• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shackzam

Nope but it can be canceled into a v-skill dash. Combine that with her command grab and you got some dirty tech with Laura.
I was testing how doing v-skill cancelling normals were on block and I put the reversal as cr.lp and I was just punishing her. I was trying to hold back, but it did this for all most of her normals besides st.mp which is safe on block. I feel Laura's have to get trickier with their pressure to get anywhere when everyone starts actually recognizing punishes.

Sf5 has a lot of small bits on knowing when to punish and it will be tricky to keep all of this small information and use it at the same time.

ShinMaruku

For real. Every time I see your non-DoA gameplay I am on the verge of cringing.
Get into the trenches like Cindi, learn the basics and application like Frame data, hitboxes, footsies, hitconfirms, etc.

Also for those who say "My normals get wrecked by his/her normals". Juicebox is probably going to say footsies.

If you don't, don't expect to play and get better. You will still get wrecked in SFIV, SFV, SFVI, ..., SF∞. Lose 1000 more times and you will still not get satisfactory progress, because you are not capable of reflecting on your matches beyond a shallow level.
The fact that you think you cannot learn from higher level play means you do not possess the base for a >novice, scrub player or any basis for meaningful deeper advice. Anything else than "stop jumping so much" is going to be above your level.
This is on you. Put in the time. Learn it once, learn it forever, get better.
You got to exactly why I say watching some super high level person is useless to me, I would be better off watching it being narrated in Swahili. I obviously don't have the best to get any information out of a clip,it's pointless and I think far too many people who got into the scene forget how much you must put in. Must learn motions what move to use, then you get into the hard shit like spacing and when to throw out buttons. It's all a bunch of shit. :p

Tis why I took a long ass break from SF and enjoyed my DOA time because I have that game's vocabulary down and I have great people to play with. Not so in SF too much bellends and what not.
567E2B6D4C07B50012

shaowebb

TvC was pretty doo-doo though.

Beaten. TVC is fantastic. Baroque/Mega crash feels way better than xfactor ever did. It has its flaws like being on a Wii, and giants, and meh command lists, but it was one of the first 3d made so it was breaking a lot of new ground on a console that was never really able to provide the hardware it deserved. Dolphin pretty much proves how fun it ould have gotten if you could just enjoy decent online and good sticks in general. Sad though if its built upon the engine I believe it to be. If so there are reasons it was Wii only and why it wasn't developed for other consoles or ever will be without completely starting over (and I aint talking licensing issues).

Id take a TVC2 and never look back. Everyone needs more Polimar in their lives.
so, akihabara really is everything its billed to be. I snagged some blazblue swag, including a new D button, and some shit to fuck around with at weekly meetups
Nice! Enjoy Ignition! Pretty damned solid French Bread game. Also I cant remember if its nitroplus blasterz or Ignition there that has a free character as DLC but you should check that. Oh and enjoy Blade Arcus for what it is. Its pretty bare bones no online stuff and as a tag fighter it doesn't try to break any boundaries. However, in spite of what some say I wouldn't call it bad just "safe" and not as exciting as many others in the market at the time. I enjoy watching some of the combos Rick uses in that game along with whoever the girl in the red dress is who places all the Parasoul style bombs in the air. Good stuff but nothing incedible. On a scale of one to 10 I'd put it around...6.

EDIT: Misty! Thats the projectile user. Shes fun. Try her. Also look up MELTY from this game folks...she is a Xmas themed witch who fights with popsicles and icecream who is pretty entertaining.

Heres some tournament play of Blade Arcus from this month for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom