• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally in games with touch of death all characters can do so as well.

As you said, ring outs are *immediate*. TOD combos force you to sit there and wait it out. Some of them are quick, but others aren't. Maybe you hold out the hope that the player doing the TOD will drop the combo, and then you get your turn back.

The only people that I've heard complain about ring outs in fighting games are casual players. It can be argued that perhaps fighting games with TOD combos weren't made with TOD combos in mind. I suppose Marvel 3 certainly was given that it has X-Factor, but I don't think Smash 4 was designed with that in mind.

ShinMaruku

3137b8e6b8872a82045289f3b3341920.jpg

www.twitch.tv/shinmaruku
Lobby up.

Now if Bayonetta was not made in mind for TOD then I can see the issue.

Dahbomb

MVC3 was designed with TODs in mind. Some of the Mission mode combos do like 700k damage and with a simple DHC tagged on that kills a lot of characters. People would go up to Seth Killian and be like "omg the damage!!!" and he would be like "meh found a 1 million combo with Phoenix Wright using one bar no XF".

The game was designed to have easy big damage combos for a lot of the cast. They wanted to give every DHC combo "that's 90% welcome to USA" flavor from MVC2.

shaowebb

MVC3 was designed with TODs in mind. Some of the Mission mode combos do like 700k damage and with a simple DHC tagged on that kills a lot of characters. People would go up to Seth Killian and be like "omg the damage!!!" and he would be like "meh found a 1 million combo with Phoenix Wright using one bar no XF".

The game was designed to have easy big damage combos for a lot of the cast. They wanted to give every DHC combo "that's 90% welcome to USA" flavor from MVC2.

I am uncertain whether to feel excited or disgusted by this.
I think thats why folks watched the game at tournament too. That feeling is pretty hype.

K.Sabot

I love watching Sonicfox's stream when he's playing different games because his chat is 70% "when are you going to play mkx" or "i wish you played mkx more".

Nightii

Banned
can you contextualize this? what happened in the new smash patch?
I'm sure the posts above gave you an idea, but the recent Smash 4 patch has been datamined, and it is literally only Bayonetta nerfs.

The community's idea of learning to deal with stuff is complain hard enough to force Nintendo's hand, and it worked.

I'm confident that Cloud is next in the community list now.

I am uncertain whether to feel excited or disgusted by this.
I think thats why folks watched the game at tournament too. That feeling is pretty hype.
It's hype when people first figure it out. Then it's 10 seconds of a match that you zone out during every time it happens.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So I'm guessing there won't be any more fight sticks coming out from Madcatz, whatever is on the market is what is.

I tried calling their support a week ago about some side panels I ordered and the number had been disconnected.
Any ideas where on their site, or anywhere else, I can find the coaxial cable for the T.E.2?

Mine is becoming frayed on coaxial end and I need another one before MC goes completely belly up.

Dahbomb

At least Nintendo's balance patch notes aren't as obtuse as From Software's patch notes:

Code:
Main Adjustments: 
[b]1. Adjusted the efficiency of the Great shield category [/b]
2. Adjusted the consuming FP of the Magic Spell Category 
3. Adjusted the efficiency of the category below: 
- Dragon Slayer’s Axe
- Crescent Axe 
- Dark Drift 
- Washing Pole 
- Moonlight Great Sword 
[b]4. Fixed the shield penetration rate of the partial attack in the scythe category [/b]
5. Fixed the stamina attack of the partial weapon category. 
6. Improved the matching of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels covenants. 
7. Improved the password matching rate 
8. Improved other game balance 
9. Several game flaws fixed

Can't tell if stuff is being nerfed or buffed.

Nightii

Banned
At least Nintendo's balance patch notes aren't as obtuse as From Software's patch notes:

Can't tell if stuff is being nerfed or buffed.
Being fair, Nintendo has no patch notes at all for Smash, the stuff you read was datamined from the servers by other people, so From is still not the worst lol.

Nightii

Banned
For whatever it's worth, this is a Smash only thing, since Splatoon gets clear and detailed patch notes.

I guess Sakurai and company want to minimize the amount of babies whining at him? Who knows lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom