• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

it plays like an anime game. It's a bit hard to compare the two since theyre very different so it's just better if you watch a primer/vids on xrd. But i think people would say xrd is harder than sf due to being more matchup intensive and having more battle systems in place. And you can get blown up quicker in gg compared to sf

Sayad

How hard is GG Xrd compared to SF? Thinking of picking it up. What does it play like?
Knowing your BnBs and character game plan takes way more work than SFV, there are also way more situation to keep in mind and get used to. Once you get past entry level though, it's nowhere as hard as its reputation, I'd even say SFV require faster and more frequent decision making.

it plays like an anime game. It's a bit hard to compare the two since theyre very different so it's just better if you watch a primer/vids on xrd. But i think people would say xrd is harder than sf due to being more matchup intensive and having more battle systems in place. And you can get blown up quicker in gg compared to sf

Higher execution, faster pace, and more to think about.

Knowing your BnBs and character game plan takes way more work than SFV, there are also way more situation to keep in mind and get used to. Once you get past entry level though, it's nowhere as hard as its reputation, I'd even say SFV require faster and more frequent decision making.

Interesting. I might try the demo and see if I like it.

He actually thinks KI is interesting, it's just he hasn't played a lot of it. It's a game that has a lot of shit going for it. I'm trying to learn it now, and it's going to be a while before I go to ranked.

I'm not trying to knock the game. Just making an observation.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Unless someone really levels up a lot it looks like Infiltration has EVO in the bag. Daigo was toe to toe against Tokido but Tokido's offense was better while Daigo had the better defense.

I'd even say SFV require faster and more frequent decision making.
I agree with this. Although the reason is that the block strings in GG are a lot longer, and because some things just need to be drilled into you completely as there is no time to think about doing them in the first place.

Unless someone really levels up a lot it looks like Infiltration has EVO in the bag. Daigo was toe to toe against Tokido but Tokido's offense was better while Daigo had the better defense.
I think so too but I'm waiting for guile to come out as I expect him to suit daigo's strengths and I expect the character to beat or equal nash's ground game.

BadWolf

The 2 out of 3 feature for casual matches in SFV is just perfect, don't think I'll be bothering with lobbies much any more.

Tripon

Bayonetta is steroids and a gun.

Ce0SI4uUsAANl0o.jpg

https://twitter.com/A_Mighty_Comb/status/715247860393107456

NEO0MJ

The combo breaker system in Killer Instinct seems so overwhelming right now. You have to memorize each auto for every character if yo don't want to eat combo after combo.

Still, it seems like a lot of fun, and Shadow Jago is one of my favorite "Evil" version of a fighting game character right now in comparison to the original.

Is she really that dominant now that Skeik and Zero Suit Samus are nerfed? I though Rosalina would take the lead, but I guess she's more difficult to play with.

I don't see the $10 price, I see $50.

Guess you're too late?

I don't see the $10 price, I see $50.

It was only for a limited time. I think I woke up around 9pm EST when I saw the deal and jumped on it immediately. I already saw some people saying it was too late but it was still $10 for me when I added it and placed my order.

Funny thing is that when I refreshed it to make sure it was $10. It changed to $35. I refreshed again and it went back to $10 and I decided to just go ahead and place the order before anything else happened. It says $28 for 2 copies(plus shipping and taxes) on my invoice so I think I'm good.

Tripon

Bayonetta has been causing so much salt in the smash community.

Is she really that dominant now that Skeik and Zero Suit Samus are nerfed? I though Rosalina would take the lead, but I guess she's more difficult to play with.

No. A lot of people have been saying she's changes how Smash is played, but those people have an ingrained version of their mind and refuse to change their playstyle to play against Bayo and win. Pound 2016 is this weekend, and there's at least 500 people entered for Smash 4. So we'll see if Bayo really is broken or a bunch of people are just whining.

Infinite

No. A lot of people have been saying she's changes how Smash is played, but those people have an ingrained version of their mind and refuse to change their playstyle to play against Bayo and win. Pound 2016 is this weekend, and there's at least 500 people entered for Smash 4. So we'll see if Bayo really is broken or a bunch of people are just whining.

People feels she forces you to play really safe and defensive versus her because while her buttons aren't exactly safe on shield and her grab game is kinda lacking, she has very good punishes that can possibly lead to death. Then you add witch time to the mix. She's what I would call a bushido character.

NEO0MJ

I see. In some cases it can make for a very frustrating game, even if a character is manageable. Not the first time a community seemed to have rallied against a character that forces you to play way differently than any other.

.la1n

The combo breaker system in Killer Instinct seems so overwhelming right now. You have to memorize each auto for every character if yo don't want to eat combo after combo.

Still, it seems like a lot of fun, and Shadow Jago is one of my favorite "Evil" version of a fighting game character right now in comparison to the original.

That's ultimately what keeps me from ever taking Killer Instinct seriously. The game is an absolutely blast to play, reminds me of why I loved the MvC games so much (over the top characters and moves.) It's unfortunate the game is wrapped in a game play mechanic that makes it feel like I never really earned my wins.

At least now breaking combos is a return to neutral. Before you would open someone up and somehow end up being the one punished for it. Imagine how fun that was.

NEO0MJ

That's ultimately what keeps me from ever taking Killer Instinct seriously. The game is an absolutely blast to play, reminds me of why I loved the MvC games so much (over the top characters and moves.) It's unfortunate the game is wrapped in a game play mechanic that makes it feel like I never really earned my wins.

At least now breaking combos is a return to neutral. Before you would open someone up and somehow end up being the one punished for it. Imagine how fun that was.

Part of the problem I feel is how huge the cast became in comparison to season 1 where it was much more manageable to learn every auto. Now we have 22 characters with 4 more on the way.

Papstr

Neo Member

Certainly not as hard as people make it out to be. It's no walk in the park, but then again I'd say no fighting game is. It's important to remember going into it that you take stuff one step at a time. There's alot of mechanics built into the game, but they tend to piggyback off each other in the sense that one makes more sense when you grasp the other first.

Execution wise it varies by character. For the most part, midscreen meterless stuff is very basic, especially if you go with simpler characters like Sol or Ky. Sol's common midscreen combo is just standing Kick, close Slash, crouching Dust xx Bandit Revolver, as an example. That's about as much as you'd be doing as a simple bnb in any SF game too, and its all chains to boot. Once you go for corner stuff it gets a little more complex but stuff can be eased into if you break it down into chunks and take your time.

-Sign- also has a fantastic tutorial mode that walks you through all the mechanics, and the Mission mode covers lots of real-world application to things.

.la1n

Part of the problem I feel is how huge the cast became in comparison to season 1 where it was much more manageable to learn every auto. Now we have 22 characters with 4 more on the way.

Yes. Expecting people to legitimately learn how to break that many character combo variations is silly. So it boils down to a mixture of legitimate reads and guess breaks. Which is perfectly fine but don't expect me to ever take it seriously as a competitive fighter when there's that much guess work.

Rhapsody

Banned
Proxy OS in XrdR discovered today too (that works in Sign as well I hear). Similar to the old one with FD, but now with backdash and applies to normals. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom