• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

vg260

I'm disappointed that Black Manta looks to be just a stage transition.

His clip was in the middle of the super move montage part of the trailer, which was after they had stage transition clips, separated by clips showing armor changes. So, it was likely sandwiched there for a reason, meaning it's part of his super.

shaowebb

Looking it over, Dex-starr is in some match scenes with Atrocitus and not in others. This likely means that traits are back and he is a trait activation like Zodd's monster more than a Ferra Torr thing. Otherwise it would mean variations are in and Dex-Starr is variation only.

I always wondered how many players actually use stylish mode in the real world. Feels like pride would get in the way of most people and stop them from picking the "noob" control scheme.

peter0611

Hmm. Playing characters you enjoy and that mesh with your style obviously makes sense. But there comes a point where the prize is so big that I'd focus on doing anything that increases my chances of winning. That's just me though. Don't even know if that was Sonic's intent with Alien. I am happy that Foxy prevented the mirror.

Hmm. Playing characters you enjoy and that mesh with your style obviously makes sense. But there comes a point where the prize is so big that I'd focus on doing anything that increases my chances of winning. That's just me though. Don't even know if that was Sonic's intent with Alien. I am happy that Foxy prevented the mirror.
sometimes no matter how good a character is, they will never click with you and you will just not be good with them.

It is always funny when a dude complains that a game is easy and takes no skill but they cannot win. Or the professional player who complains about a top tier character but won't use them. IDK how they work through the mental gymnastics. But a player who just uses who they like makes sense.

shaowebb

Winning isn't everything. I wouldn't switch from my favorite character for any prize pool.

Holla. I mained Ironfist. Play who you love. This is why I get a lot out of Injustice. I don't have any characters I truly hate in DC. For that matter in Mortal Kombat either.

I'm really hoping that with gear they add all the Alex Ross armor designs from the "Justice" comic as gear to equip. That shit would get played by me a ton no matter what it did.

ce8viP4.jpg

The Light

It is always funny when a dude complains that a game is easy and takes no skill but they cannot win. Or the professional player who complains about a top tier character but won't use them. IDK how they work through the mental gymnastics. But a player who just uses who they like makes sense.

I assume the reason for this is that people don't want to waste all the time they put into learning a character and match-ups to only drop them and have to learn all over again with a new one.

Just because one character is the best doesn't mean anyone can play it.
Just because a player is "professional" doesn't mean they have mastered every aspect of the game. According to some people here "pro players" are actually really lazy and lack grasp on a lot of aspects of the game. The American ones anyway.

It's hardly mental gymnastics and more the expectations placed on pro players are delusional.

Holla. I mained Ironfist. Play who you love. This is why I get a lot out of Injustice. I don't have any characters I truly hate in DC. For that matter in Mortal Kombat either.

I'm really hoping that with gear they add all the Alex Ross armor designs from the "Justice" comic as gear to equip. That shit would get played by me a ton no matter what it did.

My love of comics and MK is about equal, so yeah I'm super passionate about both too.

Dahbomb

Poongko the nut, going all in with the DP on Ken's DP.

My top 5 for Injustice 2:

1) Constantine
2) Doctor Fate
3) Starfire
4) Spectre
5) Dr Manhattan

Though to be honest I am not a big fan of the more obscure DC stuff unlike with Marvel... the big JL and Teen Titan characters are enough for me. I didn't list Static Shock because I am not sure if he would be in there.

Beta Stage

Neo Member
I'm not quite ready to make fun of Supergirl's face yet because, to me, it just screams WiP.

Now to talk about the trailer itself. Hype!! As someone who rates IGAU as his second favorite fighter, this game looks like more of the same but better. Especially the facial animations and color palette. I do wish there was some Supes gameplay -_-. And no, his cinematic super doesn't count. I do like how Supergirl and Grodd are looking, though. SG has a zoning tool that actually advances her forward (surprising) and a super speed teleport (not surprising). She seems to be rushdown oriented, which means that her cousin is probably going to be the jack of all trades character again. Although this time I hope he is a master of none and not a master of everything (even if he is my main). As for Grodd, I'm not quite sure what to make of his playstyle. Perhaps a zoning grappler? Akin to Kan-Ra from KI without the traps but telekinesis shenanigans instead,maybe? All I know is that forcing your opponent to hit themself is going to be hilarious! Oh, and I think that was Black Manta performing his super. Having a transition in the super montage would be the ultimate troll move.

Ok now that that's out of the way, time for the obligatory-who-I-want-in-the-game list:

5. Vixen
4. Big Barda
3. Static
2. Steel
1. Karate Kid!!!

And Neo as the guest character >_>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom