• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...does anyone think Capcom will announce a tag based fighting game again any time soon? Tekken x SF still can't find a good window to release and will likely feel more like Tekken, but it still mucks up any timetables to hope for a new capcom tag title doesn't it?

Still holding out hope for a new Capcom Fighting Evolution or some new sort of VS title for them to license.
SFV has to survive first.

So...does anyone think Capcom will announce a tag based fighting game again any time soon? Tekken x SF still can't find a good window to release and will likely feel more like Tekken, but it still mucks up any timetables to hope for a new capcom tag title doesn't it?

Still holding out hope for a new Capcom Fighting Evolution or some new sort of VS title for them to license.
April Fool's

BiggNife

Lmao EVO be trollin

xthZMs9.png

shaowebb

SFV has to survive first.

True that. If the FGC being who they double down on doesn't really prove itself enough to make fighters a mainstay in their portfolio I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't slow down on new titles and just continue to work on one single title season pass style this gen. Not like I wont still be playing TVC and folks wont still be playing UMVC3 as they wait. We all just like new things.Especially with vs titles or tag fighters.

Hopefully SFV does well. Kind funny that the new KOF trailer had more views than the Alex trailer.
V0QMJso.jpg

Dat Geese Howard love is strong.

I mean.. Alex was pretty much out by the time they released the trailer + there were two other fan made trailers (which IMO were both better) being posted onto news sites/reddits and such. If Capcom released the trailer during NCR or FR tho

pixelish

some people here will want this to be an april fools joke and others will want this to be true
㊙Zhi ➡ ⬇ ↘ ➕ ✊㌠ ‏@Zhieeep 2m
Alas, the last nail has fallen to the ban hammer. I am no longer allowed to do any commentary for the FGC. Waifus weep, haters rejoice.

Sayad

I mean.. Alex was pretty much out by the time they released the trailer + there were two other fan made trailers (which IMO were both better) being posted onto news sites/reddits and such. If Capcom released the trailer during NCR or FR tho

This is silly, but I doubt it, FANG's trailer released at PSX and CPT finals is under 200K, so are most characters reveals and other SFV trailers in the last few months before release. Most KoFXIV trailers are above 200K, not sure where this is going though. SFV stuff get a lot more attention and are republished by more channels so their views are spread out. Alex trailer, for example, has more views on Max's channel than it does on the original trailer.

BadWolf

Cross-posting from the DMC thread:

Not sure if thread worthy, or already posted, but apparently Neo-G (Hidetoshi Ishizawa) has left Capcom and joined SNK.

As found by MMCafe's Loona, it is also mentioned on his facebook page. He left Capcom in January of this year.

The dude has quite the resume. DMC, MVC (MVC3 battle director), SF (director of 3rd Strike), Darkstalkers etc.

Skilletor

True that. If the FGC being who they double down on doesn't really prove itself enough to make fighters a mainstay in their portfolio I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't slow down on new titles and just continue to work on one single title season pass style this gen. Not like I wont still be playing TVC and folks wont still be playing UMVC3 as they wait. We all just like new things.Especially with vs titles or tag fighters.

Hopefully SFV does well. Kind funny that the new KOF trailer had more views than the Alex trailer.
V0QMJso.jpg

Dat Geese Howard love is strong.

To be fair, Alex had "unofficial" trailers that were almost as good as the real thing several days before he came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVuUxHa2CDI

That has more views than both of them.

Rhapsody

Banned

Not sure if thread worthy, or already posted, but apparently Neo-G (Hidetoshi Ishizawa) has left Capcom and joined SNK.

As found by MMCafe's Loona, it is also mentioned on his facebook page. He left Capcom in January of this year.

The dude has quite the resume. DMC, MVC (MVC3 battle director), SF (director of 3rd Strike), Darkstalkers etc.

I was thinking maybe it could be an April Fools joke since he posted it in the afternoon Japan time? But it's not like he he changed it back or anything now that it's past midnight. Hm...

Astarte

Oh geez. I wonder why he jumped?

I was thinking maybe it could be an April Fools joke since he posted it in the afternoon Japan time? But it's not like he he changed it back or anything now that it's past midnight. Hm...

Iunno, Japan makes a lot of serious announcements on April 1.

shaowebb

To be fair, Alex had "unofficial" trailers that were almost as good as the real thing several days before he came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVuUxHa2CDI

That has more views than both of them.

Yeah, I just got a nice giggle on my facebook feed when the KOF group posted that shot. I am excited for the return of Geese and Alex though. Alex was a straight up bro in TVC and Geese Howard was one of the best things ever out of SNK. My god the counters on that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom