• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

So, punishing them with anti-airs or air throws to get them to not do that is bad?

Shouldn't punishing them be a good teaching tool?

Let me add you. I'm briannn on CFN and wild_whiskey on PSN. I got a party in an hour but I'll be around in the evening to play a few days a week.

Awesome.

Account I've been playing on (cause it has my dlc on it) is:

CFN: Captain_Marvel
PSN: Cpt_Marvel_

Real PSN: Valkerion7
CFN: Valkerion

But I have not been using the real one for SF5. Dat Zenny and costumes are account locked so I can't use my original account and get the extras.

Usually good to go in the evenings,

I'm in Kagoshima btw.

GorillaJu

Awesome.

Account I've been playing on (cause it has my dlc on it) is:

CFN: Captain_Marvel
PSN: Cpt_Marvel_

Real PSN: Valkerion7
CFN: Valkerion

But I have not been using the real one for SF5. Dat Zenny and costumes are account locked so I can't use my original account and get the extras.

Usually good to go in the evenings,

I'm in Kagoshima btw.

Did you get the Japanese version? I also have two accounts, one for JP-exclusive stuff but it's got almost nothing on it. I just buy everything over US PSN. #PartOfTheProblem

Went 2-2 in my my first SF. Not too bad for my first tournament since Evo last year. I wasn't up to date with some of the changes and was jittery in some matches I should have done better in but oh well. That'll fix itself as I play more in those situations.

Birdie is dumb powerful and Top 5 in the game right now, no contest. He even has a low confirm into damage, lol. st.mk and is a seriously ridiculous button.
Really? I think Birdie is going to end up being pretty low tier. He has really weak offense. If he's against characters that he needs to get in on he struggles .

So I didn't know about this trait until yesterday:

mdlpcw.gif

I was positively flummoxed when victory was 'taken away' from me just like that.

Linari

Neo Member

mdlpcw.gif

I was positively flummoxed when victory was 'taken away' from me just like that.

This definitely helps ken's matchup with dhalsim and fang. Not too positive on fang yet since he shoot two fireballs. I will lab with it later today after a local tournament today.

This definitely helps ken's matchup with dhalsim and fang. Not too positive on fang yet since he shoot two fireballs. I will lab with it later today after a local tournament today.
I assume it'll eat up both hits since Birdie's EX chain behaves similarly to horizontal fireballs if memory serves, but I haven't double-checked either.

Linari

Neo Member
I assume it'll eat up both hits since Birdie's EX chain behaves similarly to horizontal fireballs if memory serves, but I haven't double-checked either.

Thats super interesting. I wonder if there are more quirky things like that.

I learned that Karin can go through fireballs with her dash shoulder move the other day.

Manbig

Hey guys, do PS3 sticks work on the PS4 version of SFV? Also, if they do work, is it similar to how MKX did it where you have to have a regular DS4 connected at the same time?

tokido's sim is looking really nice.

waiting for people to actually learn the timing on his fireballs......once they get knockdown setups going sim is going to be harder to deal with, especially when you combine that with the flame carpet.

its funny how quickly he's turning into dormammu.

Also: I do not think they will nerf anyone until all 6 dlc characters are out

Skilletor

tokido's sim is looking really nice.

waiting for people to actually learn the timing on his fireballs......once they get knockdown setups going sim is going to be harder to deal with, especially when you combine that with the flame carpet.

its funny how quickly he's turning into dormammu.

Also: I do not think they will nerf anyone until all 6 dlc characters are out

They said they're not doing any balance updates until after CPT.

Clawww

mdlpcw.gif

Nice, didn't realize that about ex air tatsu. V-trigger HK tatsu would have probably worked out in this situation for the ken, too, since it beats projectiles nicely

pixelish

did no one realise there's a tournament mode feature in sfv until now?

Spab Daddy ‏@MrSpab 3m
there's a cool feature for tournament. Go to options > other settings > pause menu B. You hold start to bring up the start menu. Use itttt

did no one realise there's a tournament mode feature in sfv until now?

I did that accidentally on the first day and thought my game or stick was busted until someone pointed it out to me. Really cool feature for tournaments that basically prevent accidental starts permanently. Home button is a different story though unfortunately.

Daigo was getting bullied by that Necalli.

Is Nuki feeling SFV?

I think that Necalli was Haitani. Daigo didn't seem too familiar with the game yet. I don't think he has begun the grind like the other players have. It may be due to this new stream and him wanting to show case his progress week to week, not sure.

As for Nuki, he really likes it. He's definitely taking it seriously unlike SF4 where he dropped out after the first year.

Dahbomb

OMG that set play on Fizzykups team (Magento/Dante/Frank) is RIDICULOUS!

It's like the Dante/Iron Man/X23 team. One guess wrong on a TAC equals into infinite = lots of hits = Frank lvl5 and then double guard breaks using Magneto's Grav Loop into Frank super.

Tripon

Not winter brawl, Winter Clash in Cannes France. I doubt many international players are gonna go to France for a ranking event.

Regional events are more important this year since winning a regional tournament guarantees entry to the regional finals, where winning that guarantees a spot in Capcom Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom