• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf

Why is street fighter's matchmaking so incredibly garbage?

So i have 1100 LP now, my last opponents have been:
3100, 3100, 2000, 14000, 2000, 3500, 3600, 6600

What the feck.

Starting to think i'd be happier just dropping the game. Wish i had a good alternative to play on PS4. Nitro Blasterz is more fun but the online is extremely dead.

You guys should really try to stop looking at the points, just look away when the loading screen pops up.

You will be surprised how much better you can do when you don't give up before the match even starts.

Play lounge then, ranked is just dumb gimmick town

Battle lounges don't let me filter on connection quality and still don't work over half the time. It's not a great alternative.

You guys should really try to stop looking at the points, just look away when the loading screen pops up.

You will be surprised how much better you can do when you don't give up before the match even starts.

That might be true. I don't think i did badly against those higher ranked guys as such. Still think it would be -better- if the ranking system went and actually matched people up halfway decently.

---
Anyone know how MKX is online nowadays? A lot of other Tekken players seem to enjoy it...

Numb

Battle lounges don't let me filter on connection quality and still don't work over half the time. It's not a great alternative.

That might be true. I don't think i did badly against those higher ranked guys as such. Still think it would be -better- if the ranking system went and actually matched people up halfway decently.

---
Anyone know how MKX is online nowadays? A lot of other Tekken players seem to enjoy it...
Been playing nothing but lounges and works even with non-EU fellas
Earlier was very crazy tho

street fighter really is the only figher where anyone bothers with ranked. Most other fighters players will drop into lobbies and play longer sets

Tekken has lots of people on ranked. Even at this point i'd say TTT2 gives me a better experience on that front than SF5, and that's with TTT2 having looots of rerankers/smurf accounts and busted servers twice a month or so.

But you're definitely right when considering anime games for example. Those are a complete wasteland after the first three days. At least the lobbies are like fifty times as good as SF's.

Nemo on topanga said that he doesn't think he'll get into capcom cup this year as he thinks you need 300 points to qualify, which favors players that can travel oversea often.

Nuu

Banned
At least from the article it seems that Capcom understand the actual reason why Street Fighter V underperformed, rather than take it as "fighting games are dying."

Sayad

What's up with all those "Best xxxx game of xxxx? Vote inside" topics in gaming side?! Wonder if there's a year in the dark ages of fighting game where a PS2 MK game can win such a vote...

Edit: just realized they're all made by the same member!

Perro

Now Marvel 4 will get the top tier treatment it deserves!
UoNcrUc.gif
stop

Imagine SFV with 22 characters, arcade, story mode, good art, no clipping, lobbies, trials, spectator mode, vs CPU, etc. What could have been...

stop

Imagine SFV with 22 characters, arcade, story mode, good art, no clipping, lobbies, trials, spectator mode, vs CPU, etc. What could have been...
That's just SFV next year. ;-)

What's up with all those "Best xxxx game of xxxx? Vote inside" topics in gaming side?! Wonder if there's a year in the dark ages of fighting game where a PS2 MK game can win such a vote...

Edit: just realized they're all made by the same member!
Moderators used to slap those down.

pizzacat

Banned
stop

SFV that had Urien at launch would have been bonkers

They really have something good with CFN but the implementation is so whack.

Dahbomb

Remember when we were saying in Discord this shit needed to be delayed?

I wonder where those arguing otherwise are at now.

Show yourself VJ
Oh man we just calling out folks out now?

I don't remember who supported this but it was more of "they kinda had to do it because of CPT". I see both sides of this, if Capcom were to delay the game then they would have to have delayed it to late 2015 (like right after CPT), early 2016. And considering that Capcom hasn't released much recently, they really needed to put SFV out there.

I don't remember who supported this but it was more of "they kinda had to do it because of CPT". I see both sides of this, if Capcom were to delay the game then they would have to have delayed it to late 2015 (like right after CPT), early 2016. And considering that Capcom hasn't released much recently, they really needed to put SFV out there.

isnt that how its always been

I was saying they needed to delay until June, for when the SP was ready. You were saying April, I think, for different reasons.

In regards to CPT, I think they could've just kept running Ultra until SFV was released and then just transferred the points. Competitive players weren't exactly dying to let go of Ultra and it was obvious from the SP announcement - that it wouldn't ready for launch - that the game was being rushed.

Think they would've have learned from SFxT, UMvC, MK9 & SCV how important it is not to rush a FG to the market and how vital SP would be to its success.

BadWolf

In regards to CPT, I think they could've just kept running Ultra until SFV was released and then just transferred the points.

This makes zero sense, a lot of the top players have fallen off the map when it comes to transitioning from USF4 to SFV. Getting points in one is irrelevant when it comes to the other.

As someone who enjoys SF for the core gameplay, basic online play, competitive scene etc. I'm glad that the game came out when it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom