• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

Better than paying $60 for a game with JUST 16 characters, has shit online, no modes, looks like crap, and has bad gameplay,. Doesn't change the fact it's a way better value than SFV & does everything better. Are you honestly trying to hold the fact that Xrd was a great game full of content against Revalator because it didn't have so many things that need fixing with an update?

GGXrd's online is no better than SFV's. And even if your matchmaking is good it's useless when no one is online to play against. And the game isn't a better value to me if I have no desire to play bullshit feature checklist filler modes. Why would I watch a poorly written, mostly poorly animated 5 hour anime movie? The only thing I wanted from Revelator is the extra characters but I guess I have to pony up for this other shit I have no use for but it's OK because "it's a better value."

I really like Revelator but I'd say the only thing it does better unequivocally is the tutorial mode. I don't award points for a bunch of stuff that I have no interest in.

Wait, someone actually thinks the ArcSys way of releasing games is the right way?
KuGsj.gif

Tripon

I predicted SFV would hit the cap for CEO. But I thought it would need emergency registration to reach that. CEO doesn't have emergency registration so SFV will probably fall short. Maybe just 900 at best even with a huge rush to register at the last second. Hope I'm wrong though, I'd love to see another SFV tourney hit the 1,000 mark.

Yeah, I don't see CEO hitting the cap for SFV unless there's just this surge of players waiting to reg at the last second. I don't know what Jebailey could do differently to hit the cap, or if he even wants to.

On a somewhat related note, I actually think Combo Breaker would have been near a 1000 and have more players if they didn't have a cap of 640 players. With the way people were talking about Combo Breaker, it seemed like it was THE tournament to go to for the year, where I feel that CEO's year to year excellence kinda hurts it in that respect. People expect CEO to be great every year, so its kind of ho hum.

And obviously, EVO is on its own level.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Rev was 100% worth my 60 bucks as a long time series fan.

More music, more characyers, reworked blitz system, reworked side dust, new 4 1/2 hour story, upgraded lobby, upgraded trials, better tutorial, upgraded visuals, resigned stages.

I have 0 issues buying upgrades like this at full price ONCE a year. I put hundreds and hundreds of hours into these games the money to time value always wins out

BadWolf

SFV (free updates, earnable/purchasable characters etc.) and KOFXIV (just giving you everything) are the best approaches imo.

Forcing people to purchase for full price again just for a few characters is dumb.

Slaythe

SFV (free updates, earnable/purchasable characters etc.) and KOFXIV (just giving you everything) are the best approaches imo.

Forcing people to purchase for full price again just for a few characters is dumb.

Quantity over Quality.

KOF 14 looking like straight dog shit and SFV lacking crucial content, okay then.

Dahbomb

Graphics are alright, at least the game is a lot brighter than before.

Supergirl face is still kinda meh though at least better than WW in Injustice.

Same junky animations as Injustice 1 unfortunately.

Black Manta was in there.

Was there any gameplay in the footage y'all saw or was it the average "what's gameplay, i need sik grafix" discussion

They showed a stage transition and some specials, but not a lot to gain from it except what specials some characters have like Supergirl's walk forward eye laser. Can't gain much info from a bunch of jump cuts between action. It looks like Batman's super involves his Batplane.

Malice215

So glad that they got rid of the doo doo brown art direction from the first game.

There's still plenty of time to put some work on these faces.

Dahbomb

Guarantee this makes a shitload more bank than SFV. :D
Not like that's a hard minimum to achieve. I almost want to say that a DMC5 being released soon could make more bank than SFV.

And yeah game play looked very similar to Injustice 1 so if you liked that then you will like this... if not then probably not for you.

Injustice 2 looks like more of the same. Meh.

Same kinda animations, Supergirl looks like crap of course, same overly long stage transitions.

At least there's a little bit of color in there this time i guess.

The Light

Most of the trailer was stage transitions and supers. Saw a couple of special moves like supergirl lasers and aquaman using legs of a kraken (may have been a grab) and Grodd using telekinesis to make atrocitus hit himself.

Also Black Manta may have been an NPC. He didn't have the nrs design of the other characters.

.la1n

I'm disappointed that Black Manta looks to be just a stage transition. I thought the game looked great graphically but I'm fairly easy to please. It's surely a March/April 2017 release so still lots of polish to go.

Animations look better than the original, expected as much since MK X did make strides in that department. Can't comment on game play mechanics from short segments but looks fun.

pizzacat

Banned
It's the first trailer but that injustice 2 looks worse than mkx, who knows it probably doesn't but backlash right? Or sweep it under the rug and just pretend it would be alright like the suit stuff?

Also that boy manta being a stage npc smh

Dahbomb

Backgrounds are a big step up from before. Some of those are same stages from before in Injustice 1 but they look unrecognizable because of how much improved they are.

The better lighting/lack of dark brown filter helps things.

The Light

hoping for actual gameplay at E3. Only thing I got from that trailer are that stage interactions and transitions are back.

Did like the armor designs more than I did in the first. Nothing bulky and sticking out and more similar to new 52 armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom