card gets as loaded as mine has :O

You're getting loads of offline practice in.

Merry Xmas to everyone who has a NESiCA card.

Line_HTX

Or a new Melty Blood. :x

Both UNIEST's and DFCI's release felt rather sudden, and people from both French Bread and Type-Moon have dropped some not-so-subtle hints. The impression I get is that both projects were cut a bit short so that they could move most of their staff over, since it's becoming apparent that the Tsukihime remake is coming out sometime this century (and hopefully before Idolmaster 3 comes out, or we may never see the game).

Uh-uh... That's bait.

Why would French Bread do that if idolm@ster is a Namco property? I don't see how it would relate to each other.

Professor Beef is Jesus confirmed.

Kumubou

Uh-uh... That's bait.

Why would French Bread do that if idolm@ster is a Namco property? I don't see how it would relate to each other.
It's not an issue with French Bread -- it's an issue with Type-Moon. Specifically, their lead writer. He has a reputation of getting addicted to some games (PSO, Im@s, Demon's Souls, etc.) and it's caused multiple games to be delayed. The gag there is that if the scripts for the Tsukihime remake and the new Melty Blood (remake or new game or whatever it is) aren't finished by the time Im@s 3 comes out (likely with PSVR support, no less) it'll be a wrap.

Basically, it's the same issue Berserk has had with its mangaka.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Got some money and ready to buy SFV and a DS4, it's gonna be a fun year the next one, hope everyone had fun this Christmas and lots of happiness too :)

Sayad

Fuuuuuuuuck I'm 31 now
bday_02.jpeg

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Any opinions on the Hori Fighting Commander 4? I'm considering either picking that up or struggling to learn stick again.

Zissou

How do you all feel about hitstun decay / untech time expiration combo systems? For me, it feels really odd that some combos work or don't depending on the starter or combo length even though the situation is the same. Doesn't help that some moves have tons of untechable time and you can chain them together for a long time.

I like it, especially when combined (as it usually is) with damage scaling. Reasons:

1) prevent infinites while allowing creativity/improvisation.

2) short easy combos aren't THAT much worse than difficult optimized combos. This means it's easy to experience something approximating the 'real' game sooner, i.e., if easy basic combos only do 20% less damage than optimized combos, you can learn those and focus more on the neutral game and experiment with the more meaningful part of the game/character.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
w97w079.jpg

You map your buttons on a game basis. And it will only save inputs on proper exit. You just double click, say p1 coin for example, and a window will come up, and you hit a button or direction on your stick, and it auto detects the input. You do this with every single input for Player 1. If it doesn't detect an input, then it's your stick.

What stick do you have? Does it work for actual native pc games? Is it one of those shitty ass TE1's with the old ass host controller? I'm betting it works, but you don't know what you are doing. lol two hours.

whoo.png

Hmm, well then I don't know. I just press f5 and bind keys. Don't even select the player or input method. My stick is PC compatible tho.

That's what I'll try doing. So many people wanted to play me lol

Wow I hate being old and 24

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Welcome to being 25 in a year buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom