• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

Not to say those aren't bad numbers but those are console sales number after they made their profit margins from arcade customers. How many of those arcade customers are going to buy the home release months later when they primarily play in arcades?

Of course those numbers are going to be low it's not surprising.

You say this like japanese consumers didn't do this very thing not too long ago, lol.

Look at VF4 Evo sales in Japan, CvS2, Alpha series.

Sales of fighting games are indeed very low in Japan. Outside Tekken, all fighting games who did more than 100k sales are licensed games like Dissidia, Jojo or Persona.

PSP] Dissidia Final Fantasy (Square Enix) {2009.12.18} - 489,100 / NEW
[PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.29} - 425,718 / NEW
[PSP] Dissidia: 012 (Duodecim) Final Fantasy (Square Enix) {2011.03.03} - 286,117 / NEW
[PS3] Persona 4: Arena (Atlus) {2012.07.26} - 128,485 / NEW
[PS3] J-Stars Victory Vs (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.03.19} - 118,240 / NEW
[PS3] Tekken 6 (Namco Bandai) {2009.10.29} - 103,105 / NEW
[PSV] J-Stars Victory Vs (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.03.19} - 97,821 / NEW
[PS3] Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold (Atlus) {2014.08.28} - 89,468 / NEW
[PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm 3 (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.04.18} - 87,661 / NEW
[PS3] Street Fighter IV (Capcom) {2009.02.12} - 86,000 / NEW
[PS2] Fate/Unlimited Codes (Capcom) {2008.12.18} - 82,900 | NEW
[PS3] Super Street Fighter IV (Capcom) {2010.04.28} - 80,882 / NEW
[PSP] Naruto: Shippuden Narutimate Accel 3 (Namco Bandai) {2009.12.10} - 76,596 / NEW
[PSP] Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable: The Battle of Aces (Namco Bandai) {2010.01.21} - 76,088 / NEW
[PS3] Soul Calibur IV (Namco Bandai Games) {2008.07.31} - 74,607 / NEW
[PS3] BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (Arc System Works) {2013.10.24} - 72,464 / NEW
[PS3] Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (Capcom) {2011.02.17} - 67,187 / NEW
[PS3] Dead or Alive 5 (Koei Tecmo) {2012.09.27} - 66,586 / NEW
[PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm Generation (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.02.23} - 65,758 / NEW
[PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm 2 (Bandai Namco) {2010.10.21} - 63,675 / NEW

Complete list.

Just to give you a comparison: Street Fighter 3: Third Strike did 107,729 on both Dreamcast and PS2. And Alpha 3 did 503,562 on PS1 only.

When's P4A3 Atlus?

Heads up for PC folks, NVIDIA put out new game ready drivers for SFV today http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/street-fighter-v-game-ready-drivers-released

[SLI, Street Fighter V] Game crashes when launched with SLI and Stereo enabled.

[200172107] Street Fighter V gameplay appears to be in slow motion and FPS is capped at 30 when
game is played with high resolution and high settings.

[200171727] [SLI, Street Fighter V] Performance drop (pause and play) observed when the game is
played at 4K resolution with SLI enabled. [200172046]

Rip. I think most of these existed in the beta though. Mainly this driver is for Xcom and AssCreed.

.la1n

Can't play SF V for another week. The wife got me the game and a PS4 for my birthday but she won't let me have it early :(

vocab

They added SLI scaling support according to release notes so yeah it should help some. Along with the game update that comes out soemtime soon.

sli via driver is always a given. The issue is that UE3 work has been pushed to its limit via drivers. It's basically on firaxis.

It's nice to know the 30fps is a known issue.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
ive tried searching but no hope... can my 750M SLI run SFV? the beta lagged hard for me on the lowest setting but i can play other games like MGSV on ultra and it wont stutter ;_;

Not to say those aren't bad numbers but those are console sales number after they made their profit margins from arcade customers. How many of those arcade customers are going to buy the home release months later when they primarily play in arcades?

Of course those numbers are going to be low it's not surprising.

Were the numbers this low for home ports of arcade games in the past? Thats were the comparison should be.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Small observation from people in streams. Some say they won't get into the game until he complete package, others are waiting for their favorite characters to be put in and some is playing the waiting game to see how robust the online play is. Do people think Capcom should have just added the most popular and staple characters now and then release the new ones via DLC?

MechaX

We are never getting Maxi Boost on consoles
sw9XrVt.jpg

RIP Fundam and Goufy Time.

Small observation from people in streams. Some say they won't get into the game until he complete package, others are waiting for their favorite characters to be put in and some is playing the waiting game to see how robust the online play is. Do people think Capcom should have just added the most popular and staple characters now and then release the new ones via DLC?
nah, new characters are best off in a base release usually. fan favorites move DLC

Dahbomb

They did right on the order of the DLC. We would've heard the same things from these people if R.Mika and Karin were DLC characters.

Though the game probably should've came out in March.

xCobalt

When it comes to characters, they can't please everyone. If capcom just had popular characters, people would criticize them for not releasing new characters at launch.

Nah. I think they chose the right characters to launch with and release on the first wave. There's a healthy mix of new and lesser known characters versus the seasoned vets.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's what I figured. People just need a reason to not get a game. I'm glad reviewers are stating how the game is going to be a whole lot better when things are added and what's here now is good enough to get started with. Except for Fang I like the whole cast. Will be messing around with them all eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom