• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

What's the gameplan with Chun versus Bison? I just fought my first Bison and got stomped completely, I'm assuming I was doing something wrong but he just seemed to be beating all of my anti-airs and going air to air with him his buttons were beating mine as well. 100% sure I got outplayed regardless but what's the idea here?

Still haven't fought half the cast, 90%+ of people online seem to be Ken with an occasional Cammy or Karin.

What's the gameplan with Chun versus Bison? I just fought my first Bison and got stomped completely, I'm assuming I was doing something wrong but he just seemed to be beating all of my anti-airs and going air to air with him his buttons were beating mine as well. 100% sure I got outplayed regardless but what's the idea here?

Still haven't fought half the cast, 90%+ of people online seem to be Ken with an occasional Cammy or Karin.

Beware of his buttons. His buttons are almost as good as ours! When he tries to stomp or something back dash and punish.

On Devils Reverse block the first hit and if the angle is right, air throw.

Now that you mentioned it I haven't fought a bison yet, despite playing him a bit too.

Lots of karin ryu and r Mika though on my side of the planet

Rhapsody

Banned
Done for the day. Reached silver league earlier today. Lost so many points after when it just kept pairing me with people out of the country lol. Back to where I was though. I should probably play some of you guys here sometime. I'm lacking a lot of experience in certain matchups.

I've fought less than 3 Chuns or Birdies. Same with Rashid.

MrDaravon

So far 5/8 of my ranked matches tonight have been Kens lol. I just beat this Karin to make it out of Rookie league, then next match was a runback and he bodied me 3rd round and knocked me back into Rookie status lol. I just have no idea what most of the cast can do yet, mostly kicking myself because he got me with the same thing like 6 times that last match.

shaowebb

Just got the gag reel ending where Makoto's tail is removed and...uh...it talks.

I'm out. Time to stop playing for today.

MrDaravon

I just had the most legitimately fun match of street fighter I've had in years (and was my first match against a Ryu), it was fucking rad. I think I'm actually gonna upload this one to youtube or something. Not because I did great or anything (I'm ass and super terrible), but it was a super even match and you can actually see where we were both learning against each other like when he parried my df HK (can never remember the name of that) so I started baiting that etc. I missed all kinds of easy punishes and execution stuff but I just watched the replay and really enjoyed it again and could tell I was actually learning and adapting. It....feels good?

Now back to more flowchart Ken's where I just panic and hit buttons lol.

MrDaravon

Nash is cool as long as you play a good Nash and have an idea of his game plan. I don't hate Nash, I hate specific Nash players. They remind me of fighting Flowchart Ken's. We need to instate Flowchart Nash.

Are Nash's more prevalent at higher levels? I've seen one Nash (and only in a Casual match) versus about 10 Ken's today.

Hmm, yeah everyone's luck must just be all over the place. I still legitimately haven't seen half the cast.

I haven't fought a Dhalsim in days. Despite have a smaller cast, V's matchmaking is less diverse than IV's.

It's why I'm taking a break from ranked: playing ranked exclusively will make you good at only certain matchups. Which is funny because the opposite was true in Ultra where playing ranked was good for learning new matchups.

Rhapsody

Banned
I wish I was better at SF. I feel like I'm missing a certain something that some of you guys have. I'm not bad, but there's definitely that wall that's going to be there that won't get me too far into a tourney bracket. I feel like some of my matches I'm having shouldn't be as close as they are at times. I got a good idea on what parts I need to work on though, it's just a matter of adapting in and dealing with a variety of opponent playstyles.

Thankfully I'm only entering SFV and XrdR for Evo. The former is just to have fun and be part of it. The latter will be somewhat my focus. I just hope Dizzy turns out alright.

MrDaravon

I haven't fought a Dhalsim in days. Despite have a smaller cast, V's matchmaking is less diverse than IV's.

It's why I'm taking a break from ranked: playing ranked exclusively will make you good at only certain matchups. Which is funny because the opposite was true in Ultra where playing ranked was good for learning new matchups.

Yeah, that's maybe not a bad idea. I've only played about 25 matches and mostly in Ranked. Maybe I'll get less Ken in Casual haha. I just mostly wanted to try to hit 500 LP (which I did) to get rid of the rookie emblem >_>. I think EXP and FM gains are the same in Casual as they are in Ranked?

I wish I was better at SF. I feel like I'm missing a certain something that some of you guys have. I'm not bad, but there's definitely that wall that's going to be there that won't get me too far into a tourney bracket.

Thankfully I'm only entering SFV and XrdR for Evo. The former is just to have fun and be part of it. The latter will be somewhat my focus. I just hope Dizzy turns out alright.

I've been having trouble too but I've made 1000 LP in just a few days. Do you realize how long it took me to get 1000 PP in IV?

Yeah, that's maybe not a bad idea. I've only played about 25 matches and mostly in Ranked. Maybe I'll get less Ken in Casual haha. I just mostly wanted to try to hit 500 LP (which I did) to get rid of the rookie emblem >_>. I think EXP and FM gains are the same in Casual as they are in Ranked?

Get to 1000 to prove yourself you can and then go to other modes.

Rhapsody

Banned
I've been having trouble too but I've made 1000 LP in the matter of a week. Do you realize how long it took me to get 1000 PP in IV?

IV I did terrible in. Not sure if I ever reached 2000 lol. Maybe 1500 or so max. Keep in mind this was maybe during Super when the level of play was much lower lol

But yeah, I'm not terrible at SF. Decently good, but I can't imagine being at a point I'd be satisfied with at a tourney level. I got to 2000 LP, but I do know that a lot of it dealt with getting lucky on playing opponents I won't have trouble dealing with.

But I did mostly miss out on SFIV, so it's just me getting back into the cycle of things still as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom