• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll only be glorious if there's as much man candy as there is for the women. But it won't, because that makes DOA's target audience mad. Instead, it'll be "I refuse to play this" tier.

ShinMaruku

There are many reasons why most on here will never play it. And that is fine. I am never playing Tekken them asking for the time I can make 70 a hour can kiss my ass.

What is going on in that last sentence?

image.php

Line_HTX

Tekken requires the equivalent of a masters thesis in molecular biology to reach ground level. That time is not worth it.

LOL, I gotcha. It took me quite a bit of time to at least understand most situations and happenings in Tekken. I'm glad I stuck with it though. It was worth it and I'm happy it was my first fighter I decided to take seriously, lol

It's a university classroom which I know you like.

;P

ShinMaruku

It does? I thought you just had to mash out target combos

Kappa

You joke but watch most people try Tekken 7. There will be a drop off and it will be as designed. It wants a certain type of person and it will get it. If the people who play it want it to take over they are insane. :p

Line_HTX

You joke but watch most people try Tekken 7. There will be a drop off and it will be as designed. It wants a certain type of person and it will get it. If the people who play it want it to take over they are insane. :p

I would like it to be more popular in the US and not be so SF-centric like David says.

ShinMaruku

I would like it to be more popular in the US and not be so SF-centric like David says.

I'd love for more games to be more popular in the FGC, but it won't be unless the other games get people outside the fgc into their fanbases. The Base FGC can be clannish and hypocritical as all hell. You need something with more outsiders. Tekken and it's approach will not do that. Which is fine, for those who are into Tekken, it's great, you have all you want.

Line_HTX

I'd love for more games to be more popular in the FGC, but it won't be unless the other games get people outside the fgc into their fanbases. The Base FGC can be clannish and hypocritical as all hell. You need something with more outsiders. Tekken and it's approach will not do that. Which is fine, for those who are into Tekken, it's great, you have all you want.

Put more idolm@ster into Tekken and get those casual JP crowds. Inflate the popularity and worldwide sales with that shiet. And I'mma drag you into Tekken and you'll like it.

DeKappa

ShinMaruku

The fanservice will get some capital out of some people but I doubt it will increase the base. Either they do a real reset of the hire some leaning psychologists and find a way to break down their game properly and price it in grades that would be self sustaining. However just doing what they are doing raising the arcade price, doing consoles with DLC will get them the margins they need.

ShinMaruku

Are you guys seriously telling me games need more fanservice and you want otaku breath people in our fold? You want more Aris'? Why?

What I am saying is you need different people in the fold to move the scene from just Capcom aligned. Nothing is said about more or less fanservice. And as for Otaku breath people, have you been to a major and had them smells? One and the same. :p

Line_HTX

Are you guys seriously telling me games need more fanservice and you want otaku breath people in our fold? You want more Aris'? Why?

The idolm@ster wasn't that serious. It doesn't even sell decently overseas.

And I'm not sure what Aris has to do with it. I'm certain he's not into that either.

ShinMaruku

And that reaction to go directly into implying we were saying anything about otaku is also something against the scene going anywhere when you have these ideas about what we were even talking about.

Just saying we need outside people to add to a scene. It's mainly the same people. It's why I said nobody will play DOA. The whole "If a game is solid it'll get play from us" is bullshit, it's also reputation earned or undeserved.

jerry1594

And that reaction to go directly into implying we were saying anything about otaku is also something against the scene going anywhere when you have these ideas about what we were even talking about.

Just saying we need outside people to add to a scene. It's mainly the same people. It's why I said nobody will play DOA. The whole "If a game is solid it'll get play from us" is bullshit, it's also reputation earned or undeserved.
earned

I guess being funny as well is an excuse for what he did then?

In any case, I don't like the "feel" of KOF13. I go to KOF02 and it feels right, but when I play 13 something feels off and I don't know what it is.

Swarna

SF needs to detach itself from the FGC and become its own thing anyways. It's something I've been feeling strongly about for a while for the benefit of its growth.

And this way other games will get more exposure. Win-win.

ShinMaruku

It's been years since that incedent and he has done nothing like that ever since and you see no complaints about him like you see for some others. Of course he did a really stupid ass thing but we really can't hold people for things in the past if they have proved they have changed.

Of course there are some games just not for some people no doubt which is part of the many reasons why I said what I said. Many reasons why x or z game don't appeal to you and that's fine. The issue comes when people just want one type of game for their cohort. Be it the capcom only people or the smash vs smash 4 thing, I find that whole thing amusing and pointless.

Nightii

Banned
SF needs to detach itself from the FGC and become its own thing anyways. It's something I've been feeling strongly about for a while for the benefit of its growth.

How exactly could that be achieved? the FGC is not an organized association you can distance yourself from, it's a term to covers all fighting game communities, it can't really split apart.

Unless you mean turning Street Fighter into a different genre lol.

mbpm1

Tbh Miranda has said she's over it as well and doesn't really think much of it now. I think she even put him as one of her more favorite commentators one time.

Of course, it doesn't excuse what he did, but the person and the act can become more distanced with time and willingness to change

Line_HTX

In any case, people change and that's all been squashed. He received serious hell and shit for it, and deservedly so.

Now people love him as a commentator for both Tekken and SF.

ShinMaruku

Edit: lol what did Aris do?

It's less that it needs to detach itself from the FGC but the fact that the FGC is no community, far too clannish and sperated groups that are only together for some umbrella support.

How exactly could that be achieved? the FGC is not an organized association you can distance yourself from, it's a term to covers all fighting game communities, it can't really split apart.

Unless you mean turning Street Fighter into a different genre lol.
The fact that it's communities means the term FGC is a misnomer. I know some people who want it to be that but really they need to know their peers and know that won't happen with the current crop of people. Hell Smash is the only ones who knew this and handled it expertly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom