• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want delay based netcode bag.

This is garbage. Missing like a every other second of animation just means you still have to guess all the time anyway and it's impossible to react to stuff.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is all very new. Daigo finally answering the call of millions. Maybe he's going through a mid-life crisis, he's near that age.

jbug617

Banned
Seems like it's going to be an allstar stream.
CbszBFMVIAA_sWk.jpg

Kumubou

I want delay based netcode bag.

This is garbage. Missing like a every other second of animation just means you still have to guess all the time anyway and it's impossible to react to stuff.
It looks like there's an issue with how SF5 handles sync, which is why you're seeing instances where one player is in teleport hell and the other player's game is fine. It's basically pushing all of the lag compensation to one player's side. Seems to be more of an issue when a PC player is involved. It's fixable but of course they had to Capcpom the netcode up.

They really should allow for a configurable delay though, so the people who want it can have it and it doesn't affect the other player's experience in any way.

(For those wondering, that Twitter poster has done a number of netplay hacks for fighting games -- he knows his stuff.)

I thought this was going to be Daigo in his bedroom or something like that. But a all star cast instead. Should be fun to watch when they start playing.

shaowebb

It looks like there's an issue with how SF5 handles sync, which is why you're seeing instances where one player is in teleport hell and the other player's game is fine. It's basically pushing all of the lag compensation to one player's side. Seems to be more of an issue when a PC player is involved. It's fixable but of course they had to Capcpom the netcode up.

They really should allow for a configurable delay though, so the people who want it can have it and it doesn't affect the other player's experience in any way.

(For those wondering, that Twitter poster has done a number of netplay hacks for fighting games -- he knows his stuff.)

Hmmm...I had this issue a lot with Dolphin. Can be a complete ruiner of matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom