• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh i ment I free for PS4 and xbox one my bad i'm still like just waking up well fully awake now. Oh you PC gamer oh i ment as in team ninja gvae it to me free. Like for example DOA5u a lot people was angry that me sweet revenge master etc. Cause we all got the game early jsut like Last Round

Last Round or Ultimate? What's the difference?

I have a ps4, I'll get it. Will it help with transitioning to Tekken more smooth?

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Last Round isn't free on steam

example they gave me a code I downloaded it for free. I got DOA5LR for free full game on xbox one early. I bought the game for ps4 cause they dont give me DLC and stuff for free I dont got it that good roflmao. I'm sure other fighting game companies do the same for their top players and etc

ShinMaruku

Last Round or Ultimate? What's the difference?

I have a ps4, I'll get it. Will it help with transitioning to Tekken more smooth?

Last Round is on ps4 and it is free. As for transitioning to Tekken, games are too different only things they have in common is 3d plane and bounds, beauty of 3d fighting games they operate so different.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Last Round is on PS4 but what's the current game? Ultimate or Last Round?

current game is Last Round they have a free version on PS4 called Core fighters..... hhmmm yes and no it reall comes down to what char. you play. I play Tekken and DOA. I barely play Tekken I never go 0-2 in Tekken tournament which I enter just for fun. I wouldn't say its a smooth going from DOA to Tekken 7. It really comes down to what you bring from DOA you kind of still got to know what will work in DOA that will work in Tekken. Like mind games. I know run up grab will work in Tekken I do it in tournament cause Tekken players are not use to DOA mind games at all. I kid you not I made someone break their controller cause all I did was run up grab run up launch sometimes run up grab 3 times in a row. That is something you only hear about in DOA. Things like how defense work in DOA will not carry over to Tekken how you play Defense in DOA is different than Defense in Tekken, but your spacing game can and will carry over to Tekken.

Manbig

current game is Last Round they have a free version on PS4 called Core fighters..... hhmmm yes and no it reall comes down to what char. you play. I play Tekken and DOA. I barely play Tekken I never go 0-2 in Tekken tournament which I enter just for fun. I wouldn't say its a smooth going from DOA to Tekken 7. It really comes down to what you bring from DOA you kind of still got to know what will work in DOA that will work in Tekken. Like mind games. I know run up grab will work in Tekken I do it in tournament cause Tekken players are not use to DOA mind games at all. I kid you not I made someone break their controller cause all I did was run up grab run up launch sometimes run up grab 3 times in a row. That is something you only hear about in DOA. Things like how defense work in DOA will not carry over to Tekken how you play Defense in DOA is different than Defense in Tekken, but your spacing game can and will carry over to Tekken.

With all due respect to your opponents, that run up grab stuff really doesn't work versus good competition in Tekken. There is no real mind game there. That's just 100% their own failure due to lack of practicing on the basics, or just feeling the tournament pressure and not being able to execute the basics.

EDIT: Unless you're playing as King and running up into Giant Swing and iSW mix ups. That's a different story.

ShinMaruku

With all due respect to your opponents, that run up grab stuff really doesn't work versus good competition in Tekken. There is no real mind game there. That's just 100% their own failure due to lack of practicing on the basics, or just feeling the tournament pressure and not being able to execute the basics.

That is a mind game if somebody collapses to tourney pressure. Also sometimes the best tactic is to do exactly what somebody says "Oh he won't do that it's so unsafe" Until you just hit them with the dumbest mix up and they are caught flat footeded because you hit them with the thing farthest from their mind. Sometimes to really transcend, you have to embrace the chaos.

It does not have proper online. The devs did not want to make a pc version and thus half assed it to doom it's release. It's the Hayashi gambit.

First to be cancelled, Online patch for PC DOA5 or MGO for PC MGSV.

Unless they already cancelled the update for PC and I wasn't paying attention.

Manbig

That is a mind game if somebody collapses to tourney pressure. Also sometimes the best tactic is to do exactly what somebody says "Oh he won't do that it's so unsafe" Until you just hit them with the dumbest mix up and they are caught flat footeded because you hit them with the thing farthest from their mind. Sometimes to really transcend, you have to embrace the chaos.

It's not a situation of the opponent thinking "oh that's unsafe."

It's 95% a reaction check unless your character has access to something like a Giant Swing.

The only other times it'll catch people off guard is when you go with a 1+2 break and catch them out of a move that only has a 1 or 2 input, which means that the game will commit them to that as a throw break attempt.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member

EDIT: Unless you're playing as King and running up into Giant Swing and iSW mix ups. That's a different story.

no it does work. Because I use Asuka and Jun. if I run up and do her Launcher which I can't remember notation you will get hit and you will get crushed. I know that thats what I did run up Launch with that mad unsafe crush everything Launcher. Not to mention I also did run up parry. Now because they been crushed 2 to 3 times in a row they will be scared of that. To be scared of a attack means what in fighting games. You going to hold block which means you become.... what in mind games.. Basically the run up grab set up you become more and more vulnerable to grabs. Because your scared of and looking out for that attack that will beat you out if you push a button.

notworksafe

no it does work. Because I use Asuka and Jun. if I run up and do her Launcher which I can't remember notation you will get hit and you will get crushed. I know that thats what I did run up Launch with that mad unsafe crush everything Launcher. Not to mention I also did run up parry. Now because they been crushed 2 to 3 times in a row they will be scared of that. To be scared of a attack means what in fighting games. You going to hold block which means you become.... what in mind games.. Basically the run up grab set up you become more and more vulnerable to grabs. Because your scared of and looking out for that attack that will beat you out if you push a button.
I'm sure it works but the people it works on aren't good at Tekken.

ShinMaruku

I would like to play Shin in a Tekken game and see this run up grab tactic that seemingly works in tournament play.

You mistake me for BBoy who is probably who you mean. I ain't gonna play tekken I don't have time to write a masters thesis for Tekken ground level when I can get paid for an actual one.

Dahbomb

You mistake me for BBoy who is probably who you mean. I ain't gonna play tekken I don't have time to write a masters thesis for Tekken ground level when I can get paid for an actual one.
This joke is getting really tiresome, no wonder people think that FGW GAF has beef against Tekken!

ShinMaruku

This joke is getting really tiresome, no wonder people think that FGW GAF has beef against Tekken!

There are lots of tiresome jokes in here, but people should never think FGW gaf has beef against Tekken taken by my comments I would think people would know such.

But let us be real, in Tekken you must learn 50ish moves, when to use them, then you must learn movement and spacing, layer that with about 50 different match ups with whatever your character list is, then layer that all together. Some may take the as an insult but I am just saying a great deal of work is needed to hang with the ground level Tekken player and it's a testament to how the game was designed. It works as intended.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
It's not a situation of the opponent thinking "oh that's unsafe."

It's 95% a reaction check unless your character has access to something like a Giant Swing.

The only other times it'll catch people off guard is when you go with a 1+2 break and catch them out of a move that only has a 1 or 2 input, which means that the game will commit them to that as a throw break attempt.

So like I said also before with just very little practice and than super rare chances where I enter TT2 I almost scrubed my way with Asuka Jun by playing strictly DOA fundamentals. Not saying DOA fundamentals is greater than TT2 Fundamentals. I think its better to have TT2 Fundamentals over DOA fundamentals before a debate happens on what i'm going to say why and how I almost srub my way into top 8. Mind you i'm talking like when numbers aint that huge either so yes I got moped someone of much much higher skill in TT2. Now reason why it works just like i said Asuka Jun they both have parry that works like DOA system. They also even tho unsafe have launcher that has a hit box like crazy. Also they both have easy predictable low sweeps. I know only of those 3 and how to cancel that launcher in a faint. knowing just those 4 things and using DOA fundamentals to the fullest which is basically Yomi, mind games, and conditioning your opponent to react when you A and B.

Want to know what happen when I did their 3 low sweep kicks I did 3 times in a row lost a round.. On purpose. Now because they going to react and do that low kick counter thing what are they going to do when I do a low sweep. They going to react to a 2nd low sweep that i'm not going to do. so I do low sweep than not finish it than grab. I do that twice in a row now because I did low sweep than grab twice. They are going to be looking out for Low sweep that my go into another low sweep but also a grab. If they dont see 2nd low sweep they going to try beat out the grab etc. What do I do. I do her launcher and only tag juggle I know with those two. Now because of all that is going on they now got to predict and react. They see that launcher animation even the slightest they going to block. Now that I got them condition to react to A and B and C and D etc Now throw in the launcher faint it than grab. What you say is true it wont work, but it wont work by normal means. Same thing with run up grab it will work in TT2 all I got to do is run up do a launcher that crushes a lot of stuff than you will start to hold block because we all know even basic juggles takes a lot of your health away if you have a ok Juggle especially if leads into a wall. So in that sense I run up luanch you twice even once you will start to hold block out of fear of losing a lot of health which means I can control the pace when I do A and B. DOA fundamentals makes you really good at mind games cause thats one of the biggest core of DOA fundamental wise. Every fighting game has its main focus of fundamental that you have to excel at in order be good at that fighting game. Like skull girls is how good you can reset most tell me anyways. I suck at being Patient and only ok at spacing at a high level. There for in Tekken will be one of my weakest games.

Dahbomb

But let us be real, in Tekken you must learn 50ish moves, when to use them, then you must learn movement and spacing, layer that with about 50 different match ups with whatever your character list is, then layer that all together. Some may take the as an insult but I am just saying a great deal of work is needed to hang with the ground level Tekken player and it's a testament to how the game was designed. It works as intended.
You don't have to learn 50ish moves, you learn a few moves for specific purposes and you are generally set. Tekken 7 is shrinking the cast down so no more learning 50 character match ups.. roster size should be in line with other games.

And you have to learn movement/spacing in every game. In T7 movement will be easier to utilize.

This is like going into Marvel 3 and saying "man I don't have time to learn 50 characters, the match ups, then a million different team combinations, their synergy aspects, team vs team match ups, durability chart for all the projectiles in the game, frame data, plink dashing/movement in general, team mechanics, X factor specific combos/set ups, TAC specific combos/mechanics etc." If people went into games with that mentality then no one would actually play MOBAs.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
I'm sure it works but the people it works on aren't good at Tekken.

oh yeah i'm saying that it not going to make me make top 8 or etc, but what i'm saying in the new reply I just posted in detail. to tell why it works to a CERTAIN degree. Like I said you be surprise what if someone has really good mind games and yomi can do with just 4 moves in any fighting game. Doesnt mean that person will win a whole tournament etc, but my main point is. That its a yes or no the original question I answer DOA fundamentals can cross over to Tekken, but it can only get you so far with out actually learning Tekken Fundamentals

ShinMaruku

You don't have to learn 50ish moves, you learn a few moves for specific purposes and you are generally set. Tekken 7 is shrinking the cast down so no more learning 50 character match ups.. roster size should be in line with other games.

And you have to learn movement/spacing in every game. In T7 movement will be easier to utilize.

This is like going into Marvel 3 and saying "man I don't have time to learn 50 characters, the match ups, then a million different team combinations, their synergy aspects, team vs team match ups, durability chart for all the projectiles in the game, frame data, plink dashing/movement in general, team mechanics, X factor specific combos/set ups, TAC specific combos/mechanics etc." If people went into games with that mentality then no one would actually play MOBAs.
Until we see the finalized character cast of Tekken 7 on console I won't go into if it will have more or less characters, I am generally speaking on the game most people have access to which is tekken tag 2 which adds the wrinkle of 2 characters and synergies and as well as the 50 match ups and what not. Funny you mention Marvel and MOBAs because that's exactly what I hear from people about those two as well.

MOBAs are the intresting thing because by dint of it being free and having a massive player base, the beginner will have less to go into to reach whatever ground level they fall into, it's not the same as Tekken, ground level in that is people who were playing for years in a much smaller player pool. It's never so simple.

I'm all for a Steel Battalion fighting game which uses the controller. Do it Capcom!
All them stick buyers would be all in.

BadWolf

I just realized the Chun stick is out. -=buys=-

Too bad the new SFV sticks aren't coming out earlier, could have used the time to get accustomed to using a stick before SFV hits.

As it stands I will have to learn to use a stick and a new SF at the same time -_-

ShinMaruku

Too bad the new SFV sticks aren't coming out earlier, could have used the time to get accustomed to using a stick before SFV hits.

As it stands I will have to learn to use a stick and a new SF at the same time -_-

Perfect time to learn. Although I will never suggest so somebody learn stick even though I use stick. :p

notworksafe

You missed all the good deals on HRAP4 over the past few weeks, mang

notworksafe

Any chance we will see more deals soon?

no clue, but there have been semi-regular sales popping up around the net. i can post here when the next one hits if you want. Or if you head to a major tournament in person you can usually find the HRAP for ~$20 off, not the best deal ever but it's something.

There was a pricing error in Canada for the new Madcatz sticks so those who got in on the pre-order are getting about 50% off :)
Oh right I forgot about that. Awesome deal!

Kumubou

VF now that shiz.... Akira all I can say lol
Maybe if you're talking about VF3 Akira... they've made him easier to play in every revision since. He's still a very VF-ish character where you have to buffer each move individually, but the execution is more forgiving than it ever has.

Honestly, it's to the point where I think Tekken has ended up harder to learn than VF, especially with the changes that were made in VF5:FS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom