• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.la1n

Holy shit, those T7 numbers, dayum~

I am expecting great things from T7 in the future, couldn't be happier about it. KI has a very heavy online centric competitive scene, offline will probably continue to see lower numbers versus other titles. A testament to the netcode but a little disappointing for people like me that always preferred the tournament and local scenes for my fighting game fixes. I would also be interested in seeing demographic data as I would be willing to wager KI's communtiy skews younger i.e players not able to do much if any traveling.

jbug617

Banned
Been a while since an Ono post. Probably E3 prep

Ci3OdpSVAAIHLS0.jpg

@Yoshi_OnoChin: I'll progress to the next stage with Blanka :D
I'm grateful for your continuous support.

Random question: Thinking about going to EVO, just to go and have fun/get out of Japan for a week. How are the tickets working? I looked at the registration page to get a ticket for the 3 days and it only said 2. Mostly wanted to go to SFV finals at the arena, unless they are sold out that is.

Any info/links super appreciated.

peter0611

Random question: Thinking about going to EVO, just to go and have fun/get out of Japan for a week. How are the tickets working? I looked at the registration page to get a ticket for the 3 days and it only said 2. Mostly wanted to go to SFV finals at the arena, unless they are sold out that is.

Any info/links super appreciated.
This year, there are 2 separate tickets if you want to experience the entire 3 day event.
Register at EVO site for 2 day pass @ LV Convention Center.
To register for Sunday finals @ Mandalay Bay Arena, go here.

Tripon

If people who are interested in Killer Instinct want to see the game survive at tournaments, people need to go to them. No two ways about it.

Are any of those how you define the #1 fighting game with a thriving scene?

Personally I don't care to define it.

But this thread has constantly argued that "smash is a separate scene", which is somewhat related to the "there is no cohesion between fighting game scenes" argument. So from my point of view it doesn't seem like going out of your way to just completely ignore the existence of one game or another.

Smash definitely gets very little representation in this thread, same goes for Mortal Kombat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom