• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there's actually been a lot less hype as Revelator is getting closer to release date then when Xrd originally launched on console. I guess the initial wow factor, the anticipation, the thirst for a new release has worn off.

Let's remember the good times I guess like

https://youtu.be/OYkPEJ95uKM

ArtisticZigzagGalapagospenguin.gif

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So there's actually been a lot less hype as Revelator is getting closer to release date then when Xrd originally launched on console. I guess the initial wow factor, the anticipation, the thirst for a new release has worn off.

XRD Sign was my first Guilty Gear and I really really didn't like it. I imagine I'm not alone.

Rhapsody

Banned

I mean, in terms of competitive/VS play, technically the game's been already out as far as the demo build goes. People are just waiting for 3 new characters is all that's left. And if you aren't interested in the new characters, your old character plays like Sign outside of some system changes.

Plus I already have the JP version, so I'm set.

Nuu

Banned
For some reason I always imagined Sega doing Virtua Fighter VI and doing the home release exclusively on high end PCs. It would have the most cutting edge graphics ever and would be the Crysis of the modern era.

I'd like to see 3DFGs come out on PC. I think DOA5 is the only recent example, whereas 2DFGs are all over from big titles like SF down to niche stuff like Koihime Enbu and Melty Blood

Tekken 7 is coming over to PC.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I don't want to blow people's minds here but Story Mode is probably going to be half-assed, like the rest of the game.

Half-assed is what your typical fighting game story provides, since SFV is so woefully deficient in all areas, I'd expect quarter-assed at best.

Kalamari

Whatever the least amount of effort is, Capcom found it and put it into story mode. It's not going to improve sales significantly, so why even try.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
It's the CPT NA Finals from what it says on the site, it should fill up pretty easily. Considering it's the week before the CPT Finals, some of the JPs might come because of the proximity.

So, should we schedule that time to go and watch? :D

Nightii

Banned
Will the AI be effectively braindead like in the character stories? Or will they actually be challenging, prompting casuals to complain about having to put in some effort to watch their silly cutscenes? I look forward to seeing how Capcom blunders through this.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Hrm two separate dates on the Red Bull site for the NA finals - Nov 4-6 and Dec 4-6. Wonder which dates it actually is.

mbpm1

Will the AI be effectively braindead like in the character stories? Or will they actually be challenging, prompting casuals to complain about having to put in some effort to watch their silly cutscenes? I look forward to seeing how Capcom blunders through this.

They will all be Survival Hell difficulty

Slaythe

And it's rather noticeable how that made no difference at all one way or the other.

What ?

It's got an almost worldwide release this time around, has great numbers in streams compared to sign, more participation at events too.

Don't know what you're talking about.

The Rev demo was almost the full game so there wasn't a huge change at release since everyone interested was already on board.

This will probably have more marketing overseas this time around so we'll see.

How is it noticable that the demo didn't affect people's excitement? That's what I'm asking.

There isn't nearly as much conversation about the game or any sort of match videos being posted. In terms of match videos the biggest thing that happened is someone mentioning "Jazz" posting irc chat logs about how he couldn't get a story up about exhibition matches on SRK or something.

Outside of conversations about characters not being the game yet there hasn't been that much either.

I don't know, certainly looks that way to me.

Don't know what you're talking about.

I am talking about this thread.

man, it's been so long since i've played i forgot the color bullshit was a thing

not looking forward to never being able to use ibuki's 7-10 colors . . .

Rhapsody

Banned
There isn't nearly as much conversation about the game or any sort of match videos being posted. In terms of match videos the biggest thing that happened is someone mentioning "Jazz" posting irc chat logs about how he couldn't get a story up about exhibition matches on SRK or something.

Outside of conversations about characters not being the game yet there hasn't been that much either.

I don't know, certainly looks that way to me.

Jack-O and Jam tutorials going around. Twitter filled with Haehyun unblockable setups and Raven combos. Guilty Gear XrdR Battle Summit exhibition being hyped up for Combobreaker that was a 5v5 from various regions. Mikado setting up specific player matches as exhibitions with themes attached to them. Mikado doing their campaign with Jazz to help fund more JP players to go to Evo, etc.

Ever since the demo, there's been more tech and routes being shown off since JP players don't have to pay money for training mode and US players finally get their hands on it. Then we have more stuff like more proxy OS discussion that exists in both BB and GG because how they're made and so forth.

I think there's been a decent amount of discussion ever since the demo. If you're looking only at GAF, you won't be finding a lot of it here besides character begging and of course drama (like the IRC chat log you mentioned). I used to like dropping by on GAF to help share this kind of stuff, but honestly, it's not that fun anymore. Other usual posters (that talked about ASW) pretty much did the same too.

I think there's been a decent amount of discussion ever since the demo. If you're looking only at GAF, you won't be finding a lot of it here besides character begging and of course drama (like the IRC chat log you mentioned). I used to like dropping by on GAF to help share this kind of stuff, but honestly, it's not that fun anymore. Other usual posters (that talked about ASW) pretty much did the same too.
Well it's exactly what I was talking about it, and I guess you just supported my statement. Thanks.

Skilletor

so why did they remove neckbreaker? cut down on easy setups?

Probably because they didn't want her having too many ways around fireballs?

That's all I've got. I get spinny kicks because that would be braindead footsie pressure unless they nerfed it hard and made it only useful in combos.

CurlyW

https://combobreaker.org/2016-incident-statement/

On May 29 at Combo Breaker 2016, an incident occurred where a female attendee was groped by a male attendee, confirmed to be Noel Brown. This incident was caught on film, and the victim – who has asked not to be named – has since provided a statement to event operatives confirming and outlining the inappropriateness of Mr. Brown’s behavior. Due to the nature of the offense, Mr. Brown will not be permitted to attend Combo Breaker’s 2017 and potential 2018 events. Combo Breaker will re-evaluate Mr. Brown’s eligibility to attend our events in 2018.

Harassment will continue to have a zero tolerance policy at Combo Breaker events. Be considerate and respectful of all attendees.

Thank you.

Line_HTX

Jack-O and Jam tutorials going around. Twitter filled with Haehyun unblockable setups and Raven combos. Guilty Gear XrdR Battle Summit exhibition being hyped up for Combobreaker that was a 5v5 from various regions. Mikado setting up specific player matches as exhibitions with themes attached to them. Mikado doing their campaign with Jazz to help fund more JP players to go to Evo, etc.

Ever since the demo, there's been more tech and routes being shown off since JP players don't have to pay money for training mode and US players finally get their hands on it. Then we have more stuff like more proxy OS discussion that exists in both BB and GG because how they're made and so forth.

*raises hand* Guilty of not being active at all because of this.

Everyone is leaving...

:(

Haehyun unblockable setups

What unblockables? =3

I'm excited for Revelator, i just really hope i like playing Haehyun and/or Dizzy comes out soon.

For some reason none of my friends are getting it, seems weird to me since it looks like Revelator has basically everything you could want in a fighting game. Perhaps they were too burned by the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom