• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |2| 0-2 vs Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
You can always play Akira in DOA and pretend it's VF.

its funny you say that cause a former VF player that got into DOA cause Akira in DOA won NEC which was basically world finals for DOA due to all International players there. Basically JC akira from japan won Last big tournament for DOA with all top players in it. He literrally played VF with just lil bit of DOA

ShinMaruku

its funny you say that cause a former VF player that got into DOA cause Akira in DOA won NEC which was basically world finals for DOA due to all International players there. Basically JC akira from japan won Last big tournament for DOA with all top players in it. He literrally played VF with just lil bit of DOA

That's because a huge amount of VF is still in DOA's dna and JC Akira is pretty damn good regardless.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
That's because a huge amount of VF is still in DOA's dna and JC Akira is pretty damn good regardless.

oh yeah with out a doubt I just feel like DOA become more of its own game as it has grown, but yes to the roots and core. I'm not surprise how fast and how much he excel at DOA coming from a VF background

BadWolf

So cool, will look this up on YT when I get home.

DunpealD

Didn't MrKwiggle win a high profile Japan tournament?
It was fun to see JC Akira play. Wish there was more international competition in DoA.

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Didn't MrKwiggle win a high profile Japan tournament?
It was fun to see JC Akira play. Wish there was more international competition in DoA.

yes but that was in the summer time, but also USA in team tournament with Kiwggles and Bladez on same team 5 vs 5 lost 5-0 to japan. JC akira beat the whole USA team with out dropping a set. Kwiggles did win that tournament for singles but it was really really close

DunpealD

If there weren't so much T&A in DOA I would probably play it regularly, that DOA stigma is too stronk.

There is only as much T&A as you want there to be actually. Jiggling can be reduced and conservative costumes are available.

yes but that was in the summer time, but also USA in team tournament with Kiwggles and Bladez on same team 5 vs 5 lost 5-0 to japan. JC akira beat the whole USA team with out dropping a set. Kwiggles did win that tournament for singles but it was really really close

That's interesting got a link to the matches?
Also question to the US DoA tournament players. How's the female player ratio? Iirc, somebody mentioned that DoA is higher compared to others.

EDIT:
So cool, will look this up on YT when I get home.
No need to look up. Here is the link:
DoA5LR NEC16 Top 8 by TeamSp00ky

Manbig

oh yeah i'm saying that it not going to make me make top 8 or etc, but what i'm saying in the new reply I just posted in detail. to tell why it works to a CERTAIN degree. Like I said you be surprise what if someone has really good mind games and yomi can do with just 4 moves in any fighting game. Doesnt mean that person will win a whole tournament etc, but my main point is. That its a yes or no the original question I answer DOA fundamentals can cross over to Tekken, but it can only get you so far with out actually learning Tekken Fundamentals

My argument was never about the fundamentals of DoA carrying over to Tekken though. My argument is that you don't use throws to open up defense in Tekken unless it's against a bad player, or you have a character with a Giant Swing style grab that opens up a legitimate mind game in your throw choices. My point still stands.

I'm not saying this to try to get into a fight with you here. I'm just pointing it out, because due to your status as a known player in other fighting games, people might take that sort of advice more serious than they probably should.

Line_HTX

Slowpoke here, Tekken is my favorite fighting game. Didn't know there was even beef to begin with, lol

One person who I almost lost my temper with but ignored during Final Round Tekken 7 Top 8 was canned ages ago for something else.

jerry1594

There is only as much T&A as you want there to be actually. Jiggling can be reduced and conservative costumes are available.
Speaking of which momiji's nun costume made me want to try the game for .078543 seconds.. Not sure what it offers over VF other than combos or however it's said 3D, and I think I prefer the shorter combos in older VFs.

Coda

Slowpoke here, Tekken is my favorite fighting game. Didn't know there was even beef to begin with, lol

One person who I almost lost my temper with but ignored during Final Round Tekken 7 Top 8 was canned ages ago for something else.

Tekken 7 looks so hype, I still haven't played it yet.

ShinMaruku

That's interesting got a link to the matches?
Also question to the US DoA tournament players. How's the female player ratio? Iirc, somebody mentioned that DoA is higher compared to others.

You know that's the funny thing, the outragous jiggle is not by defualt and most of the decent outfits are default too. But it's not really about what it's at by defualt people assume that it is all the pervy stuff because people tend to focus on the negative. Put that in the FGC intelligentsia and it will always be looked at as the titty game regardless of what they profess to the the important thing gameplay.

ShinMaruku

Look, Team Ninja has no one to blame but itself for the "perv" status.

Explain why when SF embraced the booty how it was not called out for it, hell why there was screams for censorship. But really the whole 'perv' status can apply to many games with their characters but there is a bit heavier leaning on some games than others. Some of it favoritism, some is just people not wanting to invest in another game, some of it is just some vague group think, but it's irrelivant, don't say if a game is solid you'd buy it, because you are not being entirely honest. :p

Manbig

Explain why when SF embraced the booty how it was not called out for it, hell why there was screams for censorship.

What are you talking about? There was a huge outcry over R. Mika. So bad in fact that they edited out the most tame parts of her over the top design.

FACE

Banned
DOA players can't understand why DOA is seen as a T&A series, meanwhile Team Ninja are busy developing and promoting DOAX3.

ShinMaruku

What are you talking about? There was a huge outcry over R. Mika. So bad in fact that they edited out the most tame parts of her over the top design.

There were outcry on both sides yes, but let's be honest, even if it stayed most would not bat an eye because it's the main game.

The less booty in SF the better. Sorry, Shin.

There were outcry on both sides yes, but let's be honest, even if it stayed most would not bat an eye because it's the main game.

Wrong. That stuff limits the game and potential for growth. There's a reason people don't take DOA seriously and it's because it's seen as the pantsu masturbation game.

ShinMaruku

Booty is still in they just not being as blatant with it but it's still there. To me it does not matter. I'm just gonna tell people that it's never just gameplay that makes something. That is all I am saying. I'd hope people would develop past a certain point, but this is Homo Sapiens Sapiens never solidly dependable. :p

Booty is still in they just not being as blatant with it but it's still there. To me it does not matter. I'm just gonna tell people that it's never just gameplay that makes something. That is all I am saying. I'd hope people would develop past a certain point, but this is Homo Sapiens Sapiens never solidly dependable. :p

Why do you care about booty so much? They're video games. They're not real.

ShinMaruku

Exactly it's why it should not be a concern. But really this whole thing is a moot point, as it stantds today even if DOA never had the stigma would never be as 'it should' be I am confident in that if it stayed within the same bounds.

Exactly it's why it should not be a concern. But really this whole thing is a moot point, as it stantds today even if DOA never had the stigma would never be as 'it should' be I am confident in that if it stayed within the same bounds.

How should it not be a concern if SF and other games are about growth right now and being seen as otaku T&A oriented will hamper that? I don't see why this is so confusing.

calling it censorship is the weirdest thing too

it makes it sound like Hitler is throwing R.Mika posters and copies of DOAX3 onto a giant bonfire or something. There's an endless fountain of pantsu and anime titties on the internet if I wanted to find it, but trying not to make it a mandatory part of my gaming or forum-browsing experience is somehow an unreasonable violation of otaku rights.

why do you care about anything entertainment wise if it's not real?

EDIT: to elaborate, because any work of art causes a response.

physical, emotional, psychological. a book is only composed of words but it can inspire, can make you cry, can make you think. same as a picture.

why do you care about anything entertainment wise if it's not real?

EDIT: to elaborate, because any work of art causes a response.

physical, emotional, psychological. a book is only composed of words but it can inspire, can make you cry, can make you think. same as a picture.

That's normal. But why is it so important to have booty within the context of fighting games for Shin? Having a response is normal, but validating booty seems like more of a justification than a response.

And comparing it to getting enjoyment out of any entertainment medium is a very large strawman.

im still not sure if the female doa base is just fujoshis who are half into RIG and half into Yuri.

Female casual friend I know who is heavy into DOA is a lesbian.

Warxard

Banned
Anecdotal, yeah but my fiance loves DOA (thanks to VF, as she's a VF player and she only really started DOA because her main, Sarah was in.)

That's normal. But why is it so important to have booty within the context of fighting games for Shin? Having a response is normal, but validating booty seems like more of a justification than a response.

And comparing it to getting enjoyment out of any entertainment medium is a very large strawman.

Female casual friend I know who is heavy into DOA is a lesbian.

cause shin, as well as myself, can have both cheesecake and fighting games in one convenient package. why is this hard to understand for you?

if i only have to pay for one product to get both, it's a win-win.

I don't think something that's titillating for men is automatically offensive to women, DOA does offer a very large roster of playable female characters

you are right. that IS true.

notworksafe

cause shin, as well as myself, can have both cheesecake and fighting games in one convenient package. why is this hard to understand for you?

if i only have to pay for one product to get both, it's a win-win.

it's fine, no problem with it at all. but when you have folks pretending it isn't pandering/cheesecake or "you can just buy the right costume and it'll hide the boobs!" that'll make folks roll their eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom