• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

HS's infrastructure is getting there, issue is that it's heavily, heavily reliant on their Ladder system.

Can't really go to their qualifiers without having really high ranks in their ladder per season and their ladder system is trash. Not only is it trash but the format is nothing like their tournament so to prepare for tournaments you can't rely on ladder experience you need offline partner practice. That may sound obvious to most people here but in fighting games you don't have to touch online rank matches to be competitive and participate in tournaments. Where as pretty much every top HS grinds online ladder like it's a job, just hundreds of games poured into it when they get little out of it in terms of actual skill and experience.

Sayad

What's the easiest competitive game to start earning money from? Competitive success only, streams and online begging doesn't count.

Dahbomb

What's the easiest competitive game to start earning money from? Competitive success only, streams and online begging doesn't count.
From who's point of view?

It's probably still HS from a player perspective. A lot of no names players end up coming to tournaments and taking away money from long standing players due to the nature of the game. If you are an online monster you can qualify then get lucky in a tournament to get some money. Then hopefully you get sponsored and more money starts coming.

No execution, reflex, precision or APM demand. No need to learn esoteric game mechanics, most things play out pretty straightforward. A lot of people play it so you would have no shortage of training partners or match up experience.

Spuck-uk

Banned
HS was what I expected, a big enough tournament scene with a lot of money in it, compared to something Naruto! Speaking of which:

How hard is it to beat top Naruto player? Is it the competition being so low or the game being random?!

The level of competition is really low. A local player got to nationals despite only having played the game for a day

Maybe Jazzism, except he is banned, rip.

Who else lives in lives in Japan and cares about GG right now? Zissou?

Otherwise it's at least 36 hours more for the PSN version.

shaowebb

Think its hard on you Dizzy Fans? I played Testament, Bridget and Zappa a ton. At least Dizzy won the poll. I'm all alone out here hoping and dreaming.

miku

ARC said JP ver of GGXrdR only have JP voices and texts. No plan to add other languages.

But SIGN had a day 1 patch with English voices and texts...?

Sayad

ARC said JP ver of GGXrdR only have JP voices and texts. No plan to add other languages.

But SIGN had a day 1 patch with English voices and texts...?
Probably to avoid people from other regions picking up the Japanese version. What about the other Asian stores?

Revelator character appearances:
Baiken and Robo-ky are both in the story

Glad I'm not getting revelator. The third iteration of this game is gonna be sick tho.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

Poker. I have a cousin who is a professional poker player. People pay him to actually play for them.

Lemstar

JP version of Revelator doesn't have English text this time around.

Asian R3 version does (421 HKD means you'd have to buy a 500 HKD point card), but it doesn't seem like there's a PS3 version coming out this week.

shaowebb

At this point I seriously doubt Marvel will be a fighter anytime soon, but I figure we'll be seeing it in games soon enough.

Outside of mobile what do you think will be made next for it?

I'm kind of wondering if someone will try to make a Marvel themed game similar in genre to Overwatch or Battleborn what with all their hype.

Nightii

Banned
Baiken
is coming, now I can actually be fully excited about Xrd.

Whenever the version following Revelator shows up lol.

Line_HTX

Is it true Arksy doesn't want folks streaming story mode? I saw a message on twitter about it. How backwards is that?

ASW has been really ass about copyright besides story mode for a long time.

Although really, who would want to sit through story mode when what you should be doing is learning you character?

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom