• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not fun but that FM, also alts count as another character so ryu gets double the fm for each survival

I went through survival on easy and normal. I died on the last fight on normal because the AI suddenly decided to play competently.

Tonight I'm going to finish story mode and hopefully never touch single player until June.

Please allow us to buy costume colors with FM in the store. Please.

The good thing is that although the AI is bullshit now and punishes everything I don't think it has a clue what to do against EX Running grab by gief lol

Just sits there and stares at you

Beat Bison just by doing that

Gief >> Singleplayer again?
I have yet to have the AI block Bison's follow-up attack from Head Stomp.

I just don't get how people find playing the AI fun. I used to think it was too and now I absolutely hate it.
Remember how you thought back then, and regain understanding.

Coda

I went through survival on easy and normal. I died on the last fight on normal because the AI suddenly decided to play competently.

Tonight I'm going to finish story mode and hopefully never touch single player until June.

Please allow us to buy costume colors with FM in the store. Please.

Haha I failed Normal on my first attempt because I didn't think I needed a health boost on the final stage. Worst decision ever. I'm scared to touch Survival Hard and HELL. However, I saw on youtube that you can basically spam DP with Ryu or Ken and beat HELL easily: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLyvS1OBTM

Problem is I want to beat it with R. Mika in order to get her specific title.

Right now I'm rocking the "Zangief Fan Club President" title. :)

Numb

That moment the only colors you care about are gotten through easy
rejoice.png

Haha I failed Normal on my first attempt because I didn't think I needed a health boost on the final stage. Worst decision ever. I'm scared to touch Survival Hard and HELL. However, I saw on youtube that you can basically spam DP with Ryu or Ken and beat HELL easily: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLyvS1OBTM

Problem is I want to beat it with R. Mika in order to get her specific title.

I want to beat it with Chun. How do I cheese this mode with Chun with the least amount of effort possible? I hate this mode so much.

And then there's the fact that not only is going through survival via character, but also costume. So if I want the colors for both costumes I need to do survival completely on all modes for both costumes. I fucking hate survival mode with a thousand suns. Capcom, please. it's easily this games largest flaw.

Coda

That moment the only colors you care about are gotten through easy
rejoice.png

Haha yes, all I care about is mint green Mika and you get that by beating Easy. I do want to beat Hard and HELL though for the Fight Money and unique title.

I want to beat it with Chun. How do I cheese this mode with Chun with the least amount of effort possible? I hate this mode so much.

d/f+hk into a combo over and over. I just did d/f+hk into cr mk SBK dash up repeat. It killed stage 27-30.

That mode sucks. Blue is my favorite color so I'll use the classic blue dress anyway but I wanted colors for my main for the sake of completion. I did it on easy and normal with both costumes but I don't think I'll bother with hard. Maybe at some point if I am bored and that d/f+hk works for all 100 stages.

Numb

Haha yes, all I care about is mint green Mika and you get that by beating Easy. I do want to beat Hard and HELL though for the Fight Money and unique title.
Same thing i got
Also Vega with that sweet sweet 3rd combo

I got lots of mileage out of spamming st mk as Chun. Maybe I'll try that on normal later.

Spamming Vega's target combo got me real far and you get meter in seconds
Once you find something with Chun the AI can't do anything about you just spam it

Manbig

No he just punished it plain and simple. Laura's CA can be reacted to after the superflash. You gotta combo it, or do it when it's guaranteed.

Had to confirm this for myself. Seems like you can even jump after the flash lol. Rough. Guess they didn't want to give her an instant grab at all.

Manbig

I really like Karins c.mp and mk.

Unrelated note
Ryus backdash is crazy

Aris told me a few of the backdash rankings in the Prima guide (which is apparently a pretty great guide) and Ryu is probably second best. Cammy's backdash is on another level though. Easily best in the game. I have to come up with completely different oki specifically for her because of it.

WHY DID I SIT STILL TO GET HIT AND CHIPPED BY IT ALL THOSE TIMES ugh

It's a grab. It doesn't chip.

So any tips how to stay in on Ryu with Laura? Those dps keep me honest, and I can't be honest with Laura :(

If you eat a DP and back roll there isn't much he can do to you. Eating a dp doesn't mean anywhere near as much in this game as it did in 4. Also, if your neutral is good, you're probably landing enough stHKs and crHPs to where eating a dp doesn't really swing life advantage.

You can always bait and punish, but defaulting to "he's gonna dp" is not so necessary anymore.

Manbig

Knock him down

Bait out wake up dp

Punish

Repeat until he stops and start your Laura shit

I think he's fighting opponents that play a little smarter than that. Ryu sitting at around mid range is annoying to deal with as Laura, because you have to take some big risks to try to close the gap from there. You can use an EX fireball to try to cover your ass, but that leaves you incredibly open to being jumped in on. Of course, you can try to read fireball and jump in, but it goes without saying what happens there. His fireball pressure can easily push you away if you don't want to risk jumping in.

So in general, it just seems like you have to make the read and go in, and try not to let him get away when you're in his face. Though I am fairly confident in that match up when I have the life lead, and can just sit on it. My lack of patience does get the better of me sometimes though.

Ferrio

Banned
If you eat a DP and back roll there isn't much he can do to you. Eating a dp doesn't mean anywhere near as much in this game as it did in 4. Also, if your neutral is good, you're probably landing enough stHKs and crHPs to where eating a dp doesn't really swing life advantage.

You can always bait and punish, but defaulting to "he's gonna dp" is not so necessary anymore.

Ya I guess I should hang back a bit more, be patient and play footsies. I was just really getting into this guy's face, but he'd read what I would go for each time. He wouldn't dp forever, I'd think it was safe and boom...dp. Once he got into my head with those dps, it really made me second guess my offense.

I really need to work on my hit confirms too since it's mostly random stray hits with her.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
damn, beardless ultradavid lookin like a teenager

What do I make of this? This is oddly unsettling...

Quoting for later use. SFV is a great game.

Not huge into Cutie Honey but I love me some Go Nagai art. Maison Ikkoku is probably my number one animu of all time.

I could probably drop my year restriction down to like...1992 and still be okay.

Something that we can agree upon. Maison Ikkoku and Orange Road are the best.

Knock him down

Bait out wake up dp

Punish

Repeat until he stops and start your Laura shit

Having played Count a ridiculous number of times, I can tell you that matchup is difficult for Ryu since he can get punished for trying to DP on wakeup. Best idea is to zone her and keep her out of your face. Sadly her roundhouse CC and crouching forward is too damn good to even bother playing footsies with her.

Edit:

Did I mention that she has a two button dash?

Rhapsody

Banned
People have issues with anti-airing as Nash? Try timing cr.MP? Air throw? Jump back air normal?

I feel like all of you guys want a DP or something lol

Rhapsody

Banned
Having played Count a ridiculous number of times, I can tell you that matchup is difficult for Ryu since he can get punished for trying to DP on wakeup. Best idea is to zone her and keep her out of your face. Sadly her roundhouse CC and crouching forward is too damn good to even bother playing footsies with her.
:|

That doesn't make a matchup difficult lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom