• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is time to reenter the dark ages

hqdefault.jpg

Spuck-uk

Banned
Outside of Capcom all fighting game companies are tiny devs. Even SNK's arcade/console division. ASW seems to be the only company able to juggle more than one fighting game at once. Outside of two major fighting game developers the genre has always revolved around small developers.There is this notion that 2D graphics are dying for fighting games when it just isn't true.

Namco is a small company? o_O

I think its fair to say that 2d graphics are dying out when almost none of the big releases use them (Blazblue and Persona being the notable exceptions, though I'd hazard a lot of that is sunk cost at this point)

With Snake dropping Gief, perhaps we're beginning to see the tiers affecting character choice. I wonder how soon Xian and SonicFox will drop FANG if ever?

Onemic

I do remember you saying very negative comments about Elena when you didn't realize she was top tier

That was before the patch which buffed her quite a bit. I still stand by those statements. As soon as the patch hit I knew she was gonna be amazing. Check dem receipts on SRK if you want

Kumubou

Riot is making a fighting game?
Do you really think they bought out Radiant for Stonehearth? Or to have people like the Cannon brothers, Seth Killian, Maj, tragic et al working on hats for LoL?

They bought a team with a fairly specialized skill set. They could probably make a damn good character action game, but I don't think Riot or Tencent would be interested in doing that.

Drahcir

Hey guys! Anyone in the OC area in SoCal familiar with eSports Arena in Santa Ana? I've been staring at their building across the street from the building where I work for like 6 months now and I only just found out they do a Wednesday Night Fight open tournament thing. I checked out their live stream on Twitch for the first time last night and found out it's hosted by Alex Valle and watched several players I recognized from West Coast Warzone last week beating up on a bunch of scrubs.

I was thinking of just waltzing in there during one of my lunch breaks to check it out, but I am such a fighting game noob and self-professed scrub that I wouldn't know what I'd be getting myself into. I'm a terrible rookie in SFV by the way, but I've wondered how casual-friendly that place is.

Oh, and if anyone wants to play a scrubby Karin player online, my CFN is ohdrahcir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom