• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm finding it hard to hate on the graphics due to the initial roster size which is kinda unheard of for a brand new fighting game.
Eh, I don't totally agree, but I'm more willing to give it a pass because I assume a fraction of your typical retail title team size are working on it and they probably have more work to to do on titles than anyone had to do last gen.

So do you guys think the Killer Instinct tournament numbers will increase with the pc release or nah? Loving the game though now that I've manage to get my hands on it now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So do you guys think the Killer Instinct tournament numbers will increase with the pc release or nah? Loving the game though now that I've manage to get my hands on it now.
Don't think they will for IRL tournaments. I feel like delayed releases won't bring in significant new blood regardless of circumstances. Just too much catch up to play in the actual competitive scene.

jbug617

Banned
Don't think they will for IRL tournaments. I feel like delayed releases won't bring in significant new blood regardless of circumstances. Just too much catch up to play in the actual competitive scene.

I think Combo Breaker and CEO probably will see an increase in entrants.

pixelish

i think nemo is sponsored now?

tcnmzaL.png

Tripon

I don't know what to make of Pokken's failure in the arcades, but it's success on console. The casual audience would rather pay $60 for a disc than a 100 yen per game?

Renekton

Eh, KOF is pretty much 50/50 on being broken. People usually joke that every other year you get a good KOF.

Plus it's KOF, expect something batshit to insane to eventually pop up. I remember someone bet a cookie on SRK when 13 was released on when the first infinite was found.
KOF94, KOF96, KOF97: broken (not sure about 95)
KOF98: good
KOF99-KOF01: broken
KOF02: good

Seems like one solid KOF for every 3 glitchy exploity one.

Anne

PS4 Rev demo has legacy stick support and you don't have to authenticate or anything. Just use a PS4 pad to get past the tile then plug in your PS3 stick. Don't even need the PS4 pad to be active.

Out of all the people to get this right first I didn't expect it to be ASW.

PS4 Rev demo has legacy stick support and you don't have to authenticate or anything. Just use a PS4 pad to get past the tile then plug in your PS3 stick. Don't even need the PS4 pad to be active.

Really? Arcsys got it right when Capcom and NRS couldn't? Wow lol.

Wonder if there's any input lag tho.

this the jp rev demo or is the US one out?

There is a menu option in the demo to test controller input lag, so you can test it against a ps4 stick/controller if you are worried about the extra lag it might add.

Oh wow, this game has everything lol. I don't have a PS3 stick anymore, but I'll still be interested in seeing if it actually works properly.

I dont even need it anymore, but thats awesome

AAK

I never tested this, but does the legacy driver work for dual shock 3's?

BiggNife

Japan doesn't do April fools.

Is this sarcastic? Yeah they do. It might not be a widespread holiday there but there are plenty of Japanese april fools jokes.

There was an April fools from a year or two ago where Daigo announced he was quitting competitive gaming to become a full time accountant.

shaowebb

So...does anyone think Capcom will announce a tag based fighting game again any time soon? Tekken x SF still can't find a good window to release and will likely feel more like Tekken, but it still mucks up any timetables to hope for a new capcom tag title doesn't it?

Still holding out hope for a new Capcom Fighting Evolution or some new sort of VS title for them to license.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So...does anyone think Capcom will announce a tag based fighting game again any time soon? Tekken x SF still can't find a good window to release and will likely feel more like Tekken, but it still mucks up any timetables to hope for a new capcom tag title doesn't it?

Still holding out hope for a new Capcom Fighting Evolution or some new sort of VS title for them to license.

With Street Fighter V lighting up the sales charts, absolutely not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom