• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
fIH6edwh.jpg

VF at round1 was a fucking blast, i played around 20 matches with people and went undefeated using Pai
4 cabs, head-to-head, mostly people just mashing but one guy sorta knew stuff

Y4qALn6h.jpg

hi this is me

oLzdKESh.jpg

btw it is version B and if there are any differences with the console version (i believe there are cosmetic differences) theyre very minute

petghost

Banned
what was capcom fighting jam like? did that have a similar trajectory as sfxt ie people trying to make it work as a tournament game despite a bunch of people disliking it?

Grakl

fIH6edwh.jpg

VF at round1 was a fucking blast, i played around 20 matches with people and went undefeated using Pai

Y4qALn6h.jpg

hi this is me

oLzdKESh.jpg

btw it is version B and if there are any differences with the console version (i believe there are cosmetic differences) theyre very minute
Are you in Boston?

mbpm1

Real talk, we gotta have one last PC USF4 tournament to see who are the top 5 players here on this thread.

Top 3 will be Elena players

Real talk, you should sell your xbone and grab that money to put towards a PS4. Also, I always tell you man, I'll be going to NLBC once SFV comes out so grind with us man lol

I should...maybe.

For NLBC, it's always tempting, but that 2 hour train ride from a thirty minute train ride from a thirty minute drive is so not lol.

Also isn't NLBC closing in February? GG

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I should...maybe.

For NLBC, it's always tempting, but that 2 hour train ride from a thirty minute train ride from a thirty minute drive is so not lol.

Also isn't NLBC closing in February? GG

It takes you three hours? God damn, well I can't say much since I'm not involved but obviously no one wants NL to close so they may be searching for a new spot might be of an interest to everyone. The best choice would be Manhattan but its way too expensive, I'll ask around and see if Nebulous is a possibility. Its normally a 1 hour and 30 minute train ride for me but after midnight and the D train wants to fuck with you, it takes me around 2 hours and 30 minutes to make it home after a transfer. I normally just die at home afterwards but this time around I'll see what I can do and make my life easier. We'll talk when it happens so we can form our little click of good SFV players lol

I've already rewatched the EA and CPT a few times, but I still gotta watch the Melee video with Mike and Bobby. Their chemistry on mic is amazing.

Mike and Bobby doing Melee together? lol, I gotta see this.

The online is booty cheeks man, I don't know how you play on that.

mbpm1

It takes you three hours? God damn, well I can't say much since I'm not involved but obviously no one wants NL to close so they may be searching for a new spot might be of an interest to everyone. The best choice would be Manhattan but its way too expensive, I'll ask around and see if Nebulous is a possibility. Its normally a 1 hour and 30 minute train ride for me but after midnight and the D train wants to fuck with you, it takes me around 2 hours and 30 minutes to make it home after a transfer. I normally just die at home afterwards but this time around I'll see what I can do and make my life easier. We'll talk when it happens so we can form our little click of good SFV players lol

Yeah. and I got work the next day so like

Assuming normal hours I would leave at 5 and somehow end up in NLBC at like 9 or something, then stumble home at some ungodly hour if I stayed any amount of time

fIH6edwh.jpg

Y4qALn6h.jpg

hi this is me

oLzdKESh.jpg

Nice area/section for the fighting games. The RoundOne I go to all the fighting games are located in the back and sometimes it gets stuffy. But every where else in the facility is nice and cold. Lol

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Get a better connection or stop playing people with bad ones.

I guess Count got a shitty connection. When I play USF4 on PC, it plays so damn well while on PS4 online is like I'm moving through water. Offline feels the same for both, its online that hurts me.

Yeah. and I got work the next day so like

Assuming normal hours I would leave at 5 and somehow end up in NLBC at like 9 or something, then stumble home at some ungodly hour if I stayed any amount of time

Jesus man lol, online warriors it is. Isn't 8wayrunway or something like that in your area or closer than NLBC?

PS4's USF4 netcode ain't bad as long as you're playing someone else with good online. 90% on PSN don't is the problem.

It was from the Toph and Scar show. I don't think they play Melee till like the last 20 minutes or so.

This makes a lot more sense, plus Count is in Canada lol, hopefully SFV peeps have good connections. Also this is added to my watch later, gotta see this.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Well that's bullshit.

Worse thing about bras are sport bra boob sweat but it's much better than having your boobs bounce all over when you're doing Muay Thai.

But bras don't cause sagging. They don't prevent either. They delay sagging but there's 9999 factors that go into this.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/french-study-suggests-younger-women-should-stop-wearing-bras/

"Our first results confirm the hypothesis that the bra is a false need," Rouillon told France Info. "Medically, physiologically, anatomically, the breast does not benefit from being deprived of gravity. Instead, it languishes with a bra."

The 15-year study involved 330 volunteers between the ages 18 and 35. Researchers measured their breasts using a slide ruler and a caliper and recorded any changes throughout the study period.

Women who did not wear bras had a 7 millimeter lift as measured from their nipples each year. Their breasts were also firmer, and their stretch marks faded. There was also no evidence that the bras helped get rid of back pain.

The researchers believed that wearing bras prevented the growth of breast tissue, which lead to deterioration of the muscles that support the breasts. If you don't wear a bra, the muscles are worked-out more, the findings suggest.

Tularensis

Neo Member
Rollback netcode is a big seller on PC and it does wonders to extend a fighting game's longevity on PC. It's no coincidence that SG is one of only fighters close to USFIV in terms of sales and online activity on steam. Check every steam community for a fighter before (and after release) and you'll see people asking about rollback netcode. If Capcom has full on ping display and changeable delay settings SFV will take off like a rocket. Too bad this reality will have to be hammered into ASW's head. Most of their fighters would probably have 3 to 4 times the sales (and online activity) if they had rollback netcode.

I've been saying this since day one of 13's announcement, and again when given a second chance with 13SE on PC. Rollback could have easily increased sales and extended the life of the game, but they didn't and it died online for both platforms. I even remember people on SRK and IRC claiming they'd pass on the game if it didn't use rollback, and after getting burned with 12 I know most meant it. Hell, even I was considering passing on the damn game because of what I knew about SNKP, and how ass delay based netcode usually is. Thankfully, Steam Edition did wonders when it came to online (compared to console), but the connections in general were still too damn spotty to waste time trying to play randoms on ranked, so everyone defaulted to PMing friends. If 14 doesn't have rollback, I doubt I'll be investing any real time into it.

And ASW will never use rollback. It's why it's taken me up to BBCPEX to even give their games a chance. If the next ASW game is confirmed to use rollback, I'll be there day one. I'll even play fucking GG.
I'm lying through my goddamn teeth. Fuck Elph.

The character in your avatar is probably never returning

Yeah, Lin was replaced by Duo because iirc female fans found him to be too damn ugly. Same reason they made Igniz into such a pretty boy in 01. Thank god he's in 02UM though. Also, If anyone still plays 13 or the UMs then shoot me a PM with your steam ID and I'll add you.

KOF02UM on steam is really, really cheap. I bought it because it was cheap and I was hoping for full on move lists for all characters to help practice for when I fight on Fightcade, and...there's no command list inside the game.
I know it's generally considered as the black sheep of the franchise, but it's a shame KOF XI never really got re-released on other platforms. It had a cool character roster.

http://i.imgur.com/fIH6edwh.jpg

Dang, I'm jealous.

petghost

Banned
mike z did a really cool write up on things he would change about 3s were he to sirlinize it.

http://mikezsez.blogspot.com/2015/12/what-id-change-for-third-strike-upper-3s.html

i dream this happens someday. would pay good money for a 3s update especially if it came packaged with an arcade perfect 3s port.

when i heard about 4rd strike i was super excited about that as well until i learned no one ever played it. 3s is a game that is extremely unique and there is nothing out there really like it with the possible exception of yata so i'd love to see someone try to do something with it.

Dahbomb

mike z did a really cool write up on things he would change about 3s were he to sirlinize it.

http://mikezsez.blogspot.com/2015/12/what-id-change-for-third-strike-upper-3s.html

i dream this happens someday. would pay good money for a 3s update especially if it came packaged with an arcade perfect 3s port.

when i heard about 4rd strike i was super excited about that as well until i learned no one ever played it. 3s is a game that is extremely unique and there is nothing out there really like it with the possible exception of yata so i'd love to see someone try to do something with it.
Aww shit, theory patch notes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What time is it enough for a streamer to play a certain game before you're like yep I won't be watching anymore until they play something else.

So, did my post answer any of your questions, petghost? You kinda just left me hanging there.
Street Fighter III: Fourth Down
Ford Strike

America's favorite fighting game.

I love Street Fighter III: Third Strike (3s). I like it better than all the other Street Fighter games combined, partially because it doesn't feel like an SF2 game, which is the exact thing that a lot of people who dislike Third Strike don't like. :^P
Never stop yelling, Mike.
The goal of 3s' is to change the way the game is played AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE while still fixing problems. So you won't find any "remove Yun" type things, and I will try to justify each suggested change. However, that does mean that things which are central to the current metagame will change, if those things are sufficiently unbalanced to warrant attention. My aim as a designer is to only nerf super dominant tactics a tiny bit to make them less dominant, rather than removing them entirely or drastically changing them. I much prefer to fix balance by making under-used supers useful, making the low-tier characters better, and fixing bugs or inconsistencies...so there is a lot of those things, instead.
I like what I'm reading.
Alex:
Change Hyper Bomb (SAI) startup from 0+1 to 1+0, so the total startup time is unchanged but it can't be jumped on reaction after the superflash. Make it slightly more useful. POSSIBLY reduce the damage a tiny bit unless it is the Backdrop Bomb (back-turned version) to compensate.

Increase forward movement on Boomerang Raid's middle hits, and increase the range on the final grab, to prevent the grab from whiffing after the rest of the super has connected at medium range. Bugfix.

Make all versions of Air Knee Smash not air-parryable; EX version is still ground parryable. Bugfix. The L/M/H versions can't even hit grounded characters so they are supposed to be antiairs, but being parryable makes them all horrible. Shootdown Backbreaker is not air-parryable, and this gives Alex standing Strong xx Air Knee Smash vs air parry-happy players.

Allow juggles after Flash Chops that connect vs airborne opponents. Bugfix, and situational anyway.

Allow crouching Strong (2MP) to be special- and super-cancelled on hit/block/parry. Buff, he sorely needs this.

Allow crouching Forward (2MK) to be super-cancelled on hit/block/parry, including when used as part of his Target Combo. This and the cr.Strong change will make him miles better.

Fix position of hitboxes on j.D+Fierce (j.2HP) dive, to place them on his arms instead of his chest. Bugfix.
YES!

Some of the ones in bold mystify me. Even as a scrub (well, I still am a scrub, but not a bottomfeeder anymore) I could see that Hyper Bomb and Boomerang Raid should have had these fixes from day 1. No special or super cancel on his crouching normals is also balls. The air knee smash is a nice fix for a move that definitely doesn't get enough use. I'm surprised that he didn't specify slash elbow as part of the crouching normal special cancels. Seems like something devs would definitely skip over in balancing. Already looked at the other characters and these changes sound great.
Won't read unless hundreds of pages long
It's nice and condensed. Q in 4rd strike would be awesome.

Edit: I'm afraid to give Remy a full look. Remy makes Guile look slow to my scrub ass in 3S. A buffed Remy would be terrifying.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You can tell Aris is bored of the Souls games at times but his attitude towards other games because it has too much dialogue or isn't easy pick up and play hinders him from playing them. It's going to get to the point where hey Aris you're funny and all but we're tired of seeing you play Dark Souls for the millionth time so take care. You can see some people in his chat are starting to feel that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom