• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talonz

Dafuq? What did he do to his stream?

0sZRsBH.png

Floe is the Turkey... literally.

Lemstar

MajinObama ‏22dJazz 6 hours ago

I will be restreaming Day 1 of the XrdR Youdeal League on my channel http://twitch.tv/majinobama in approx 13 hours. tune in for some sick sets!

Lineup:
Dogura(Sin) vs Omito(Johnny)
Machabo(Sin) vs Isamu (Venom)
Tomo(Leo) vs Dogura(Sin)
FAB(Potemkin) vs Susumu(Chipp)
Ogawa(Zato) vs Omito(Johnny)
Tomo(Leo) vs Susumu(Chipp)

starts 10AM Eastern/7AM Pacific

Also, wasn't there a CPT rule about directly working with Twitch will get you disqualified from tournaments? lol.
Don't think daigo will use the twitch tag for cpt. In the chinese league, Daigo will use the twitch tag, but at the ranking event he won't. Pretty sure Jiyuna said that.

you start working for twitch and that's when you start losing.

Mike Ross didn't say that, KBrad did. He said it during the Tokyo Game Show USF4 tournament during Gamerbee matches.

After he said that, Mike Ross shot back with "Well, I guess that means you're working for Twitch given your recent performance".

K.Sabot

The fuck is Naventic...

It's a Heroes of the Storm team, who the fuck supports HotS as an esport anymore outside of blizzard forcing it into colleges and Blizzcon.

Naventic sounds like a Zeveron in the making. Good luck to Flash, I hope it works out.

pixelish

The fuck is Naventic...

It's a Heroes of the Storm team, who the fuck supports HotS as an esport anymore outside of blizzard forcing it into colleges and Blizzcon.

Naventic sounds like a Zeveron in the making. Good luck to Flash, I hope it works out.

well, naventic seems like a legit team. their hots team won dreamhack austin recently based on their liquipedia page (http://wiki.teamliquid.net/heroes/Team_Naventic) and they have a solid twitter following.

lpn's team is the shady one. who puts a 17 year old kid in charge of an esports team? lol

.la1n

Wonder if being Xbone exlusive early had anything to do with it
Game is good and support from the devs is next lvl compared to most

I have no doubt that being exclusive to Xbox One hurt the game. I had hoped the PC release would ignite more interest (and it has to a degree) but even that has been bogged down by Windows Store front and Windows 10 requirements.

It's unfortunate because the game in its current form is one of the best fighting games I've had the pleasure of playing. As you said the developers are second to none at community participation and communication. It's basically the polar opposite of Street Fighter V in that regard.

I won't stop supporting KI but I had really hoped it would have taken off more than it has this late in the game.

Wonder if being Xbone exlusive early had anything to do with it
Game is good and support from the devs is next lvl compared to most

It's funny things flip flopped from previous generations. Last gen if this would of came out for X360 it wouldn't of even hurt the game as that was the more popular system.

Numb

I have no doubt that being exclusive to Xbox One hurt the game. I had hoped the PC release would ignite more interest (and it has to a degree) but even that has been bogged down by Windows Store front and Windows 10 requirements.

It's unfortunate because the game in its current form is one of the best fighting games I've had the pleasure of playing. As you said the developers are second to none at community participation and communication. It's basically the polar opposite of Street Fighter V in that regard.

I won't stop supporting KI but I had really hoped it would have taken off more than it has this late in the game.

It's funny things flip flopped from previous generations. Last gen if this would of came out for X360 it wouldn't of even hurt the game as that was the more popular system.
MS fuck up was meme tier bad and the closer a game was to it's launch the more it dealt with
And the Windows stuff is another thing.

Damn, I thought I didn't like SF5 but fucking Henry Cen makes me look like a fan in comparison. Dude hates SFV, salty as fuck at the fact the scene in NY is less active than during Ultra.

pixelish

Damn, I thought I didn't like SF5 but fucking Henry Cen makes me look like a fan in comparison. Dude hates SFV, salty as fuck at the fact the scene in NY is less active than during Ultra.

is it true you're gonna relinquish your previous wizard world win to compete in this weekend's wizard world tournament?

MrDaravon

Apex 2015 had 2000+ attendees

Apex 2016 is currently at 419 attendees.
https://smash.gg/tournament/apex-2016/details

Not surprising given the insane shitshow last year was, and then this year it's being run by Bifuteki ( L O L ) and largely (completely?) other people who had nothing to do with saving it last year. And it's a week before CEO which forces a lot of people to choose. And it's previous bad reputation with the co-owner who I feel like I'm still seeing conflicting reports on whether or not he's involved etc.

They probably should have just let the name die and start something new if they were gonna do anything at all.

K.Sabot

well, naventic seems like a legit team. their hots team won dreamhack austin recently based on their liquipedia page (http://wiki.teamliquid.net/heroes/Team_Naventic) and they have a solid twitter following.

lpn's team is the shady one. who puts a 17 year old kid in charge of an esports team? lol

That's like saying the team that won Dreamhack in Bloodline Champions is your sponsor.

Both games have relatively little esports interest and are / were being artificially inflated by the parent company. SFV pools on a capcomfighters stream regularly beats HotS ESL professional streams in terms of viewer interest and retention. Naventic as a team will exist as long as blizzard wants to keep HotS alive as an expensive, well produced esport without any audience.

That's like saying the team that won Dreamhack in Bloodline Champions is your sponsor.

Both games have relatively little esports interest and are / were being artificially inflated by the parent company. SFV pools on a capcomfighters stream regularly beats HotS ESL professional streams in terms of viewer interest and retention. Naventic as a team will exist as long as blizzard wants to keep HotS alive as an expensive, well produced esport without any audience.

What went wrong with HOTS? Is it just too crowded for mobas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom